World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 50 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 50 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 11:43 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Fri 25 Oct 2019, 10:42 pm

Date: October 25, 2019 at 12:49 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Sword of the Spirit

Sword of the Spirit

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 4

I marvel at the power of words and the way language expresses unforgettable meaning. All my life words of affirmation have stuck with me. But just as surely, hurtful words have kept a chokehold on my memory, too.

Perhaps you can relate to that. I am grateful that God's Spirit has caused His Word to take root in my heart to supply wisdom for living, distaste for sin, and a preserving presence in my life. But more importantly, I have gotten to know Jesus personally through the Bible. I am learning to love and obey Him more. What people see in a believer who is sincerely following Jesus is a transformed life. Where there is no change, it looks as if God's Word has gone missing.

As important as oxygen is for physical survival, God's Word fuels abundant spiritual life. Without it, there is no replication of the life of Christ in you. God loved us so much that He communicated to us using words that were brought to completion in His Son Jesus-the Living Word, the final Word! And He, indeed, is living and active.

Insight: If the sword of the Spirit is the Word of God (see Ephesians 6:17), take hold of it to face whatever comes your way today.

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 12 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Thu 24 Oct 2019, 7:10 pm

Date: October 23, 2019 at 1:25 AM
Topic: +DEV+ The Spiritual Rock

The Spiritual Rock

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.." 2 Peter 1:3

Scripture Focus: 2 Peter 1

From Genesis 37-50 we read the detailed and compelling story of Joseph. As part of an evil plot, his brothers sold him into slavery to Ishmaelite merchants. From one misfortune to another, we see that nothing happened to Joseph that was not ordained by the righteous hand of the Lord. What Joseph's brothers meant for evil, God intended for good (50:20).

When betrayal and bitterness took aim at Joseph, he remained a fruitful vine because of "the hand of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel" (49:24).

You and I have access to Joseph's Rock through the victory of Jesus Christ on the cross. The cross reminds us of the promises of Jesus and the hope of being conformed to His image, character, and word. Joseph's story foreshadowed the suffering and redemption of our Rock of Ages. Joseph himself reflected the character of God and displayed the fruits of goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, kindness, and love, all of which came to fullness generations later in our Rock and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.

Insight: "Rock of Ages, cleft for me/ Let me hide myself in Thee.../ Nothing in my hand I bring,/ Simply to Thy cross I cling." (Augustus Toplady, 1776)

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 23 Oct 2019, 8:44 pm

The Spiritual Rock

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness."   2 Peter 1:3

Scripture Focus: 2 Peter 1

From Genesis 37-50 we read the detailed and compelling story of Joseph. As part of an evil plot, his brothers sold him into slavery to Ishmaelite merchants. From one misfortune to another, we see that nothing happened to Joseph that was not ordained by the righteous hand of the Lord. What Joseph's brothers meant for evil, God intended for good (50:20). 

When betrayal and bitterness took aim at Joseph, he remained a fruitful vine because of "the hand of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel" (49:24). 

You and I have access to Joseph's Rock through the victory of Jesus Christ on the cross. The cross reminds us of the promises of Jesus and the hope of being conformed to His image, character, and word. Joseph's story foreshadowed the suffering and redemption of our Rock of Ages. Joseph himself reflected the character of God and displayed the fruits of goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, kindness, and love, all of which came to fullness generations later in our Rock and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.

Insight: "Rock of Ages, cleft for me/ Let me hide myself in Thee.../ Nothing in my hand I bring,/ Simply to Thy cross I cling." (Augustus Toplady, 1776)

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 23 Oct 2019, 3:43 pm

This has got to stop!   Pass this on to everyone!
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:15 pm (PDT) . Posted by:"Rev. Michael D. Inman" n0klu
Your Tax Dollars Used to Merge Mice with Aborted Human Baby Body Parts: 'Abhorrent on so Many Levels'
https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics/2019/october/your-tax-dollars-used-to-merge-mice-with-aborted-human-baby-body-parts-abhorrent-on-so-many-levels

To those groups that strip out links, Our Tax Dollars are being used to mix Human aborted baby parts with animals!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 22 Oct 2019, 9:28 pm

Date: October 22, 2019 at 1:14 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Source of Wisdom

Source of Wisdom

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." James 1:5

Scripture Focus: James 1

SAT Most of us prize relative comfort, order, possessions, friends, and family. We would never invite trials into our lives. Though we may expect normal stresses and illnesses, we'd never ask for the heartbreak, hate, and tragedies that mar our world.

