World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyToday at 10:28 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyToday at 10:15 pm by Admin

» Keith China Nanjing
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyToday at 9:36 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyToday at 9:32 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyToday at 8:01 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyToday at 7:55 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyToday at 7:44 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyToday at 7:41 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyToday at 7:39 pm by Admin

» Black Lives Matter Riots and MORE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyToday at 7:17 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyToday at 12:00 am by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 9:56 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 9:29 pm by Admin

» What Do We Know about Angels in the Bible?
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 9:13 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2020, 10:35 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2020, 10:12 pm by Admin

» The Cleansing Blood Old Testament and New
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2020, 9:47 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyThu 24 Sep 2020, 10:31 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyThu 24 Sep 2020, 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HOLOCAUST STUDIES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyThu 24 Sep 2020, 10:25 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin on Mon 07 Oct 2019, 11:57 pm

Date: October 7, 2019 at 1:39 AM
Topic: +DEV+ His Covenant

His Covenant

"For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant." Hebrews 9:15

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 9

On television I have seen physical hostage situations that look very scary. Thankfully, I have never experienced anything similar. But at times in my own life, I have felt like a spiritual hostage of my own guilt, paralyzed by the feeling that I can never make up for past mistakes and failures.

Although not physically held at gunpoint, this boulder of lies weighs me down, and I imagine that redemption is impossible. Does that sound familiar to you? Jesus, our solid Rock, changes all of this by freeing sinners like you and me from the law through a new covenant of His grace. Christ's often misunderstood grace affirms the impossibility of earning salvation through good deeds.

No amount of good deeds can cover for sinful hearts born separated from our holy God. Redemption can never be the result of human striving. Only faith in the One who died in our place and was resurrected produces victory over sin and death. We have been ransomed! What had been impossible became possible in Christ who purchased us back from certain death.

Insight: "The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." (Mark 10:45)

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 03 Oct 2019, 10:32 am

Date: October 3, 2019 at 12:33 AM
Topic: +DEV+ His Oath

His Oath

"The patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne." Acts 2:29-30

Scripture Focus: Acts 2

Before David died, he had complete confidence that one day God would fulfill His promise to designate a king of the Jews who would "not see decay" (Psalm 16:10) and would provide eternal life to believers. God sent His Son Jesus to provide the way to be saved from sin and subsequent "abandonment to the grave" (Acts 2:31).

David even knew, through the counsel and oath of the Lord, that believers would enjoy eternal security and a life filled with pleasures in God's presence (Psalm 16:5-11). Fulfilled prophecy reminds us that God is credible.. He is proven. His love is everlasting. His promise to David was that the Messiah would not see decay, but would be resurrected.

Those who believe that Jesus is the Savior, responding obediently to His call to follow, have assurance of life everlasting. God's children have what David called a "delightful inheritance" –God's presence and counsel, and His refuge, security, pleasant boundaries, and eternal joy. His good oath, backed by His blood, does "support us in the 'whelming flood."

Insight: "The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off-for all whom the Lord our God will call." (Acts 2:39)

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 11:10 pm

Date: October 2, 2019 at 1:25 AM
Topic: +DEV+ My Anchor Holds

My Anchor Holds

"By faith Abraham, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going, For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God." Hebrews 11:8, 10

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 11

As long as my cell phone is operable, I know I can use my GPS to direct me to unknown locations. It is a comfort as long as it is not lost or emptied of its battery power. The day it fails to help me navigate is the day I will understand the cliché "up a creek without a paddle."

Abraham received the call of the Lord to go to an unknown location. He placed his faith in the unfailing Almighty God and started his journey. He talked to God, and God faithfully provided him with direction. God said, "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward" (Genesis 15:1b). This proved to be true. "And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised" (Hebrews 6:15).

We are able to journey with God because our faith has a solid basis: Jesus Christ. He is the unfailing anchor that holds in any event, the navigator who provides us with salvation that cannot be snatched away. With such a strong foundation for our faith, we experience Jesus daily as our rock, our shield, and our very great reward.