Yet, in Christ, He purposes that we gain perseverance and deeper faith through trials. We have access to the Holy Spirit's treasure chest of spiritual resources, especially wisdom. Jesus is generous to provide. In our solid Rock, we can experience joy even when life looks its ugliest. The upside-down truth of the gospel brings delight in the most desperate times. Jesus Christ promises that we lack nothing in the face of spiritual warfare.

We're assured of maturity and completeness in the face of betrayal. We are guaranteed a crown of life in the face of death. With steady feet and unswerving hearts, we believe. But whether we're struggling with doubt or not, children of God can simply ask Him for overflowing stores of joy. Our Source of wisdom navigates us through all our trials.

Insight: "Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens." (Daniel 12:3)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:49 pm

Date: October 21, 2019 at 1:15 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Out of the Mud and Mire

Out of the Mud and Mire

"Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; , By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me-a prayer to the God of my life."  Psalm 42:7-8

Scripture Focus: Palm 42

Quicksand, as I remember from old westerns, means "no way out," mud and mire with no return. Some of life's predicaments feel like quicksand, don't they? Psalm 42:9 says, "God my Rock, why have you forgotten me?" I have asked this question in the sinking sands of hostile relationships, the sludgy places in my heart, and the senseless tragedies of life. 

I wonder if I'll just keep sinking, forgotten by God altogether. At my self-pitying core, I ask, "Why me, Lord?" Have you wondered if you really can trust God when He is silent and appears to be far away? It is easy be devoured by the loose, wet sand, to sink even faster as we struggle more. Like the psalmist, we too hear voices around us saying, "Where is your God?" In those times, remind yourself that He is your Rock (vs. 9). 

Go now to meet with Him. Look upward and stop flailing. He faithfully stops the downward pressure from sucking you in and assures you that He is your Savior. He directs His love toward you so that you can sing His song rather than your own.

Insight: In trouble, say, "Why not me?" And know that the joy of the Lord is yours when you remember that He is your hope.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.ht

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 18 Oct 2019, 7:42 pm

Date: October 17, 2019 at 2:49 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Faultless to Stand Before the Throne
Faultless to Stand Before the Throne
"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."  Hebrews 4:16

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 4

When Peter healed the crippled beggar, he said, "In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk" (Acts 3:6). The man walked and immediately praised God. Peter then reminded the onlookers that they had previously disowned and crucified Jesus Christ, the Holy and Righteous One through whom this healing truly had happened. 

Here the bystanders had been given yet another chance to see God's power, repent, receive His grace, and believe in God's Son and His redemption. Faultlessness before God's throne is given to us in exchange for our faith in Jesus Christ. In Hebrews 2:1-4 we are admonished to remember that this great salvation was first announced by Jesus and then confirmed by many who heard Him. Testimony came through signs, miracles, and the visible actions of the Holy Spirit. God is faithful to give us many opportunities to believe. 

Even if you have denied His pull on your heart your whole life, approach His throne now. Go to Him in prayer and repentance; there you'll find mercy from the One who declares you faultless.

INSIGHT: "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

Date: October 18, 2019 at 1:25 AM

Topic: +DEV+  In Whom I Take Refuge
In Whom I Take Refuge

"How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you."   Psalm 31:19

Scripture Focus: Psalm 31

When we're faced with trouble of some kind, running away is our instinct. It is the first inclination when disaster comes near. While vacationing with friends in the mountains while stationed in Korea many years ago, my friend walked into the kitchen to find a bear standing in front of the refrigerator. Our friends were on the base and were impossible to reach by phone. My friend spent a good deal of time yelling for help out on his bedroom deck since no stairs were available for escape. Finally, someone heard his cries and sent help. 

Take a moment to understand our frailty in light of Christ's power to save. Most of life will not be like running away from a bear, but there will be a constant temptation to cave in to fears, a nagging desire to leave our Healer, and a growing urge to drop out of the race of faith. Hold on to and be held by your glorious Savior who "is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us" (Ephesians 3:20). That is the way to enjoy God's eternal safety in Christ.

Insight: "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance." (Psalm 32:7)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 14 Oct 2019, 4:38 pm

Date: October 14, 2019 at 12:54 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Clothed in His Righteousness
Clothed in His Righteousness
"But also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness-for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead."  Romans 4:24
Scripture Focus: Romans 4
Jesus wraps His righteousness around us when we find our life in Him. What is seen and accepted by the Father is the work Jesus finished on the cross. If I focus on my own personal holiness, I lose sight of Him altogether.
My proud, deceitful heart is always looking for something beyond God's "once and for all" provision for my salvation and eternal life. I want my children to give me credit for being a good dad, my wife to give me credit for being a good husband, my parents to give me credit for being a good son. I want to "wear the clothes" of my impressive behavior. Through His Son, the Father only sees me wearing the robes of Jesus' righteousness. Clothed in Him, I am justified, raised to life, saved from wrath, and reconciled.
Enduring faith in Jesus covers me with righteousness. Like Abraham, who "did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith" (Romans 4:20), I can cease my striving and leave behind a whole wardrobe of my own attempts to earn eternal life.
Insight: "I delight greatly in the Lord, For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness." (Isaiah 61:10)
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 11 Oct 2019, 9:49 pm

Date: October 11, 2019 at 1:45 AM
Topic: +DEV+ When the Trumpet Sounds

When the Trumpet Sounds

"Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades." Revelation 1:17b-18

Scripture Focus: Revelation 1

A trumpet blast heralds something important: a grand entrance, the presence of royalty, a kick-off to a special ceremony. So when God's Word heralds the great announcement of Jesus, all should pay attention. Reasons for inattention carry life-or-death consequences.

Without some crises of faith that forced me to make decisions in life, I might not have recognized the Living One calling to me. I knew I couldn't be a husband without the supernatural intervention of a Savior. The first cry of our first baby let me know the huge responsibility I had for her life. I knew with certainty that I needed a Savior. In God's mercy, He often allows us a spiritual wake-up call to break our lethargy. A jolt of responsibility, though unwelcome at the time, might be one way we can hear God's trumpet call. He knows our frailty and stubbornness.

I am thankful that God didn't let me waste too much time before I saw the truth of my sinfulness and the reality of His love. By His grace, I passed from death to life when I heard His trumpet call.

Insight: "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first." (1 Thessalonians 4:16)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 10 Oct 2019, 10:43 pm

Date: October 10, 2019 at 1:21 AM
Topic: +DEV+ My Hope and Stay

My Hope and Stay

"Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit." 2 Corinthians 1:21-22

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 1

Some of us are planners (I personally love to engineer my time.); some are not. In a day's time, we all make many yes-or-no decisions as if we are masters of our time and destinies. This is the rhythm of the world in which we live. Our calendars and our bank accounts tell our stories.

You've heard the saying, "We are what we consume." Paul says that the message of Jesus is our only firm "yes." Our destinies are solid in Him, and our daily yes's and no's only have significance when we live out our firm standing in Christ for God's glory. How then do we translate those life-altering things that happen to us into hope? Or a yes? Think about this truth. Our Savior's seal of ownership is on us if we have genuine faith in Him. It is affirmed.

Our days belong to Jesus who has deposited His Spirit in our hearts as our hope and stay. Whatever is to come is wrapped in His security. "Yes" takes on a deeper meaning when considered in light of our decision-making. He has guaranteed what is to come, and we know it will be glorious.