Insight: "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.." (Hebrews 6:19)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 01 Oct 2019, 10:03 pm

Date: October 1, 2019 at 12:59 AM
Topic: +DEV+ The High and Stormy Gales

The High and Stormy Gales

"He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm." Luke 8:24

Scripture Focus: Luke 8

Crisis points in raising my children (now adults) always stunned me as a young parent. It seemed I was constantly striving to make the "white picket fence" fantasy real. Gradually, God helped me realize He could be trusted with my children no matter how difficult the storms.

I began to understand how to give up control to Him and exercise faith. Our faith is unexpectedly tested in the roughest of times. Jesus knows how much we will waver between belief and disbelief in the waters of life that seek to drown us. He knows our control-freakishness. He knows how quickly we abandon Him. In Luke 8, the disciples scrambled in fear to awaken Jesus on their stormy boat trip.

The winds and waves threatened them. Jesus had previously directed them to "go to the other side," knowing the storm would happen. Fearing death, the disciples faced a big test of their faith. They easily forgot Who was with them. Yet Jesus showed Himself to be near and responsive to their prayers. In the high and stormy gales of your life too, He is near.

Insight: Don't forget that Jesus has the power to command the winds that blow against your life.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 30 Sep 2019, 10:55 pm

Date: September 30, 2019 at 12:19 AM

Topic: +DEV+  His Unchanging Grace

His Unchanging Grace

"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions-it is by grace you have been saved." Ephesians 2:4-5

Scripture Focus: Ephesians 2

"God's Riches at Christ's Expense." Have you ever heard this acronym for the word "grace"? The near misses in my life-the times I was prevented from getting what I deserved-remind me of this incomparable truth. There were many second chances I received through no effort of my own. 

I recall times when I made foolish decisions in my youth that easily could have led to lifetime disaster. I have always linked these many "safe landings" to God's answers to the dedicated prayers of my Christian parents. Now think about grace in these terms: On the cross, Jesus voluntarily and selflessly stood in your place before a Holy God. He absorbed God's wrath, destroying the hostile barrier between you and Him. 

He established lasting peace, breathed eternal life into you, and secured your privilege to approach the throne of grace with confidence. This kind of grace is hard to wrap our thinking around. By His sheer grace we have been preserved not only in this life, but also we are assured the safest landing ever in the life to come.

Insight: "For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men." (Titus 2:11)

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 27 Sep 2019, 9:47 pm

Date: September 27, 2019 at 1:15 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Other Ground is Sinking Sand

My renovation project is just about finished. A little minor clean-up and setting up my desk items. Then a bit of vacuuming to sweep up any left-over mess. It has been a job doing this by myself. I will now try to see my chiropractor to get the kinks out of my back. The office now looks real nice. So it is “back to work” once again!

Other Ground is Sinking Sand

"They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, The Lord is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him." Psalm 92:14-15

Scripture Focus: Psalm 92

Can God still use me to build His kingdom? Are my abilities and talents as functional now in my 60s as they were in my 20s? I think about how in my three.score years, I've learned to distinguish wolves in sheep's clothing from true sheep, pride from selflessness, and unbelief from genuine faith. Growing discernment helps me avoid sinking sands.

My sinking sands of worry have diminished. "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul" (Psalm 94:19). The sinking sand of doubt is less as I recall Hebrews 11:13: "All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance." I can say good.bye to the sinking sand of fear.

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline" (2 Timothy 1:7). Wisdom comes with years walking with Jesus. He gently nourishes our faith so that as we stand on Him, the solid Rock, all other ground is sinking sand.

Insight: "I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service." (1 Timothy 1:12)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 22 Sep 2019, 12:31 am

Date: September 21, 2019 at 12:32 AM
Topic: A Further Note:

NOTE:
My office is undergoing a bit of renovation and I will be “Off-Line” for a few days as I am the only one doing the work. I am slow with it so I won’t hurt so bad. I estimate upwards of 1 week to be out of communications (eMail/Web stuff) But will be back hopefully next Monday Lord willing. So I’ll see you then with a brand new office!

Well, as always the best laid plans of mice and men oft go astray…. I have finished the first section of the office renovation, still have the other two floor sections and then the new desk space, so this is taking a bit longer that anticipated… it may be most of this coming week to finish before I get back to sending my devotionals again. Please bear with me as I am doing this without help and being with a bad back things are thrice as slow as I figured. I apologize for that.
On with the show, I will resume as soon as I can. Hang in there, don’t give up on me just yet.
Lord’s blessings be upon you.

Michael & Anita inman
Pastor Restoration ministry
Rolla, Missouri.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 17 Sep 2019, 10:03 pm

Date: September 16, 2019 at 1:10 AM
Topic: +DEV+ My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less

My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less

"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." Psalm 40:2

Scripture Focus: Psalm 40

My "slimy pit" holds bitterness, grudges that have a death grip on me, or people who constantly disappoint. When I am paralyzed by my own "right to be right," I lose sight of Jesus' finished work on the cross. I forget that He has forgotten the grudge He could have held against me for my lifetime of sin.

Praise God that He daily whispers a new song of forgiveness in my ears and a new song of praise in my heart as I wait patiently for Him to make things healed and whole. By His grace, I throw off the mud of anger and frustration before they take unhealthy root in my life. Through His compassion, I learn to resist the mire of self-pity and pride. He gives me a firm place to stand by freeing me to love people, expecting nothing in return. You can experience this, too.

Entrust your enemies and their plots to God. Leave personal hurts and offenses at the foot of the cross. Go to the Rock that holds your feet steady, and say with the hymn writer that your "hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness."

Insight: "I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry." (Psalm 40:1)

Michael D. Inman

Date: September 16, 2019 at 9:58 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Lean on Jesus' Name

Lean on Jesus' Name

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

Scripture Focus: Acts 4

Four days after the death of her brother Lazarus, Martha heard that Jesus was nearby and went to seek Him out. Though she trusted Him, she couldn't help expressing disappointment that Jesus hadn't come sooner and prevented Lazarus' death. Still she voiced her simple faith in His promise of eternal life in the future.

Jesus reminded her that His resurrection power was a present power. Martha witnessed it! Her faith grew tremendously that day. I suspect yours would too if you beheld the return of a loved one after he or she had died. But even when the trying situation in your life is not turned around, you know the One who did indeed change everything when He Himself rose from the dead at Calvary.

"Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord" (Philippians 2:9-11). When we're tested, Jesus faithfully develops our faith step by step, revealing the power of His name.

Insight: "I dare not trust the sweetest frame,/ but wholly lean on Jesus' name." (Edward Mote, 1834)

NOTE:
My office is undergoing a bit of renovation and I will be “Off-Line” for a few days as I am the only one doing the work. I am slow with it so I won’t hurt so bad. I estimate upwards of 1 week to be out of communications (eMail/Web stuff) But will be back hopefully next Monday Lord willing. So I’ll see you then with a brand new office!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 14 Sep 2019, 10:44 pm

DEV+  The Mundane Matters
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:45 am (PDT) . Posted by:"Michael Inman" n0klu
Date: September 13, 2019 at 1:12 AM
Topic: +DEV+ The Mundane Matters

The Mundane Matters

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 10

As Jesus grew, He came under the tutelage of His father, Joseph, who taught Him his trade. Modern translations often describe it as carpenter. But the Greek word, tekton, has a broader meaning than just "carpenter," often including "artisan, craftsman, builder, architect."

While He lived on this earth, Jesus had to learn to work with His hands and His mind. The mastermind behind the universe, the eternal logos, had to learn mathematics, aesthetics, and the physics behind how this world functions. The Word that created all things out of nothing learned how to take raw materials and create something useful.

Jesus had what we would call a secular job. We know from Jesus that He did only what the Father told Him to do (John 5:19). He was growing in closeness to His father on the job. His ministry was an extension of what He learned through His trade. If you are tempted to believe that your job is not significant, take a second look at Jesus! Everything that He did was infused by His nearness to His heavenly Father.

Insight: Pray today that God would take you under His tutelage and show you how you can work for Him in your occupation.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 13 Sep 2019, 8:07 pm

Date: September 13, 2019 at 1:12 AM

Topic: +DEV+  The Mundane Matters

The Mundane Matters

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."  1 Corinthians 10:31

Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 10

As Jesus grew, He came under the tutelage of His father, Joseph, who taught Him his trade. Modern translations often describe it as carpenter. But the Greek word, tekton, has a broader meaning than just "carpenter," often including "artisan, craftsman, builder, architect." 