Insight: In Christ, today is a "yes, Lord" to what He has planned as He deepens our faith and becomes the object of our days.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 09 Oct 2019, 10:53 pm

Date: October 9, 2019 at 1:56 AM
Topic: +DEV+ The Overwhelming Flood

The Overwhelming Flood

“…a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25

Scripture Focus: Matthew 7

The assault of evil is never worse than when it is delivered by a friend. In Psalm 41:9, David laments that his trusted friend had lifted up his heel against him, foreshadowing the betrayal of Jesus by Judas. Imagine Jesus as He knows that Judas will sell Him out shortly after the Last Supper. Yet still He takes time to portray the selfless love of foot-washing with His disciples (see John 13:1-30).

Imagine your own response to a Christian brother or sister who is undermining your professional leadership or spreading a falsehood about you. Placing your foundation on the Rock means laying down your life for others despite the cost. It means enduring betrayal with grace and humility, knowing that God is producing fruit in your life. When you call upon the Lord, it is genuine. When your world gets shaken, your roots are firm.

When asked to do God's will, you come through. Where there is hatred, you return love. "The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord; he is their stronghold in time of trouble" (Psalm 37:39).

Insight: "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty." (Psalm 91:1)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 08 Oct 2019, 8:12 pm

Date: October 8, 2019 at 1:11 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Nothing but the Blood

Nothing but the Blood

"But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation." Colossians 1:22

Scripture Focus: Colossians 1

Have you ever asked yourself, "Why can't we all get along?" I have, especially at family gatherings. But I also know that alienation from God and people comes naturally. This is our bent. When we are born, we are facing a barrier that separates us from God.

Our sin builds insurmountable walls between us and God and other people. What Jesus, the Lamb of God, purchased for us on the cross was reconciliation with the Almighty God. If it were not for Christ's blood shed on my behalf, my sin would have made any relationship with God impossible. Reconciliation with God makes it possible for us to replicate reconciliation in our earthly relationships by laying down our lives for others. "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13).

Saving faith is the gift of God! Nothing but Christ's blood could have torn down the barrier of sin and death between people and God. For believers, the next step is to tear down the barrier between us and others and then model the truth of the gospel.

Insight: "For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him." (Colossians 1:19)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 07 Oct 2019, 11:57 pm

Date: October 7, 2019 at 1:39 AM
Topic: +DEV+ His Covenant

His Covenant

"For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant." Hebrews 9:15

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 9

On television I have seen physical hostage situations that look very scary. Thankfully, I have never experienced anything similar. But at times in my own life, I have felt like a spiritual hostage of my own guilt, paralyzed by the feeling that I can never make up for past mistakes and failures.

Although not physically held at gunpoint, this boulder of lies weighs me down, and I imagine that redemption is impossible. Does that sound familiar to you? Jesus, our solid Rock, changes all of this by freeing sinners like you and me from the law through a new covenant of His grace. Christ's often misunderstood grace affirms the impossibility of earning salvation through good deeds.

No amount of good deeds can cover for sinful hearts born separated from our holy God. Redemption can never be the result of human striving. Only faith in the One who died in our place and was resurrected produces victory over sin and death. We have been ransomed! What had been impossible became possible in Christ who purchased us back from certain death.

Insight: "The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." (Mark 10:45)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 03 Oct 2019, 10:32 am

Date: October 3, 2019 at 12:33 AM
Topic: +DEV+ His Oath

His Oath

"The patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne." Acts 2:29-30

Scripture Focus: Acts 2

Before David died, he had complete confidence that one day God would fulfill His promise to designate a king of the Jews who would "not see decay" (Psalm 16:10) and would provide eternal life to believers. God sent His Son Jesus to provide the way to be saved from sin and subsequent "abandonment to the grave" (Acts 2:31).

David even knew, through the counsel and oath of the Lord, that believers would enjoy eternal security and a life filled with pleasures in God's presence (Psalm 16:5-11). Fulfilled prophecy reminds us that God is credible.. He is proven. His love is everlasting. His promise to David was that the Messiah would not see decay, but would be resurrected.

Those who believe that Jesus is the Savior, responding obediently to His call to follow, have assurance of life everlasting. God's children have what David called a "delightful inheritance" –God's presence and counsel, and His refuge, security, pleasant boundaries, and eternal joy. His good oath, backed by His blood, does "support us in the 'whelming flood."

Insight: "The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off-for all whom the Lord our God will call." (Acts 2:39)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 02 Oct 2019, 11:10 pm

Date: October 2, 2019 at 1:25 AM
Topic: +DEV+ My Anchor Holds

My Anchor Holds

"By faith Abraham, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going, For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God." Hebrews 11:8, 10

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 11

As long as my cell phone is operable, I know I can use my GPS to direct me to unknown locations. It is a comfort as long as it is not lost or emptied of its battery power. The day it fails to help me navigate is the day I will understand the cliché "up a creek without a paddle."

Abraham received the call of the Lord to go to an unknown location. He placed his faith in the unfailing Almighty God and started his journey. He talked to God, and God faithfully provided him with direction. God said, "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward" (Genesis 15:1b). This proved to be true. "And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised" (Hebrews 6:15).

We are able to journey with God because our faith has a solid basis: Jesus Christ. He is the unfailing anchor that holds in any event, the navigator who provides us with salvation that cannot be snatched away. With such a strong foundation for our faith, we experience Jesus daily as our rock, our shield, and our very great reward.

Insight: "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.." (Hebrews 6:19)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 01 Oct 2019, 10:03 pm

Date: October 1, 2019 at 12:59 AM
Topic: +DEV+ The High and Stormy Gales

The High and Stormy Gales

"He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm." Luke 8:24

Scripture Focus: Luke 8

Crisis points in raising my children (now adults) always stunned me as a young parent. It seemed I was constantly striving to make the "white picket fence" fantasy real. Gradually, God helped me realize He could be trusted with my children no matter how difficult the storms.

I began to understand how to give up control to Him and exercise faith. Our faith is unexpectedly tested in the roughest of times. Jesus knows how much we will waver between belief and disbelief in the waters of life that seek to drown us. He knows our control-freakishness. He knows how quickly we abandon Him. In Luke 8, the disciples scrambled in fear to awaken Jesus on their stormy boat trip.

The winds and waves threatened them. Jesus had previously directed them to "go to the other side," knowing the storm would happen. Fearing death, the disciples faced a big test of their faith. They easily forgot Who was with them. Yet Jesus showed Himself to be near and responsive to their prayers. In the high and stormy gales of your life too, He is near.

Insight: Don't forget that Jesus has the power to command the winds that blow against your life.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 30 Sep 2019, 10:55 pm

Date: September 30, 2019 at 12:19 AM

Topic: +DEV+  His Unchanging Grace

His Unchanging Grace

"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions-it is by grace you have been saved." Ephesians 2:4-5

Scripture Focus: Ephesians 2

"God's Riches at Christ's Expense." Have you ever heard this acronym for the word "grace"? The near misses in my life-the times I was prevented from getting what I deserved-remind me of this incomparable truth. There were many second chances I received through no effort of my own. 

I recall times when I made foolish decisions in my youth that easily could have led to lifetime disaster. I have always linked these many "safe landings" to God's answers to the dedicated prayers of my Christian parents. Now think about grace in these terms: On the cross, Jesus voluntarily and selflessly stood in your place before a Holy God. He absorbed God's wrath, destroying the hostile barrier between you and Him. 

He established lasting peace, breathed eternal life into you, and secured your privilege to approach the throne of grace with confidence. This kind of grace is hard to wrap our thinking around. By His sheer grace we have been preserved not only in this life, but also we are assured the safest landing ever in the life to come.