While He lived on this earth, Jesus had to learn to work with His hands and His mind. The mastermind behind the universe, the eternal logos, had to learn mathematics, aesthetics, and the physics behind how this world functions. The Word that created all things out of nothing learned how to take raw materials and create something useful. 

Jesus had what we would call a secular job. We know from Jesus that He did only what the Father told Him to do (John 5:19). He was growing in closeness to His father on the job. His ministry was an extension of what He learned through His trade. If you are tempted to believe that your job is not significant, take a second look at Jesus! Everything that He did was infused by His nearness to His heavenly Father.

Insight: Pray today that God would take you under His tutelage and show you how you can work for Him in your occupation.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 2:02 pm

2+DEV+  A Shepherd for the Journey
Date: September 12, 2019 at 1:16 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A Shepherd for the Journey

A Shepherd for the Journey

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 40

I recall a time I was driving our two daughters home after buying their christian school uniforms from a place I'd never been to before in an unfamiliar town. Without a map I repeatedly took us on several loop-d-loos, exasperated, I began unleashing panic because Mom was not with us to help guide us home.

Not so with God! He calls Himself shepherd in the Old Testament. He gently leads those with young. Shepherds guide, protect, nourish, and correct. Maybe it is not surprising to us, then, that the first recipients of the Christmas news were the shepherds in the fields.

Jesus also said of Himself, "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep" (John 10:11). This is not a trivial statement. He is identifying with the sovereign LORD of the Old Testament, Yahweh Himself. God calls His people "the flock of his pasture" (Psalm 100:3). When we follow Jesus' lead, we are the recipients of His tender care, loving sacrifice, guidance, and at times even of His discipline. We can surely trust Him.

Insight: "Savior, like a shepherd lead us,/ much we need thy tender care;/ in thy pleasant pastures feed us,/ for our use thy folds prepare." (Dorothy Thrupp, 1836)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 12:30 pm

Date: September 10, 2019 at 1:20 AM

Topic: +DEV+  The Hard In-Between of Exile

The Hard In-Between of Exile

"How can we sing the songs of the LORD while in a foreign land?"  Psalm 137:4

Scripture Focus: Psalm 137

Life in exile is hard! As foreigners, the Israelites were constantly reminded they did not belong. The food tasted different, the language was new, the people and their mores were strange. But worst of all, the worship of the living God seemed to be missing. Experiencing God's presence, however, is not tied to geography. 

In fact, Peter claims New Covenant believers are themselves the stones that make up God's spiritual house (see 1 Peter 2:5). Not only are we at home in Jesus, we become a "home" for others. We are called to declare the praises of God who called us into His marvelous light. The life we lead should be attractive to those around us so that they too glorify God. Still, we're not at home in this world. 

We're but pilgrims on our way to our heavenly home. Getting too comfortable here and now or equating physical places with home in an ultimate kind of way not only dulls our senses, it may even hinder our witness to a watching world. Jesus came on a mission to call people home-home to heaven and home to Him.

Insight: As you decorate your house for Christmas, think about what it means to be God's spiritual house. How could you be "home" for someone today?

Michael D. Inman

Date: September 11, 2019 at 1:16 AM
Topic:

Suffering In-Between

"I know that you can do all things,. You asked, 'Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?' Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know."  Job 42:2-3

Scripture Focus: Job 42

The book of Job opens with a scene in God's heavenly courtroom. Satan enters, demanding permission to test Job, and God agrees with one condition: that Job's life be spared. Of course, Job is unaware of the conversation that transpired in the heavenlies.

He only experiences this terrible new reality of suffering which Satan is sure will get him to renounce God. Suffering, in Job's case, was not a punishment for being evil. On the contrary, God loved him so much that He allowed the testing of his faith to prove Job's ultimate allegiance. Jesus, God's beloved Son, came from the heavenly counsel into the world to subject Himself to God's greatest test ever.

From the moment Jesus was born, He was immersed in a world full of suffering. He bore the brunt of it in His body at His crucifixion. Though abandoned and in anguish, He forgave others. And He entrusted His soul to God. Punished, hanging between heaven and hell, He refused to save Himself in order that He might redeem the meaning of suffering once and for all.

Insight: How does this heavenly perspective help you endure your greatest suffering today, clinging to Jesus in faith and hope? Praise him for going ahead of you!

Michael D. Inman

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 09 Sep 2019, 11:57 pm

Date: September 9, 2019 at 1:13 AM
Topic: +DEV+ God Dwells in a Temporary House

God Dwells in a Temporary House

"Then I will dwell among the Israelites and be their God. They will know that I am the LORD their God, who brought them out of Egypt so that I might dwell among them." Exodus 29:45-46

Scripture Focus: Exodus 29

A friend showed me a photo of the sheet partitions in her room at the refugee home. Two other families had moved in with them, and this was the only way to get privacy. "But we still hear and smell everything. Living together is difficult. I can't wait to have my own apartment!" This is a reality for many refugees worldwide.

Similarly, the Israelites lived in makeshift tents in the desert as they traveled to the Promised Land. Isn't it amazing that God would voluntarily live in a portable tent too, just to be near His nomadic people? God identified with them as they experienced transition, uncertainty, instability, and a longing for home.

When Jesus came, John described it like this: "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling [literally, "tabernacled"] among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth" (John 1:14). As we await Jesus' humble arrival this season, remember why He came: to draw close to His people in love and bring them home.

Insight: Meditate on how Jesus' presence with you changes how you go through transitions, especially the difficult ones.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 06 Sep 2019, 10:08 pm

Date: September 5, 2019 at 1:20 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Desert Wanderings

Desert Wanderings

"But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness." Hebrews 3:13

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 3

The people of Israel wandered in the desert for 40 years after their miraculous escape from Egypt at Moses' hand. They experienced God's supernatural deliverance through the crossing of the Red Sea and yet were quick to forget. They grumbled and complained about God's provision of manna, longing for the leeks and onions of Egypt.

This type of irrational amnesia plagues us all. We have seen God at work in the past, and yet we forget Him in the present. Sadly, we fail to trust Him for the future. Songwriter Michael Card captures the challenge of living in the wilderness between promise and fulfillment: "In the wilderness, we wander/ In the wilderness we weep/ In the wasteland of our wanting/ Where the darkness seems so deep." Have you lost your sense of direction in the desert?

Are you wallowing in your own desires and sorrows? Listen to the words of Scripture which remind us that Jesus passed the wilderness temptation test for us. He trusted God when He was at His weakest. Now He leads us through our current wilderness!

Insight: Ask God to show you if there is someone you know who needs to be encouraged today.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 05 Sep 2019, 8:14 pm

Date: September 5, 2019 at 1:20 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Desert Wanderings

Desert Wanderings

"But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."  Hebrews 3:13

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 3

The people of Israel wandered in the desert for 40 years after their miraculous escape from Egypt at Moses' hand. They experienced God's supernatural deliverance through the crossing of the Red Sea and yet were quick to forget. They grumbled and complained about God's provision of manna, longing for the leeks and onions of Egypt. 

This type of irrational amnesia plagues us all. We have seen God at work in the past, and yet we forget Him in the present. Sadly, we fail to trust Him for the future. Songwriter Michael Card captures the challenge of living in the wilderness between promise and fulfillment: "In the wilderness, we wander/ In the wilderness we weep/ In the wasteland of our wanting/ Where the darkness seems so deep." Have you lost your sense of direction in the desert? 

Are you wallowing in your own desires and sorrows? Listen to the words of Scripture which remind us that Jesus passed the wilderness temptation test for us. He trusted God when He was at His weakest. Now He leads us through our current wilderness!

Insight: Ask God to show you if there is someone you know who needs to be encouraged today.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 04 Sep 2019, 9:51 pm

2 +DEV+  Between Captivity and Freedom
Tue Sep 3, 2019 10:58 pm (PDT) .
Date: September 4, 2019 at 12:55 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Between Captivity and Freedom

Between Captivity and Freedom

"The Israelites groaned in their slavery and cried out, and their cry for help because of their slavery went up to God. God heard their groaning and he remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac and with Jacob." Exodus 2:23-24

Scripture Focus: Exodus 2 

Four hundred years was a long time for the Israelites to live in slavery. Entire generations never tasted political or personal freedom. This seems very harsh from God since we tend to elevate personal freedom to the greatest good. But God often has a very different plan. 