Insight: "For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men." (Titus 2:11)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 27 Sep 2019, 9:47 pm

Date: September 27, 2019 at 1:15 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Other Ground is Sinking Sand

My renovation project is just about finished. A little minor clean-up and setting up my desk items. Then a bit of vacuuming to sweep up any left-over mess. It has been a job doing this by myself. I will now try to see my chiropractor to get the kinks out of my back. The office now looks real nice. So it is “back to work” once again!

Other Ground is Sinking Sand

"They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, The Lord is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him." Psalm 92:14-15

Scripture Focus: Psalm 92

Can God still use me to build His kingdom? Are my abilities and talents as functional now in my 60s as they were in my 20s? I think about how in my three.score years, I've learned to distinguish wolves in sheep's clothing from true sheep, pride from selflessness, and unbelief from genuine faith. Growing discernment helps me avoid sinking sands.

My sinking sands of worry have diminished. "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul" (Psalm 94:19). The sinking sand of doubt is less as I recall Hebrews 11:13: "All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance." I can say good.bye to the sinking sand of fear.

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline" (2 Timothy 1:7). Wisdom comes with years walking with Jesus. He gently nourishes our faith so that as we stand on Him, the solid Rock, all other ground is sinking sand.

Insight: "I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service." (1 Timothy 1:12)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 22 Sep 2019, 12:31 am

Date: September 21, 2019 at 12:32 AM
Topic: A Further Note:

NOTE:
My office is undergoing a bit of renovation and I will be “Off-Line” for a few days as I am the only one doing the work. I am slow with it so I won’t hurt so bad. I estimate upwards of 1 week to be out of communications (eMail/Web stuff) But will be back hopefully next Monday Lord willing. So I’ll see you then with a brand new office!

Well, as always the best laid plans of mice and men oft go astray…. I have finished the first section of the office renovation, still have the other two floor sections and then the new desk space, so this is taking a bit longer that anticipated… it may be most of this coming week to finish before I get back to sending my devotionals again. Please bear with me as I am doing this without help and being with a bad back things are thrice as slow as I figured. I apologize for that.
On with the show, I will resume as soon as I can. Hang in there, don’t give up on me just yet.
Lord’s blessings be upon you.

Michael & Anita inman
Pastor Restoration ministry
Rolla, Missouri.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 17 Sep 2019, 10:03 pm

Date: September 16, 2019 at 1:10 AM
Topic: +DEV+ My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less

My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less

"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." Psalm 40:2

Scripture Focus: Psalm 40

My "slimy pit" holds bitterness, grudges that have a death grip on me, or people who constantly disappoint. When I am paralyzed by my own "right to be right," I lose sight of Jesus' finished work on the cross. I forget that He has forgotten the grudge He could have held against me for my lifetime of sin.

Praise God that He daily whispers a new song of forgiveness in my ears and a new song of praise in my heart as I wait patiently for Him to make things healed and whole. By His grace, I throw off the mud of anger and frustration before they take unhealthy root in my life. Through His compassion, I learn to resist the mire of self-pity and pride. He gives me a firm place to stand by freeing me to love people, expecting nothing in return. You can experience this, too.

Entrust your enemies and their plots to God. Leave personal hurts and offenses at the foot of the cross. Go to the Rock that holds your feet steady, and say with the hymn writer that your "hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness."

Insight: "I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry." (Psalm 40:1)

Michael D. Inman

Date: September 16, 2019 at 9:58 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Lean on Jesus' Name

Lean on Jesus' Name

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

Scripture Focus: Acts 4

Four days after the death of her brother Lazarus, Martha heard that Jesus was nearby and went to seek Him out. Though she trusted Him, she couldn't help expressing disappointment that Jesus hadn't come sooner and prevented Lazarus' death. Still she voiced her simple faith in His promise of eternal life in the future.