While we cling to our quality of life, God clings to His people. Suffering, slavery, or poor life quality cannot hinder an intimate relationship with God. Does it mean that freedom from oppression is not important to God here and now? No, but it is not paramount because in knowing Him, we are truly free! At the same time, God is not unmoved by suffering. He spared Moses and planned to send him to free his people from Egypt. Moses was only foreshadowing the great Exodus that Jesus would accomplish by freeing His people from the bondage of sin and death. 

We still live as refugees, pilgrims on our way to the eternal Promised Land.. When Jesus comes back, injustice, oppression, and satanic tyranny will be eradicated. We will live in peace and freedom forever!

Insight: Meditate today on the freedom Jesus gives you that cannot be taken away even by the worst of circumstances.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 03 Sep 2019, 7:27 pm

Date: September 3, 2019 at 1:28 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A Peek Behind the Curtain

A Peek Behind the Curtain

"But Joseph said to them, Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." Genesis 50:19-20

Scripture Focus: Genesis 50

Sometimes God lets us peek behind the curtain to see how He is working to unfold His will in history. Joseph is given a peek behind the scenes of God's plan to save many from starvation. Had he not been sold into slavery by his brothers or thrown into an Egyptian jail, he would never have come to the influential role he played in Pharaoh's court. God knew just what He was doing, and now Joseph finally understood. His suffering served a redemptive purpose. 

Many generations later when Jesus died on the cross, the curtain of the temple was torn from top to bottom. It was as if God were saying, "Now you have full access to me and my purposes through my Son. He suffered greatly to reveal my great plan to save many!" We can trust God that He is redeeming all of our situations-even our agonizing ones. 

When we look into His face, we understand that He intends to redeem the sufferings of this in-between life we lead. We can trust Him fully because He went to the end and back for us, and we now walk in His footsteps!

Insight: Ask God to give you faith today that Jesus is redeeming all things, even the circumstances in your life you cannot fully understand.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 02 Sep 2019, 6:42 pm

Date: September 2, 2019 at 1:20 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Humiliation and Exaltation

Humiliation and Exaltation

"But while Joseph was there in the prison, the LORD was with him; he showed him kindness and granted him favor in the eyes of the prison warden." Genesis 39:20b-21

Scripture Focus: Genesis 39

Lord, why am I stuck here? Who will come to my aid? I have served you faithfully; is this what I deserve? Where are you, God? These are some of the questions Joseph may have been asking during his humiliating two-year stay in an Egyptian jail. He'd been imprisoned under false accusations after serving his master faithfully for over a decade. Joseph lost his job, his reputation, and his freedom all at once. 

Have you ever been in a situation where you have felt falsely accused? It's painful. You feel helpless. Perhaps you also have questioned, "Where are you, God?" But God was with Joseph. He even had a plan to exalt him into a position of great honor and influence. Jesus too, the only perfect man, was slandered and falsely accused. He was dragged before the courts and sentenced to a cruel death on a cross. But the Father exalted Him to the highest place of honor. 

When we are in Christ, we have the same destiny ahead of us, regardless of our earthly circumstances. Until then, we have the promise of His presence with us.

Insight: Spend some time praying for persecuted Christians who may be feeling alone or abandoned by God. Pray they would know his presence today.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 31 Aug 2019, 8:09 pm

Date: August 30, 2019 at 1:12 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Disappointment and Cynicism

Disappointment and Cynicism

"Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son. Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, I did not laugh." Genesis 18:14-15

Scripture Focus: Genesis 18

Abraham was 99 and Sarah 90 when God promised them a son. Any couple that has experienced infertility can relate to their pain and dashed hopes. But at this age, any of us would have been planning the end of our life, not dreaming of the unexpected gift of new life! 

Yet it is into this situation of complete physical impossibility that God enters with His promise of a son, to which they respond with hardened cynicism. Who would blame them? But God loves to redeem such situations because only He can make something out of nothing, create life in barren wombs, and raise the dead to life again. God was setting the stage for another impossible pregnancy, one conceived by the Holy Spirit to create a child born of the will of the heavenly Father and the seed of the woman. 

Jesus was fully man and fully God, the ultimate child of the promise who would see the results of His suffering and be satisfied. He would inaugurate for us the end of fruitlessness, meaninglessness, frustration, pain, and death. God will have the last laugh!