Jesus reminded her that His resurrection power was a present power. Martha witnessed it! Her faith grew tremendously that day. I suspect yours would too if you beheld the return of a loved one after he or she had died. But even when the trying situation in your life is not turned around, you know the One who did indeed change everything when He Himself rose from the dead at Calvary.

"Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord" (Philippians 2:9-11). When we're tested, Jesus faithfully develops our faith step by step, revealing the power of His name.

Insight: "I dare not trust the sweetest frame,/ but wholly lean on Jesus' name." (Edward Mote, 1834)

NOTE:
My office is undergoing a bit of renovation and I will be “Off-Line” for a few days as I am the only one doing the work. I am slow with it so I won’t hurt so bad. I estimate upwards of 1 week to be out of communications (eMail/Web stuff) But will be back hopefully next Monday Lord willing. So I’ll see you then with a brand new office!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 14 Sep 2019, 10:44 pm

DEV+  The Mundane Matters
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:45 am (PDT) . Posted by:"Michael Inman" n0klu
Date: September 13, 2019 at 1:12 AM
Topic: +DEV+ The Mundane Matters

The Mundane Matters

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 10

As Jesus grew, He came under the tutelage of His father, Joseph, who taught Him his trade. Modern translations often describe it as carpenter. But the Greek word, tekton, has a broader meaning than just "carpenter," often including "artisan, craftsman, builder, architect."

While He lived on this earth, Jesus had to learn to work with His hands and His mind. The mastermind behind the universe, the eternal logos, had to learn mathematics, aesthetics, and the physics behind how this world functions. The Word that created all things out of nothing learned how to take raw materials and create something useful.

Jesus had what we would call a secular job. We know from Jesus that He did only what the Father told Him to do (John 5:19). He was growing in closeness to His father on the job. His ministry was an extension of what He learned through His trade. If you are tempted to believe that your job is not significant, take a second look at Jesus! Everything that He did was infused by His nearness to His heavenly Father.

Insight: Pray today that God would take you under His tutelage and show you how you can work for Him in your occupation.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 13 Sep 2019, 8:07 pm

Date: September 13, 2019 at 1:12 AM

Topic: +DEV+  The Mundane Matters

The Mundane Matters

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."  1 Corinthians 10:31

Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 10

As Jesus grew, He came under the tutelage of His father, Joseph, who taught Him his trade. Modern translations often describe it as carpenter. But the Greek word, tekton, has a broader meaning than just "carpenter," often including "artisan, craftsman, builder, architect." 

While He lived on this earth, Jesus had to learn to work with His hands and His mind. The mastermind behind the universe, the eternal logos, had to learn mathematics, aesthetics, and the physics behind how this world functions. The Word that created all things out of nothing learned how to take raw materials and create something useful. 

Jesus had what we would call a secular job. We know from Jesus that He did only what the Father told Him to do (John 5:19). He was growing in closeness to His father on the job. His ministry was an extension of what He learned through His trade. If you are tempted to believe that your job is not significant, take a second look at Jesus! Everything that He did was infused by His nearness to His heavenly Father.

Insight: Pray today that God would take you under His tutelage and show you how you can work for Him in your occupation.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Sep 2019, 2:02 pm

2+DEV+  A Shepherd for the Journey
Date: September 12, 2019 at 1:16 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A Shepherd for the Journey

A Shepherd for the Journey

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 40

I recall a time I was driving our two daughters home after buying their christian school uniforms from a place I'd never been to before in an unfamiliar town. Without a map I repeatedly took us on several loop-d-loos, exasperated, I began unleashing panic because Mom was not with us to help guide us home.

Not so with God! He calls Himself shepherd in the Old Testament. He gently leads those with young. Shepherds guide, protect, nourish, and correct. Maybe it is not surprising to us, then, that the first recipients of the Christmas news were the shepherds in the fields.

Jesus also said of Himself, "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep" (John 10:11). This is not a trivial statement. He is identifying with the sovereign LORD of the Old Testament, Yahweh Himself. God calls His people "the flock of his pasture" (Psalm 100:3). When we follow Jesus' lead, we are the recipients of His tender care, loving sacrifice, guidance, and at times even of His discipline. We can surely trust Him.

Insight: "Savior, like a shepherd lead us,/ much we need thy tender care;/ in thy pleasant pastures feed us,/ for our use thy folds prepare." (Dorothy Thrupp, 1836)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 11 Sep 2019, 12:30 pm

Date: September 10, 2019 at 1:20 AM

Topic: +DEV+  The Hard In-Between of Exile

The Hard In-Between of Exile

"How can we sing the songs of the LORD while in a foreign land?"  Psalm 137:4

Scripture Focus: Psalm 137

Life in exile is hard! As foreigners, the Israelites were constantly reminded they did not belong. The food tasted different, the language was new, the people and their mores were strange. But worst of all, the worship of the living God seemed to be missing. Experiencing God's presence, however, is not tied to geography. 

In fact, Peter claims New Covenant believers are themselves the stones that make up God's spiritual house (see 1 Peter 2:5). Not only are we at home in Jesus, we become a "home" for others. We are called to declare the praises of God who called us into His marvelous light. The life we lead should be attractive to those around us so that they too glorify God. Still, we're not at home in this world. 

We're but pilgrims on our way to our heavenly home. Getting too comfortable here and now or equating physical places with home in an ultimate kind of way not only dulls our senses, it may even hinder our witness to a watching world. Jesus came on a mission to call people home-home to heaven and home to Him.

Insight: As you decorate your house for Christmas, think about what it means to be God's spiritual house. How could you be "home" for someone today?

Michael D. Inman

Date: September 11, 2019 at 1:16 AM
Topic:

Suffering In-Between

"I know that you can do all things,. You asked, 'Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?' Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know."  Job 42:2-3

Scripture Focus: Job 42

The book of Job opens with a scene in God's heavenly courtroom. Satan enters, demanding permission to test Job, and God agrees with one condition: that Job's life be spared. Of course, Job is unaware of the conversation that transpired in the heavenlies.

He only experiences this terrible new reality of suffering which Satan is sure will get him to renounce God. Suffering, in Job's case, was not a punishment for being evil. On the contrary, God loved him so much that He allowed the testing of his faith to prove Job's ultimate allegiance. Jesus, God's beloved Son, came from the heavenly counsel into the world to subject Himself to God's greatest test ever.

From the moment Jesus was born, He was immersed in a world full of suffering. He bore the brunt of it in His body at His crucifixion. Though abandoned and in anguish, He forgave others. And He entrusted His soul to God. Punished, hanging between heaven and hell, He refused to save Himself in order that He might redeem the meaning of suffering once and for all.

Insight: How does this heavenly perspective help you endure your greatest suffering today, clinging to Jesus in faith and hope? Praise him for going ahead of you!

Michael D. Inman

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 09 Sep 2019, 11:57 pm

Date: September 9, 2019 at 1:13 AM
Topic: +DEV+ God Dwells in a Temporary House

God Dwells in a Temporary House

"Then I will dwell among the Israelites and be their God. They will know that I am the LORD their God, who brought them out of Egypt so that I might dwell among them." Exodus 29:45-46

Scripture Focus: Exodus 29

A friend showed me a photo of the sheet partitions in her room at the refugee home. Two other families had moved in with them, and this was the only way to get privacy. "But we still hear and smell everything. Living together is difficult. I can't wait to have my own apartment!" This is a reality for many refugees worldwide.

Similarly, the Israelites lived in makeshift tents in the desert as they traveled to the Promised Land. Isn't it amazing that God would voluntarily live in a portable tent too, just to be near His nomadic people? God identified with them as they experienced transition, uncertainty, instability, and a longing for home.

When Jesus came, John described it like this: "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling [literally, "tabernacled"] among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth" (John 1:14). As we await Jesus' humble arrival this season, remember why He came: to draw close to His people in love and bring them home.

Insight: Meditate on how Jesus' presence with you changes how you go through transitions, especially the difficult ones.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next