Insight: What are some situations you may have given up on? Bring these to Jesus again today. He loves to redeem the impossible!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 29 Aug 2019, 10:32 pm

Date: August 29, 2019 at 1:07 AM
Topic: +DEV+ God Passes in Between

God Passes in Between

"When the sun had set and darkness had fallen, a smoking firepot with a blazing torch appeared and passed between the pieces." Genesis 15:17

Scripture Focus: Genesis 15

God promised Abraham his descendants would be as numerous as the stars. Abraham believed God! But then he had questions about the Promised Land. The "how" of it remained elusive. Do you find yourself with a similar dilemma? You believe God is able, but you cannot see how it can be? God gave Abraham a sign he would have understood. 

To sign a contract in Abraham's day, animals were cut in half and placed on the ground. Both parties would walk between the pieces. This self-binding act said, "If I don't hold up my end of this bargain, let what happened to these animals happen to me!" Smoke and fire are both symbols of God's very presence. 

Abraham knew that God Himself walked alone between the carcasses, binding Himself one-sidedly to His promise. God was the sole guarantor of His covenant with Abraham as well as His covenant with us. We begin to see the extent of His love and provision. He is willing to pass through death itself to stay faithful to His promises. He would, in fact, do this very thing 2,000 years later.

Insight: God not only promises blessing, he claims to be the promise! "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward" (15:1).

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 28 Aug 2019, 6:18 pm

Date: August 28, 2019 at 1:12 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Immediate Connection

Immediate Connection

"Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden." Genesis 3:8

Scripture Focus: Genesis 3

Have you ever felt frustrated by a poor phone line, a bad Skype connection, or no cell reception? I have, especially if it was a very important conversation to me. Now take that mental picture and apply it to your spiritual life. You read God's Word, but you cannot seem to figure out what God is trying to tell you. 

It's as if the connection was bad. Your circumstances blur the promises of Scripture, and you hear conflicting voices. We all wish for immediate connection with God, just as Adam and Eve had in the garden. Even the Apostle Paul was frustrated with this very thing: "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known" (1 Corinthians 13:12). 

We live in a time between the garden and the heavenly city where we will be able to see God face to face. We'll talk to Him without mediation. We'll see and hear Him clearly. Until then, though we may not understand everything, we walk with Him, gripped firmly in His love.

Insight: Paul continued with "these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love" (1 Corinthians 13:13).

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 28 Aug 2019, 12:15 am

Date: August 27, 2019 at 1:20 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Caught in Between

Caught in Between

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11

Scripture Focus: Ecclesiastes 3

Our entire human existence is caught between our birth and our death. The author of Ecclesiastes bemoans the meaninglessness of the human lifespan. Perhaps you have sometimes felt the burden of similar thoughts. People come and go, yet what is left to show for it? 

It almost seems like a cruel form of punishment that God would place a desire for eternity in our hearts when we are stuck in a fallen, broken world, alienated from the One who could rescue us right now. The season of Advent is a season of longing. We long to be freed from our predicament, for this world to be made right and beautiful. Our hearts ache for pain and suffering to end, but we feel helpless to bring it about. 

The older we grow, the more we long for our heavenly home. The good news of Christmas is that God has A surprising remedy for us. Jesus entered our accursed world and bound Himself to the human condition to burst out of it in triumph over evil, death, and meaninglessness. Through Him, we share in His victory and live in hope each day!

Insight: "No more let sins and sorrows grow/ nor thorns infest the ground;/ he comes to make His blessings flow/ far as the curse is found." (Isaac Watts, 1719)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 26 Aug 2019, 9:47 pm

Date: August 26, 2019 at 1:13 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Advent and the Waiting Game
Advent and the Waiting Game

"And one thing more: Prepare a guest room for me, because I hope to be restored to you in answer to your prayers."  Philemon 22

Scripture Focus: Philemon 22

Advent is sandwiched between the promise of the coming King and the fulfillment of that promise. Similarly, much of our own lives are sandwiched between promise and fulfillment. We were stationed in southern Arizona and don't get to see our families very much. When we heard that my parents were coming for a visit, everyone in our family gets very excited and can't wait for the day they arrive. 

It would, however, be silly to just sit on the couch idly for weeks, waiting for them. Though our thoughts are filled with the anticipation of their coming, we must still get on with daily life. When the time drew nearer, we started making practical preparations. 

We don't have a guest room per se, so one of our girls would vacate her room and the transformation begins. Our activity is infused by the promise of the fulfillment of our longings. The Old Testament promised a Savior who would make our hearts His dwelling. When we have accepted Jesus as Savior, His Spirit takes up dwelling in our hearts, preparing and renovating them to be His guest room.

Insight: Meditate on how God's dwelling in your heart changes the way you wait in difficult situations.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 23 Aug 2019, 10:37 pm

Date: August 23, 2019 at 1:12 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Advent, a Microcosm of Life

Advent, a Microcosm of Life

"Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him." Psalm 37:7a

Scripture Focus: Psalm 37

Being still and waiting patiently on God is not my default mode. December 1st catches me off- guard every year! I get a panicky feeling. The whole month is a preparation for one day. We feel the pressure to decorate, bake, buy, and produce Christmas cheer. 

Honestly, I sometimes feel like the Grinch. The demands of the Christmas season mirror and intensify the demands that encompass our entire life except that they are bundled in the space of a few weeks. Daily we're caught between our genuine desire for joy and the impositions society places on us. We forget David's words to us in Psalm 37: "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart" (vs. 4). 

This next series, let's look at what God has to say about being caught in the in-betweens of our human existence. And what better time to do so than during Advent when we are waiting for Jesus' coming? God wants us to know He is not just a God of the fulfillments; He is also the God of the in-betweens, gently whispering to us, "Be still before me." 

Insight: Take a moment today to slow down, catch your breath, and ask God's spirit to infuse you with His peace and joy this busy season.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 22 Aug 2019, 11:42 pm

Date: August 21, 2019 at 1:10 AM
Topic: +DEV+ High Praise

High Praise

"Praise the LORD, all his heavenly hosts, you his servants who do his will." Psalm 103:21

Scripture Focus: Psalm 103

It seems strange that the psalmist invokes the heavenly hosts to praise the Lord. Why them? The hosts are identified as the servants who do His will. The Bible gives us glimpses of majestic cherubim, seraphim, and angels in God's heavenly court, all of whom are eager to do His bidding (Isaiah 6:1-7; Ezekiel 10; Revelation 7:11-12). 

David says earlier that the love of the Lord is with those who obey His commandments and keep His covenant (vv.17-18). These heavenly hosts are obedient creatures. As faithful servants, they receive the love of God, so the psalmist urges them to praise God. But what about us, unfaithful sinners who violate His will? Where can we find His steadfast love to praise Him? The answer is in Jesus Christ. In Christ, God forgives all our iniquity, removes our transgressions, adopts us as His children, and bestows His steadfast love upon us (vs. 3). 

Because of Christ's faithfulness, we are now part of this heavenly choir praising the Lord together with His heavenly hosts. [Yi, Hei Long Jiang, China; second year student]

Insight: The imperative command to praise God is always preceded by the indicative announcement of what He has already accomplished for us.

Michael D. Inman

: August 22, 2019 at 1:00 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Talking to Yourself Again

Talking to Yourself Again

"Praise the LORD, O my soul!" Psalm 103:22b

Scripture Focus: Psalm 103

David's "thanksgiving list" ends where it began. He started by talking to himself, summoning everything in him to thank his loving, faithful God (vs. 1). Now, having called everything everywhere in the universe and beyond to join the everlasting song, he again addresses himself. He will not urge others to express gratitude to the great and gracious King without entering in himself. 

By the end of November, America's Thanksgiving celebration is receding in most folks' "rear view mirrors," while the marketers of Christmas merchandise shift into high gear the advertising blitz that started in October. Even today, 25 days before the Big Event, pressures of shopping, decoration, and hospitality may be souring your inner conversation, making you uptight or downcast. 

When you find your thoughts rehearsing a script of anxiety or despair, it's time to "talk back" to your soul. Challenge yourself to "put your hope in God." Because of His mercy in Christ, you can affirm, "I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." 

Insight: Christ's birth, which we will soon celebrate, gives us reason to keep Thanksgiving going: "Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!" (2 Corinthians 9:15)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum: