World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyToday at 5:45 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:38 pm by Admin

» AISH
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:55 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:37 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:30 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:24 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 11:03 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 10:48 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 10:46 pm by Admin

» Woke Kindergarten?
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 10:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 10:12 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 8:57 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 6:52 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 11:35 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:37 pm by Admin

» The Holocaust and Faith
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:26 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:52 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 Empty Re: Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby

Post  Admin Sun 21 Nov 2010, 2:34 pm

Christ Centered Devotion - Devotion 11/21/2010
Let's Live A Life Of Praise Unto The Lord
Psa 135:1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the name of the LORD; praise him, O ye servants of the LORD.
2 Th 3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
Verses - KJV
Prov 6:9-11 How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep? Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.
My Thoughts and Comments
I wonder, how many are expecting God to bless them but are doing nothing for Him to bless? Could this be why many are living in poverty?
I have observed over the years that the one who works the hardest is the one who gets blessed the most! We are not talking about salvation here, we are talking about working for the necessities of life. Many in the churches of today have a welfare mentality. Some claim to be living by faith, when in reality they are sponging off their working brothers or sisters!
God doesn't bless lazy people. We are not talking about people who can not work. We are talking about those who can but will not. Saints, we should not encourage lazy folks to stay lazy. When they get hungry enough they will go to work!
Psa 1:1-3 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
Notice, God will prosper what we do. If we do nothing and He prospers it 100 times - how much will we have? Of course the answer is nothing! Beloved, we must do something for Him to bless. Anyone who becomes a doer of all God says will be blessed. Those who do not will not be blessed.
Being blessed is a choice we make. Deu 11:26 Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;. The Word of God tells us what He will bless and what He will not bless. He sets before us blessings and a curse. Blessing if we do what He says. A curse if we don't. Beloved, the choice is ours to make!
God worked six days and rested on the seventh. That is a pattern for all to follow. Many call on God to help them when they get down but are not faithful when they are up. They seldom pray, don't pay their tithes, don't attend church; yet they still expect Him to bless them! Take another look at Psalms chapter one. The one who is doing that will be blessed.
Some go from church to church and say how they need money for food, clothing, etc. They go to every revival they hear of and ask for help. Many of these, when checked up on, are in that condition because they will not work. They want others to work and give to them. Sad, but America is doing this to the working people! They want to take from those who have and give to those who won't work! The Word of God says if they won't work don't feed them. Meditate on it!
Prayer
Lord God, thank You for the ability to work and a place to work. Thank You for blessing all we do. We ask, believe we receive and give thanks in Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.

Please Pray For America and for your country according to 2 Chr. 7:14
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby - Page 2 Empty Re: Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby

Post  Admin Sat 20 Nov 2010, 1:34 pm

Devotion 11/20/2010
Psa 117:2 For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD.
1 Cor 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
Verses - KJV
Prov 5:15-18 Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well. Let thy fountains be dispersed abroad, and rivers of waters in the streets. Let them be only thine own, and not strangers' with thee. Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.
My Thoughts and Comments
Is there physical fornication as well as spiritual fornication? Are these verses speaking to those outside the church or to those in the church as well?
These verses are written to everyone - Christian and sinner alike. Sad, but many churches of today are full of fornication and adultery. Part of the reason is that most Teachers/Preachers don't teach against it! Sin and it's payday are not mentioned. The message they teach is that all we need do is get a positive attitude and we will be blessed, no matter what we do! Beloved, that is not what the Bible says!
Oh, that the children of men would wake up to the Word of God! How many homes and lives have been ruined because someone failed to do this? Our wife or husband is the only one God approves of us having sex with. All sex outside of marriage is sin against our own body. Why would anyone, in their right mind, sin against themselves? The wife and I have been married for sixty one years. God has blessed us because we became doers of His Word. He will do the same for anyone. Oh Lord, lead us in the paths of righteousness, for thy names sake.
There is spiritual fornication as well as physical fornication. The Word of God is called seed. It follows the word of the devil is seed as well. Our words are seed as well. All will become pregnant with the Word of God or the word of satan or the word of flesh! The fruit of our lives show what seed is working in us! The Word of God produces Christ in us the hope of glory. All other words produces death.
To receive any word into our life except the Word of God is spiritual fornication! This is why it is of utmost importance that we know the Word of God and become doers of it. How important is it that we abstain from adultery and fornication? Let's let the Word of God answer that.
Gal 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
Notice, adultery and fornication is mentioned first! The penalty, for those who do this and don't repent and get it out of their lives, is that they will not inherit the kingdom of God! Meditate on it!
Prayer
Father God, thank You for Your Word - by it we enter into places that bring abundant life to us. Give us grace to resist the temptations put before us. Give us grace to never do anything that brings reproach to Your Name or Church. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in Jesus name, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 18 Nov 2010, 1:38 pm

Christ Centered
Devotion 11/18/2010
Psa 117:1 O Praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him,
all ye people.

Mat 5:14-16 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is
set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a
candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick;
and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let
your light so shine before men, that they may see your good
works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Verses - KJV
Prov 4:18-19 But the path of the just is as the shining
light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. The
way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they
stumble.
My Thoughts and Comments
If we are in Jesus - why do we try to become light when we
have already been made light? Is that just an excuse for
not doing what we know we should be doing? Are we growing
more and more in Jesus or have we stopped growing?

Beloved, we didn't make ourselves light. God made us light
to the world, not just the church, as we abide in Jesus
Christ. He is the Light and He is in us! No need to
stumble in the dark when the path is well lighted.

The life we live, can it be examined in the light of the
Word of God and be found true? We are not to be stumbling
around in the dark like those who are living wicked lives
outside of Christ. Darkness and light can not exist
together.

What is walking in the light? Those who have Christ in
them and are walking in the truth of His commandments. We
should be growing in light more and more unto the perfect
day. Are you light or darkness? If you are light others have a
right to examine you and see if you are for real. Like the
sun, we are commanded to shine every day!

A few years ago I was going through a time when I was
feeling very down. I was having a pity party! I was
thinking why do others think I should always be up and never
down? Why do they always come wanting me to lift them up
when I need to be lifted up myself? During this the Lord
spoke to me, He said "They have every right to come
expecting you to help them. I have made you like a city set on a
hill. Your light should always be shining to help others find the
way. I, in you, am that light!"

I repented and asked the Lord to forgive me! I was
depending on my ability instead of His. One who has Christ
in them has no reason to be having a pity party! We are to let
our light shine in the darkness of this world.

How do we let it shine? By our good works! We are known by
the fruit of our lives. Fruit and works are one and the
same! Jesus said to the seven churches in Revelations that
he knew them by their works! Again works, by them selves, will
not save anyone. A salvation that doesn't produce works is
not a true salvation in Jesus Christ!

Beloved, we must come to the place that we know that it is
by Christ and Him alone that we live and have our very
being. He is our Saviour, our Lord and soon coming King! He
is our holiness, our righteousness, our very life! In and by Him
we can do all things He commands. It's not us that lives
but rather Him in us that lives. Praise the Lord forever
and ever! The next time you feel the least bit down
remember that.

Now that we know that - let's live accordingly. Those who
are lost need to see His light. Those weak in the Lord
need to see and hear that. Let you light shine. Together
we can light the world. Meditate on it!

Prayer
Father God, help us to stop making excuses for why we
don't do what Your Word says. You have made us light. Give us
grace and understanding to walk accordingly. We ask,
believe we receive, and give thanks in Jesus name, Amen.

Please Pray For America and For Your Country; According to
2 Chr. 7:14
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 16 Nov 2010, 5:50 pm

Christ Centered Devotion - Devotion 11/16/2010

Psa 119:171 My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes.

Heb 12:6-7 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Verses - KJV
Prov 3:11-13 My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction: For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth. Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

My Thoughts and Comments
In view of these verses why do most Preachers/Teachers not warn the hearers of what sin will do in any life? Do we know that sin, if not repented of, will still bring death to the one who sins?

James 1:14-16 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. Do not err, my beloved brethren.

This tells us very clearly that sin, not repented of, will cause death. Notice, it doesn't bring death at the beginning but rather when finished. Beloved, it's like a sickness - if it is taken care of it will heal but; if not it will kill you! How do we take care of sin? Repent and be cleansed by the blood of the Lamb of God. The Lamb takes away the sin of the world! Anything taken away from us - why would we go back and get it again!

Some believe that if the Lord doesn't hit them it's all right with Him if they sin! I've heard some say that because the Lord didn't prevent them from sinning it was all right with Him! Beloved, that is a total error that the devil has given them! The devil twisted the Word of God and deceived Eve, and Adam with her, to sin. When they did they died! Just like God told them.

God has always chastised His own when they strayed from His Word. First He sent them men who warned them to repent and return to God's way. He did this for a long while but finally if they refused to hear the Word of God he gave them as slaves to a nation that hated them!

We are living in a generation that doesn't like correction. This is not just in the world, but has gotten into the church as well. Chasten means (to train up a child, i.e. educate, or (by impl.) discipline (by punishment): --chasten (-ise), instruct, learn, teach.) Scourgeth means (to flog (lit. or fig.):--scourge. ) Do we understand the Lord doesn't do this because He hates us but rather because He loves us?

Prov 22:15 Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him. Prov 23:13-14 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

Any parent that loves their children will discipline them when they need it. Many has listened to someone other than God and didn't discipline their children. Could that be the reason there are so many children living in rebellion to every thing, always in trouble?

Teaching, correction is part of the requirements of a teacher or minister of the gospel. If we are letting the Holy Spirit direct what we teach it will include correction. Notice, every son receives scourging, not just some! Thank God He loves us enough to correct us and not let us get away with ungodly living! I wonder how many times we have rebuked the devil when it was God correcting us!!!

Jesus came that we might have life and that more abundantly. Sin brings us death. God chastises us so we can have life! Meditate on it!

Prayer
Lord God, thank You for loving us enough to correct us when we are wrong. We desire, with our whole heart, to be treated as Your children. May correction always come through one who loves You and us, not one who hates us. We ask, believe we receive and give thanks in Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 15 Nov 2010, 12:55 pm

Christ Centered
Devotion 11/15/2010
Psa 115:18 But we will bless the LORD from this time
forth and for evermore. Praise the LORD.
Luke 11:42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint
and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment
and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not
to leave the other undone.
Verses - KJV
Prov 3:9-10 Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with
the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns
be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new
wine.
My Thoughts and Comments
Do we truly believe the Lord is our source for everything
we need? Are we honoring the Lord with the first of our
increase not only materially but in everything?
We must honor the Lord with the firstfruits of all our
increase not with what is left over after we take what we
want! When we write out our checks to pay our bills the first
check should be our tithe (10%).
Also each day is an increase in our life. Don't forget to
give the Lord His time with us each day! Never get so busy
you fail to spend time with the Lord. He is our strength
and ability - our very life. Many ministries get "burn out"
because they fail to do this. They are so busy doing good
works they just talk with the Lord on the run from one
place to another! For this reason some have lost the
anointing of the Holy Spirit in their ministry!
Beloved, it is not that the Lord needs our time or our
money. He owns everything. It all belongs to Him. When we
don't give of our time we rob Him of the opportunity to
anoint us to work with Him instead of for Him. Working for Him
we do what we desire and ask Him to bless that. Working
with Him we do what He does and He confirms His word!
When we fail to pay our tithes we rob Him of the
opportunity to bless what is left over. He desires to
supply our every need but we must put Him first in our giving
so He can! If we don't give of the first of our increase how can
we truthfully say He is first in all our life?
Mal 3:8-12 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But
ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and
offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me,
even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the
storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and
prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will
not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing,
that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will
rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not
destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine
cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the
LORD of hosts. And all nations shall call you blessed: for
ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.
This is God's promise to all who will be faithful in their
giving. He asks us to prove Him in this. Do we desire the
Lord to bless us in all we do? Then it follows we must do what He
says so He can bless us. This includes the principle of
sowing and reaping. Don't sow and expect the increase to
come immediately. Be patient and wait for the harvest.
Keep on sowing what you desire to reap and you will reap
in due season!
Are we a giving people or do we just desire to get? God
blesses us according to our giving. This includes not just
financial but spiritual blessings as well. As we minister to
others, He ministers to us. As we give, He gives us more
to give. Are your barns full and your vessel bursting out
with new wine? Have you been giving the first fruits of
all your increase? Meditate on it!
Prayer
Lord God, help us to search ourselves and see if we are
giving as Your Word teaches. Use us as vessels to minister
through. Bless us so we may bless others, in Your name. We
ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in Jesus name,
Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 14 Nov 2010, 3:21 pm

Christ Centered
Devotion 11/14/2010
Psa 145:21 My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let
all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.
Fear of God can deliver us from the fear of man and satan.
Verses - KJV
Prov 3:6-8 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall
direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the
LORD, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy
navel, and marrow to thy bones. Prov 8:13 The fear of the LORD is
to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and
the froward mouth, do I hate.
My Thoughts and Comments
Does our relationship with the Lord cause us to depart
from all evil? Are we more concerned with what the Lord
thinks of us than what people think of us? Do we truly
believe that obedience will cause us to have health and strong
bones?
One of the ways to acknowledge the Lord is becoming a doer
of all He says. Read His Word and find out what He says,
then live it. Fear of the Lord will cause us to depart
from every evil way. Fear is the beginning of true wisdom
in God. The god some serve is so small he can be conned
into doing anything for them. The God of the Bible is so
great He could blow everything off the face of the earth, with
one breath or word, and start over again, if He chose to.
When we truly have a reverent fear of the Lord we will
lose all other fear. The Lord and I can handle anything that
comes my way. He is Lord and in full control of our life,
if we will allow it by being obedient. Doing what the Lord
says and departing from evil will bring spiritual as well
as physical health to us.
2 Cor 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew
no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in
him. 1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we
may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he
is, so are we in this world. 1 John 2:6 He that saith he
abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he
walked.
So many read the Word of God and see His commandments as
impossible for us to live. They think this even though
they have repented and received Christ as Saviour and Lord. Then
they set about trying to be more righteous by doing more
and more good works. Then they are up and down, in and
out! They do good all day and come boldly to the Lord
thinking that will be pleasing to Him!
All this is good but not what pleases the Lord! What He is
pleased with is faith in Him - not faith in our works! If we
aren't careful we will be trying to earn salvation by our works
instead of by faith in Jesus Christ!
The serpent tricked Adam and Eve by telling them if they
ate of the forbidden tree they would become like God. The truth
of the matter was that they were already like God. They
were created in His image and likeness!
If by our abilities we could live the commandments of God;
Jesus didn't need to die! We are not saved by works but
rather for works. Some think that by their good deeds they will
make it to heaven. Satan has them fooled! Jesus is The
Way, The Truth and The Life!
Beloved, if we are in Christ and Him in us; we too are
like Him! We have been made new. As He is so are we. We don't
need try to become like Him - we already are. All we need
do is confess we believe it and live accordingly. As Paul
said it is not us that lives but Christ in us. Col 2:10 -
Tells us that we are complete in Jesus Christ. Don't try
to complete what He has already completed! Meditate on it!
Prayer
Holy Father, forgive us for thinking we can not live
according to Your Word. With Christ in us we can do all
things. Help us to get the focus on Christ and His ability
and not ours. We ask, believe we receive, and give
thanks in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 13 Nov 2010, 5:20 pm

Christ Centered Devotion - Devotion 11/13/2010
Psa 119:164 Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments.
If we love Christ much, surely we shall trust him much. THOMAS BENTON BROOKS (1608–1680)
Verses - KJV
Prov 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
My Thoughts and Comments
Can we honestly say we trust the Lord with all our heart? When we are faced with a problem that must have an answer - do we look in the Word of God for the answer? Does our words and actions show if we trust in the Lord or not?
I find that words come easily but putting them into action requires diligent commitment to do the will of God. At times I think I know just what to do but later find I didn't do it God's way. I was leaning on my own understanding! When this happens, repentance and a change of heart is in order.
We must learn to acknowledge we need the Lord to direct our path all the time, not just sometimes. Trust is more than quoting a phrase, it includes becoming a doer of all God says. How can we say we trust Him if we don't?
Trust - The trait of believing in the honesty and reliability of others. If we trust in the Lord, believe in His honesty and reliability, the only way we can demonstrate our trust is to show it by our living His way!
To truly trust in the Lord we must give up our human reasoning. If we try to figure it out by natural thinking we will end up doing our way instead of His! Our human understanding is not God's way. His ways are much higher than ours. We must learn to acknowledge we must have His direction in all we do.
We do this by prayerfully studying the Word of God. In important decisions wait on the Lord to direct you. Don't rush into something without His direction. If you get advice from someone be sure to check it out with the Word of God. Good advice never contradicts the Word of God!
Several years ago we regularly heard a song that included the words "Trust and obey for there is no other way". Beloved, that is so very true. Trust and obedience go together like peanut butter and jelly!
Some claim to trust in the Lord but when things go contrary to the way they thought it would they get all upset and don't trust the Lord it will work together for their good. We need to be like Job who said this as things were going in the wrong way in his life.
Job 13:15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.
In the midst of a storm that sorely tests our faith let's have that kind of mind set. I will continue to keep on doing things the way the Lord directs and let Him be in control of what happens in my life! This is what Paul and Silas did when they were put in jail!
As we, in trust, commit our way unto the Lord, He will direct our path. Walking in the light of His truth we will never stumble. No storm will break us down and defeat us, because we are building on the solid rock of obedience. Meditate on it!
Prayer
Lord God, help us to understand what trust really is. Search our heart and show us if we are truly trusting You in all things and showing it by being obedient. We ask, believe we receive and give thanks in Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 12 Nov 2010, 3:15 pm

Psa 113:9 He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD.

God's commands are made to the life of his Son in us, not to our human nature; consequently all that God tells us to do is always humanly difficult; but it becomes divinely easy immediately we obey because our obedience has behind it all the omnipotent power of the grace of God. OSWALD CHAMBERS (1874–1917)

Verses - KJV
Prov 3:1-4 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee. Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.

My Thoughts and Comments
Are we trying to live the Christian life in our own ability? Do we struggle to keep the commandments of our Lord? Are we living to please someone or God?

Could it be that the reason so many think they can not live without sinning every day be because they don't have Christ in them? It is possible to be a preacher and not have Christ in them. Saying a prayer you quoted after someone, being baptized in water, and joining a church doesn't necessarily make one a Christian!

Until a person sees themselves a sinner on their way to hell they will not truly repent asking the Lord to cleanse them and live in them. Sad, but this is not being taught in a vast majority of the churches of this day. Because of this you can't tell those who claim to be a Christian from those who are not! If a person hasn't changed, Christ is not in them.

As I was growing up many of the boys and girls around me did more sin than I did. Almost all of them claimed to be Christians. I wanted to be like them and wished I was raised like they were! Their church didn't teach against sin, ours did! As I grew older I begin to see and understand I did not want their brand of Christianity! I wanted the real thing - not a substitute. Why would the world desire what we have if we live just like them?

After I met my wife I sort of repented, joined a church and was baptized and tried real hard to live like the Bible said. This lasted for a while but I soon went back to being more of a sinner than I was before! I found I could not live it. I quit going to church because I didn't want to be a hypocrite!

I didn't know it then but one without the Spirit of the Lord in them can't live the commandments of the Lord. Much later, the last day of January 1970, I came under Holy Spirit conviction. Then I got on my knees before the Lord and asked Him to forgive me for the way I had lived and come live in me. Then I found He could live the Word of God through me. He is the Word of God made flesh.

It's not us that live; but Christ in us that lives! Beloved, it's Christ in us the hope of glory - not Christ in heaven! Many believe on Him - few believe in Him!

Proverbs tells us how to find favor and good understanding with God and man. It requires diligent effort on our part. God will supply all it takes to be doers of His commandments. Notice the blessing of length of days, long life and peace are dependent on us keeping His commandments. The Word of God is not suggestions - or - it would be better if we did, but are commandments from the Commander and Chief.

As Paul says, it's not us that lives but Christ in us. Are we letting Christ live or doing it our way? If Jesus is to be Lord of our life we must become doers of all He says. True love is demonstrated by the action it produces. Meditate on it!

Prayer
Father God, help us to not just quote verses but to be sincere doers of Your Word. You demonstrated Your love for us by what You did. Help us to do the same. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in Jesus name, Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 11 Nov 2010, 3:31 pm

Christ Centered
Devotion 11/11/2010
Psa 145:10 All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and
thy saints shall bless thee.

Exo 23:7 Keep thee far from a false matter; and the innocent and
righteous slay thou not: for I will not justify the
wicked.

Verses - KJV
Prov 2:21-22 For the upright shall dwell in the land, and
the perfect shall remain in it. But the wicked shall be
cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be
rooted out of it.

My Thoughts and Comments
Can we see from these verses that it describes many of us
before we repented and received Christ as Saviour and
Lord? Do we understand that is why we must have Christ in us?

Christ only lives in those who have repented of all past
sin. Most of us were like me, I had so much sin in my life
I couldn't begin to name them all! I just asked Him to forgive me
for the way I had lived and come live in me. I promised if
He would and show me what He wanted and give me His
ability to live it; I would! He did and for the first time
in my life I had an inner peace. Still have it! Praise the
Lord!

I had a great hunger to know the Word of God for myself.
The Lord showed me I needed to be full of the Holy Ghost.
I asked Him to empty me of every thing that was not from Him so I
could be filled. I wanted the same thing that happened to
those in the upper room and the others in the book of
Acts. Soon I received with the evidence they had! He
enhanced the desire to know the Word of God.

In one year I read the Bible completely; pausing to read
and reread passages until I understood it. Praying for the
understanding. Asking the Lord to plant it in my heart so I would
never forget it. I also took the equivalent of three years
of Bible teaching in less than a year. I wanted to know
the Lord - not just know about Him!

I would set up past midnight weeping, telling the Lord I
didn't see how it all fit together. Many times I saw
things I needed to get out of my life! As I kept praying and
studying; I begin see how the Word of God makes one big
picture and how it all fit together. It doesn't contradict
itself.

Don't misunderstand I am not saying I have learned it all.
The more I understand the more I see I don't know! As I
studied, I still do, I asked according to these verses. Mat 7:7-8
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find;
knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that
asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that
knocketh it shall be opened. Beloved, it worked for me and it
will for You.

Later I realized the Lord was preparing me not only to
know His Word for my benefit - but to be a teacher as well. At
first I said no way will I teach! I knew I was not a teacher.
When I stood up my mind sat down! The first time I tried
to teach I had a lesson prepared that I thought would last
maybe an hour. When I stood up to teach I read the notes I
had made and had nothing else to say! I made up my mind I
would never try that again!

The Lord persisted and I said to Him, I tried but failed
and I will not try again unless You fill my mind and mouth
with what You want said. When I stand up if You don't I will set
down and quit. I am not a teacher but Your Spirit within me is.
May I just be a vessel You minister though. Since then I
always have something to say. Praise the Lord!

I didn't intend to say all this when I started. I trust
someone who reads this needed to hear it - may it minister
to You according to your need. Meditate on it!

Prayer
Holy Father, help us to understand who we are in Christ.
Open our understanding to what You say we are. May we stop
listening to those who pervert the Gospel. We don't want a form
of the Gospel but rather the Gospel that has power and
authority to deliver and set free. We ask, believe
we receive, and give thanks in the name of Jesus Christ,
Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 10 Nov 2010, 3:33 pm

Christ Centered Devotion - Devotion 11/10/2010
Psa 119:7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
2 Cor 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshly tables of the heart.
Verses - KJV
Prov 2:1-6 My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God. For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
My Thoughts and Comments
Do we understand that while we are not under the law to make sacrifices of animals for sin, the ten commandments and other commandments of "thou shall and shall not" have not been done away with? Does God still expect His children to live holy godly lives of obedience in Jesus Christ?
Mat 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
What caused the Lord to say this to those who heard Him? How could one who called Jesus Lord and did many wonderful works in His name not know Him as Saviour and Lord? Why would He tell them He never knew them? Why would He say they were workers of iniquity? Let's let the Scriptures answer those questions!
Mat 7:24-27 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
When we see the word "therefore" we must see what it is therefore! In this case it is there to explain what He said in verses 21 through 23. Beloved, it is of no use for anyone to call Jesus Lord and not be a doer of all He said. Not only do they not become doers themselves but they fail to tell others to become doers of His word as well! That makes them workers of iniquity! They were using the name of Jesus without the right to do so. Only those who are of Him has that right. They knew about Jesus but didn't know Him as Saviour and Lord! We don't become doers of His Word to become a Christian. We become a doer because we are a Christian!
Those who become doers of what Jesus taught are building on the solid rock foundation. No storm will cause that to fall! Those who do not; the storm will cause them a great fall! We have seen it happen to many in this generation.
Beloved, let's choose obedience so we bring glory and honor unto our Lord. In doing so we will reap everlasting life. Meditate on it!
Prayer
Lord God, grant us a great hunger and thirst for continual fellowship with You. Help us to take Your yoke upon us and learn of You. Help us to lay aside everything that doesn't please and honor You. We ask, believe we receive and give thanks in Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.
------------
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 09 Nov 2010, 10:35 pm

Psa 113:1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise, O ye servants
of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD.
1 Pet 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin
at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what
shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
Verses - KJV
Prov 1:31-33 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of
their own way, and be filled with their own devices. For the
turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of
fools shall destroy them. But whoso hearkeneth unto me
shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of
evil.
My Thoughts and Comments
Are we sowing what we desire to reap? In looking back over
our life can we see that much of what happened to us is because
of something we did or didn't do? Do we take inventory of our own
life to see if we are doers of the Word of God or not?
When we do can we see room for improvement?
Gal 6:7-8 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for
whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he
that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap
corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit
reap life everlasting.
When we sow the works of the flesh in our life all we can
expect to reap is corruption. If we will sow to the Spirit
we will reap everlasting life. The Word of God is Spirit.
As we live the Word of God we are sowing to the Spirit.
We will all reap what we sow. If we become doers of all
the Lord says, we can expect to reap the blessing of being
obedient. This includes everlasting life! If we become
disobedient we can expect to reap the consequences of
that.
Material prosperity has caused many of God's children to
be destroyed. When we let anything or anyone come between
us and the Lord, we are in deep trouble. Turning away from
doing what the Lord says will slay us. All the
commandments are for our benefit, not for the Lord's. He desires
to bless and prosper us. It can only happen as we trust
and obey. Are you sowing what you desire to reap?
Luke 11:24-26 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a
man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and
finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence
I came out. And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and
garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits
more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell
there: and the last state of that man is worse than the
first.
If we repent asking The Lord to forgive us of all the sins
we have committed He will. But that is not the end of our
commitment to Him - it is just the beginning! We were
filled with sin and rebellion to the truth of the Word of
God. Now being emptied of that we are clean, swept and garnished.
That empty place must be filled or the old spirit will
come back and we will be worse than before!
The question becomes - what are we going to fill the empty
place with to avoid that happening to us? Be filled with
the Spirit of the Lord. That Spirit is obedient to the
Father in everything! Have you been filled with the Spirit
of God since you believed? Meditate on it!
Prayer
Lord God, help us to get it settled once and for all in
our heart that we will be obedient to all You say. We understand
that all You command us to do is so You can give us life
and that more abundant. We love You and desire to show it,
not just by words, but by our obedience. We ask, believe
we receive, and give thanks in Jesus name, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 08 Nov 2010, 1:26 pm

Christ Centered
Devotion 11/08/2010
Psa 145:4 One generation shall praise thy works to
another, and shall declare thy mighty acts.

Prov 14:34 Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a
reproach to any people.

Verses - KJV
Prov 1:24-30 Because I have called, and ye refused; I
have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye
have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my
reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock
when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and
your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and
anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but
I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they
shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did
not choose the fear of the LORD: They would none of my counsel:
they despised all my reproof.

My Thoughts and Comments
Can we see from these verses that God will not always put
up with unbelief and rejection of His Word? Is He saying that
If we refuse to hear Him - He will refuse to hear us? Will He
turn these over to a reprobate mind that will believe a
lie and be damned?

God is the same yesterday, to day and for ever. What He
disliked in the Old Testament He is still against. Sin is still a
reproach to any people. Many, all over the world, are being
taught that sin is all right because we are all
sinners.

These make no difference between God's children and those
of the devil. We must listen to what God says about it. He
reproves us so we will repent and turn whole heartily to Him for
deliverance and salvation. Read the above scriptures again and
see what happens to a people who refuse reproof. When we
get in serious trouble do we want the Lord to refuse to
listen to us? I think not! Let's learn to walk in the
truth of the Word of God so He will delight in us.

John 5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and
said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest
a worse thing come unto thee. John 8:11 She said, No man, Lord.
And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go,
and sin no more.

If these two could not help but sin every day, why would
Jesus tell them to sin no more? If it was impossible to
quit sin - Jesus condemned them! He didn't come to
condemn; He came to set free from sin! We can become servants of
sin unto death or servants of righteousness unto everlasting
life. The choice is ours!

Reread Prov 1:24-30 above. Notice, what will happen to
those who refuse to regard reproof, refusing to heed His
words. God will laugh at them when they are in trouble.
They may ask for His help but He will mock and laugh at them!
They may seek Him early but they will not find Him. They refused
to listen to Him now He refuses to listen to them!

John 15:5-7 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that
abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much
fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in
me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men
gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are
burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye
shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

As we abide in the Vine all our life comes through the
Vine. He is our strength and ability. He is our
righteousness, our holiness, our life. Life flowing from
the Vine has no sin in it! As we abide - it is Him that lives not
us! If we abide in the Vine and His words abide, alive in
us, then we can ask, be heard and receive what we ask for.
Beloved, we must understand that God can not help us if we
don't become doers of His Word.

Abiding is much more than making a profession of faith. It
is the way of life to those who have committed to the
Lord. These have come out from the world into a living
daily relationship with Jesus Christ. Meditate on it!

Prayer
Holy Father, give us ears to hear what Your Spirit is
saying to us. Cleanse us of all unrighteousness and may we
walk in the true righteousness that is of You. We ask,
believe we receive, and give thanks in the name of Jesus
Christ, Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 05 Nov 2010, 5:47 pm

Devotion 11/05/2010
Psa 145:2 Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise
thy name for ever and ever.
He who does not praise God while here on earth shall in
eternity be dumb. JAN VAN RUYSBROECK (1293�1381
Verses - KJV
Psa 150:1-6 Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his
sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to
his excellent greatness. Praise him with the sound of the
trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. Praise him with
the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed
instruments and organs. Praise him upon the loud cymbals:
praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
My Thoughts and Comments
Does this take place in the church you attend? Is there
praise in songs along with music of all kinds going on
unto the Lord? Are there some dancing in the Spirit?
Read these verses above and reread them again and again.
This is part of what being in a church congregation should
be like. We should come together to worship and praise the
Lord. (Of course it can and should be individually, as
well, in fact when it is done correctly in a group it is still a
group of individuals! )
Those who desire church to be quiet need to re-examine the
Word of God. I realize there is a time to be quiet but
there is also a time to raise your voice, your hands and
let your praises be heard. Have you danced before the Lord
and made loud music unto Him?
I have been in services where the people were loud and
singing to the top of their voices. The music was loud and
going on and on. Some danced in the Spirit each praising
the Lord in their own way. At times there was no
preaching, just a praise and worship time! Some being refilled
with the Holy Spirit. Some in the altar praying.
I have been in other services where the Holy Spirit begin
to move on the congregation in a quit way. Many were
weeping, no loud praises, no loud singing, no dancing in
the Spirit. Just a group listening to the Spirit of God.
Many went to the altar before the call was given. The Holy Ghost
made the call! Some went to others in the congregation and
asked for forgiveness for something they had said or
done.
We dare not try to put the Holy Spirit in a box thinking
He can only work one way. When He is in control everything
will be in perfect order. He knows just what we need. He
knows how to encourage the discouraged, to strengthen the
weak, to convict for sin.
What causes this kind of freedom of the Spirit of God? A
group of people who desire it with their whole heart. They
continually pray for His liberty to be done. They are not
content for a three song, short message and go home
service! They pray, fast and seek the face of God until a Holy
Ghost inspired awaking takes place continually. They are
excited to come to the house of the Lord knowing that
something great will happen!
When there is a natural fire a great crowd will always
gather. When a Spiritual fire is in a church it will
gather a crowd as well. I truly believe many saints are
hungry for it to happen in their church. Why don't you let
it begin with you? Meditate on it!
Prayer
Holy Father, help us to quit judging others in the way
they worship and be sure our hearts and motives are right.
Search our hearts and show us if we are singing, praising,
worshiping for those around us to see or if we are
magnifying You and You alone. Help us to lose our pride and
worship in Spirit and in truth. We ask, believe we
receive, and give thanks in the name of Jesus Christ,
Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 04 Nov 2010, 10:27 pm

Devotion 11/04/2010
Psa 118:21 I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.
The wicked shun the light as the devil shuns the cross. DUTCH PROVERB

Verses - KJV
Psa 145:18-20 The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them. The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.
My Thoughts and Comments
Do we fear the Lord and show it by the way we live? When we pray are we calling on the Lord with the truth of His Word?
Notice, "He will fulfil the desire of them that fear Him". Could this be one of the reasons that some don't receive what they ask for? Do they fear displeasing God more than they fear displeasing anything or anyone else? Could this also be one of the reasons many don't have the bible evidence they are born again? Maybe they haven't heard that God saves those who fear Him but will destroy those who will not repent and believe in Jesus Christ, unto the saving of their soul.
I have been in services where the Evangelist preached hell so hot you could feel the flames! Sinners would run from the service or run to the altar and repent. Many could not wait for the altar call they would run to the altar before it ended. One Evangelist preached one message ever where He preached, "Sinners in the hands of an angry God". Multiplied thousands were saved. God gave the increase!
Why are many afraid to preach that kind of message today? Could it be because they have not repented themselves? Could this be why we have so much of the world in the churches in this generation? Sinners teaching sinners!
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Godly wisdom. Fear of the Lord is the first basis of salvation. Real repentance takes place after one becomes afraid of what will happen to them if they don't! Prov 16:6 By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.
Sad, but many who claim to be Christians have never repented - they just added Christ to what they were before! That is not Bible evidence of one who is in Christ. Here is the Bible evidence - 2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
When we call upon the Lord in truth He is nigh unto us and will fulfil the desire we have. He will cleanse us and preserve us always. What a Saviour! Notice, to be preserved we must love Him. After having Christ in us now we are to serve Him because we love Him! What does He require of those who love Him? Glad you asked!
John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. 1 John 2:3-6 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

The wicked doesn't have this assurance of being preserved. While God has great patience not desiring that any should be destroyed He will, one day, destroy those who reject His salvation offered in Jesus Christ. While God is love only those who are preserved in Christ will benefit from that love. He is also a God of vengeance and wrath. Do you want to be preserved or destroyed? Meditate on it!

Prayer
Lord God, as we witness to others, give us love, wisdom and boldness to tell it just like it is. May we be guided by Holy Spirit to warn the unruly and wicked; to comfort those who love You. We ask, believe we receive and give thanks in Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 02 Nov 2010, 9:07 pm

HRIST CENTRED DEVOTIONAL CHARLES DARBY
Psa 142:7 Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me.

You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him to find it himself. GALILEO GALILEI (1564–1642)

Verses - KJV
Psa 143:10-11 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. Quicken me, O LORD, for thy name's sake: for thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble.
My Thoughts and Comments
Are we asking the Lord to teach us to do His will or not? Do we resent it when someone tells us what is right and what is wrong? When we are wrong will we admit it - repent and change?
John 16:13-14 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you.
Sad, but many churches teach that when you repeat a prayer after them you receive all God has for you! No repentance is necessary and you are forever saved no matter what you do from then on! Beloved, that is not the Word of God and is not of the Holy Ghost! All the disciples walked with Jesus for 3 or more years; yet when Jesus left they were commanded not to began their work till they were filled with the Holy Ghost.
Judas was one who walked with Jesus - did great works, casting out devils and healing the sick. Yet Jesus said of Him - Mat 26:24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born. Peter also denied Jesus and even cursed about it! Yet Peter repented and was converted. Judas hanged himself.
Acts 8:14-17 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
In these verses these had believed on Jesus Christ as Saviour, been baptized in water and had not received the Holy Ghost! What more proof do we need that you do not receive all of the Holy Ghost when you repent and are baptized?
Beloved, you only receive the fullness of the Holy Ghost when you desire it with your whole heart and remove all doubt and unbelief from your heart. You must ask, in faith believing you receive. When you receive you will have the biblical evidence you have received. You will speak in a language you never learned and the gifts of the Spirit will operate through you as He wills. If you doubt this read all the book of Acts carefully and you will see it to be truth. God has not changed.
Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. Not only is the Holy Ghost our teacher He also brings us peace, joy and righteousness in Christ. Could the fact that many, who have received Christ as Saviour, have no peace or joy because they have not received the Holy Ghost since they believed? Notice, we must ask to be taught! Meditate on it!
Prayer
Holy Father, thank You for Holy Spirit. Forgive us when we do things our way instead of being led by Him. Do Your work in and through us, as You will. Our greatest desire is to be vessels of honor unto You. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 01 Nov 2010, 2:51 pm

Psa 107:32 Let them exalt him also in the congregation of the people, and praise him in the assembly of the elders.
2 Cor 10:4-6 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Verses - KJV
Psa 119:169-172 Let my cry come near before thee, O LORD: give me understanding according to thy word. Let my supplication come before thee: deliver me according to thy word. My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes. My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness. Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts.

My Thoughts and Comments
When we read the Word of God and don't understand it - do we cry out to the Lord for understanding? Could the reason some don't understand the Word be because they have never met the Author of the Word? When we do have the understanding do we allow it to work in our life?
The Psalms are so rich in the things of the Lord. To receive the desired understanding, he cried out to the Lord for it. He knew it would come from the Word of God. The deliverance he desired would come from the understanding of the Word of God. God watches over His Word to bring it to pass.
Our praise comes from the results of becoming a doer of the Word of God. The fruit of willful obedience brings glory to our Father. Notice, we must open our mouth and declare the Word of God to be victorious. When Jesus was being tempted He spoke the Word of God to the enemy. We must do the same. The enemy says things contrary to the Word of God. We must say what the Word says and in the right divided order. This requires us to know the Word of God. We must have faith to believe it will work for us as it did for the man Jesus.
Our thoughts determine whether we walk in victory or defeat. Don't entertain thoughts contrary to the Word of God. If we doubt the Word will work for us it will not! Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Are we hearing the Word of God? To hear it - it must be spoken out loud! Beloved, the more we hear the Word of God the more real it becomes to us. Sad, but the more we hear things contrary to the Word of God the more we believe that!
The Word of God is the only weapon we have or need. The Word of God is light. The word of our adversary is darkness. Light will always chase darkness. Turn the light on satan and he must flee from us!

Acts 19:13-16 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth. And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
This tells us plainly that we must have our own personal relationship with the Lord. The evil spirit knew Jesus and Paul by what they did and were doing. The sons of Sceva were evil trying to cast out evil! Beloved, don't expect satan to flee from you if you don't believe the Word of God enough to be living it daily! The Lord's hand will help those who choose to be obedient. Meditate on it!
Prayer
Father God, thank You for Your Word. Give us wisdom to know how to apply the Word of God against the enemy of our soul. Help us to not use it as a weapon to hurt those in You. Give us grace to not just quote Your Word but to become doers of all it says. By and through Your word we overcome the adversary. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in Jesus name, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 31 Oct 2010, 4:58 pm

Psa 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and
wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul
knoweth right well. Quote
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love
me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him,
and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Verses - KJV
Psa 139:5-7 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid
thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for
me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Whither shall I
go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy
presence?

My Thoughts and Comments
Can we grasp that the Lord is everywhere and that we
cannot hide from Him in any way or any place? From this
can we see that our life is an open book to Him?

Psa 139:7-12 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or
whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up
into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell,
behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and
dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy
hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say,
Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall
be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee;
but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the
light are both alike to thee.

From this we know the Lord is everywhere. Acts 17:28 For
in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain
also of your own poets have said, For we are also his
offspring. We may convince ourselves the Lord is no where to
be found but that is not truth. He is ever present to help us. We
can try running from Him but where do we go that He is not
there?

For some this bothers them because they want to do things
their way. For the one who loves the Lord this is very
comforting. The Lord is before and behind, the enemy can
not slip up on us. Are we keeping the Word of the Lord so
He and the Father will make their abode with us? Obedient
children dwell under the shadow of the Almighty.

These promises are for those who repent and receive Jesus
Christ as Saviour and Lord. The Lord only blesses those
who make Him Lord of their lives by becoming a doer of all
He says. Beloved, below you can see what will happen to
those who don't.

Rev 6:14-17 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is
rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved
out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the
great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and
the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid
themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And
said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us
from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from
the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is
come; and who shall be able to stand?

While there is eternal blessings for those who abide in
Christ there is eternal punishment for those who reject
Christ. Mat 21:44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone
shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind
him to powder. Those who fall on this Stone which is Jesus
Christ shall be broken and made new. Those on whom this
stone shall fall will be ground to powder!

Knowing this is why Ministers and Teachers who love God
and you will make sure you know this. They are God's
messengers who desires that everyone hear the truth. Sad,
but today many teach that God will bless you no matter what
you do or how you live! Beloved, that is not what the Word of God
says! Some even call it hate speech to call sin - sin.
Those who tell you the truth are the ones who love you.
Those who don't do not love you and will go to hell along
with you if they, and you, don't repent and receive Christ
as Saviour and Lord. Meditate on it!

Prayer
Holy Father, thank You for always being with us and
sustaining us. You are our Strength, Ability, Holy Ghost
Baptizer, Righteousness, Saviour, Lord and soon returning
King. Keep us full of Your Spirit. May He work in and
through us as He wills. We ask, believe we receive, and
give thanks in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 21 Oct 2010, 2:44 pm

Psa 109:1 Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise;

1 Cor 9:27 But I (Paul) keep under my body, and bring it
into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to
others, I myself should be a castaway.
Verses - KJV
Psa 130:1- 4 Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O
LORD. Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the
voice of my supplications. If thou, LORD, shouldest mark
iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is
forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.

My Thoughts and Comments
Have we reached a place where we think we have no need of
spiritual growth? Are we, like Paul, continually bringing our
flesh under subjection to the Holy Spirit? Do we wash continually
in the water of the Word of God?

In the natural we take a bath almost every day or we will
begin to stink! Beloved, if we don't continually bath in
the Word of God we will begin to stink spiritually! As we
daily go about what we do; we see and hear things that are
contrary to the Word of God. Let's wash it off.

Rev 3:15-20 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold
nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because
thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue
thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and
increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and
knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and
blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried
in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment,
that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy
nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with
eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and
chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand
at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open
the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him,
and he with me.

We should never get to the place where we think we have
arrived and have no need to grow spiritually. That is a
sign of being lukewarm which makes the Lord sick to His
stomach! How did He know they were lukewarm? Because of their
works! Many use the verse which says "Behold I stand at the
Door, and knock" to urge the lost to repent and receive
Christ. In reality He was talking to those who were
already church members! What they needed was to repent and
start having daily fellowship with the Lord.

Sup means "the chief meal of the day". When we sit and eat
with someone we are having fellowship with them. Several
years ago the Lord spoke to me concerning this. He said
every day I prepare a meal for my children to eat but most
are too busy to come and dine with me. I saw a long table with
many place settings, a name at each place, and many places
were empty. The Lord sat at the middle of the table - not
at one end. He desired to be as close to His as He could.
I saw many who were standing away from the table in the
shadows talking among themselves, too busy to eat with the
Master. I cried knowing I had been one of those!

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and
just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all
unrighteousness. Thank the Lord for His grace and
forgiveness. If He kept a record of all the times we have
missed the mark none of us would have a chance to make it to
heaven. Knowing that He will forgive us of sin is no
excuse for us to continue in a known sin. That is presumptuous
sin and is very dangerous.

I believe my wife, of sixty one years, would forgive me if
I did her wrong but I love her too much to take advantage of
that. How much do we love the Lord? He would never do us wrong.
Why would we knowingly do Him wrong? Our body, flesh, is
our problem. Paul knew this and kept it in subjection to
the Spirit of God within him, so he would not be a
castaway (worthless, rejected, reprobate). We should do the same.
Meditate on it!

Prayer
Lord God, when we were baptized, in water, we buried the
person we were to become like You and walk in the Spirit with
You. Give us grace and mercy to keep our flesh under
subjection. Give us grace and victory over our own flesh.
May Your Spirit rule in our life instead of our flesh. We
ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in Jesus name,
Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 20 Oct 2010, 11:29 am

Devotion 10/20/2010
Psa 119:175 Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee;
and let thy judgments help me.

Anxiety is not only a pain which we must ask God to
assuage but also a weakness we must ask him to pardon -
for he's told us to take no care for the morrow. C. S.
LEWIS (1898–1963)
Verses - KJV
Psa 127:1-2 Except the LORD build the house, they labour
in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the
watchman waketh but in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early,
to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he
giveth his beloved sleep.

My Thoughts and Comments
Have we built our relationship with the Lord according to
His Word or not? Will any house not built on a good
foundation stand? Can we truthfully say the Lord built the house
if we didn't go by His blueprint (The Word of God)?

We are told to take our burdens to the Lord and leave them
there. How many of us really do that? We pray and ask the Lord
to be Lord of a situation in our life but then we worry about the
outcome! Is that true faith?

Many of the physical and emotional problems we have is
because of worry and anxiety. We are told in Phil 4:6 to be
careful for nothing and the peace of God will rule in our life.
Being uptight and full of worry is the opposite of true
faith. What we can do let's do; what we cannot do let's
let God handle. Worry and anxiety never solved a problem.
When God is in control we can stop worrying! Want God's
peace ruling in your life - stop worrying!

Mat 7:24-27 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of
mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which
built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the
floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house;
and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every
one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them
not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house
upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and
the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and
great was the fall of it.

I have been around construction work all my life. My Dad
in the flesh was a carpenter - my Lord was a carpenter as
well! On the flesh side and on the spiritual side I have
carpenter blood in me. Any building not built on a solid
foundation will not stand in any type of storm. Beloved,
our spiritual house will not stand in the storms of life
we all face at times if it is not built on the saying of our
Saviour and Lord!

We have seen many big name preachers fall hard in this
generation. The above verses in Matthew tells us why. Sad, but
many talk a good game but they don't live what they say! Only the
doers of the Word of God are building on the solid rock.
Beloved, if we try to fool the Lord by saying we believe
but fail to live truth - we are just fooling ourselves!

Those who are in Christ and are doers of His saying don't
have to claim the blessing of God. They can't help but
receive them! The blessing will overtake them. All that they do
will prosper. They don't have to ask for peace - they
dwell in peace! The Word of God says so. What a
great God we serve! Blessed be the Lord forever!

Some stay up late worrying and get up early to start
again! Beloved, those who are in Christ (abiding in
Him) with Him living through them can lay down and sleep
in peace knowing He is in control. Praise the Lord! He is
watching over you. If the Lord didn't build the house
there is no use to guard it or watch over it because it
will not stand! Meditate on it!

Prayer
Holy Father, give us wisdom and grace to handle the things
we should and let You handle the rest. Forgive us for being
anxious and worrying instead of trusting You. We
ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in the name of
Jesus Christ, Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 19 Oct 2010, 2:31 pm

Devotion 10/19/2010
Psa 113:9 He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to
be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD.

Prov 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life;
and he that winneth souls is wise.
Verses - KJV
Psa 126:5-6 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He
that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall
doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with
him.

My Thoughts and Comments
Why are we ministering the Word of God? Do we
desire to only feed those who know the Lord? Do we also preach a
message of repentance to those who do not know Him? Are we
truly concerned about those who do not know the Lord? Do
we assume that everyone already knows the Lord?

There was a time when most all churches preached one or
two messages a week to those who already knew the Lord.
Also they preached at least one message a week to the lost, an
evangelistic message. The saints would be continually praying
that if any that were present didn't know the Lord He
would give them the increase! Many times He did! Praise
the Lord! They fed the sheep but they also desired to win
the lost to Jesus Christ.

Sad, but many churches no longer do that. Some can't
because they only have one service a week, maybe on Sunday
morning! In that service they assume everyone already
knows the Lord as Saviour and Lord! They are just entertaining
the saints! The meat of the Word of God is never taught!
They do teach how we can be blessed materially by getting
a positive mental attitude!

Beloved, it is very possible to have a positive attitude
and be positively wrong. I truly believe in positive faith
in the Word of God. If the Word of God says He will bless
us if we do what He says - He will do it. If it says He will
curse us if we don't - I believe that as well! Many desire
to hear the bless me gospel but don't desire to live what
it takes to be blessed!

A Minister called of God to minister must tell everyone
what God says about everything. They are not to preach
their ideas or what they got out of some book on positive
thinking! They don't need a course in physiology they need a
course in "knee ology". They must preach that there is a
heaven and a hell and that both are eternal.

They must preach that there is only one way to avoid hell
(the lake of fire) and that is active living faith in the
Lamb of God - Jesus Christ. Those that teach another way are
not of God! They serve the evil one and will one day be cast into
the lake of fire along with the devil, if they don't
repent and receive Christ as Saviour and Lord! I am not
judging them - the Word of God will do that!

All Ministers should be asking the Lord, with tears, to
give us souls for our labor. What is the cry of our heart,
is it that we be blessed and have our needs met or that
God will send an out pouring of His Spirit that many will come
into the kingdom of God before it is too late? When we
minister a hard teaching we should do it with tears like
the Prophet, Jeremiah. As we minister to the lost we
should be doing it with tears of deep concern and urgency for
those who don't know the Lord. Meditate on it!

Prayer
Lord God, give us a great desire to see the lost be
brought into Your loving care. Give us the words to say
and the things to do that you will bless with the increase.
Give us the message that will feed those who love you, as well.
We ask, believe we receive and give thanks in Your Name,
Lord Jesus. Amen.

Read - A. W. Tozer Devotion
<http://www.christ- centered. net/tozerdev. html>
Read - A. B. Simpson Devotion
<http://www.christ- centered. net/simpson. html> Read -
Oswald Chambers Devotion
<http://www.christ- centered. net/Heart1. html>
Read - Devotion by
<http://www.christ- centered. net/Meyer. html> F. B. Meyer
<http://www.christ- centered. net/Meyer. html>
Ministry of Charles & Datha Darby
See Purpose/Goals of This Ministry
<http://www.christ- centered. net/purpose. html>
Comments/Prayer/ Subscribe/ Unsubscribe
<http://www.christ- centered. net/sub.html> Web Site:
Bible Teaching/Devotions/ More
<http://www.christ- centered. net/>
If You Enjoyed This Would You Forward It to A
Friend?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 16 Oct 2010, 12:24 pm

Christ Centered Devotion - Devotion 10/16/2010

Psa 107:32 Let them exalt him also in the congregation of the people, and praise him in the assembly of the elders.

2 Cor 10:4-6 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Verses - KJV
Psa 119:169-172 Let my cry come near before thee, O LORD: give me understanding according to thy word. Let my supplication come before thee: deliver me according to thy word. My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes. My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness. Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts.

My Thoughts and Comments
When we read the Word of God and don't understand it - do we cry out to the Lord for understanding? Could the reason some don't understand the Word be because they have never met the Author of the Word? When we do have the understanding do we allow it to work in our life?

The Psalms are so rich in the things of the Lord. To receive the desired understanding, he cried out to the Lord for it. He knew it would come from the Word of God. The deliverance he desired would come from the understanding of the Word of God. God watches over His Word to bring it to pass.

Our praise comes from the results of becoming a doer of the Word of God. The fruit of willful obedience brings glory to our Father. Notice, we must open our mouth and declare the Word of God to be victorious. When Jesus was being tempted He spoke the Word of God to the enemy. We must do the same. The enemy says things contrary to the Word of God. We must say what the Word says and in the right divided order. This requires us to know the Word of God. We must have faith to believe it will work for us as it did for the man Jesus.

Our thoughts determine whether we walk in victory or defeat. Don't entertain thoughts contrary to the Word of God. If we doubt the Word will work for us it will not! Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Are we hearing the Word of God? To hear it - it must be spoken out loud! Beloved, the more we hear the Word of God the more real it becomes to us. Sad, but the more we hear things contrary to the Word of God the more we believe that!

The Word of God is the only weapon we have or need. The Word of God is light. The word of our adversary is darkness. Light will always chase darkness. Turn the light on satan and he must flee from us!

Acts 19:13-16 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth. And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

This tells us plainly that we must have our own personal relationship with the Lord. The evil spirit knew Jesus and Paul by what they did and were doing. The sons of Sceva were evil trying to cast out evil! Beloved, don't expect satan to flee from you if you don't believe the Word of God enough to be living it daily! The Lord's hand will help those who choose to be obedient. Meditate on it!

Prayer
Father God, thank You for Your Word. Give us wisdom to know how to apply the Word of God against the enemy of our soul. Help us to not use it as a weapon to hurt those in You. Give us grace to not just quote Your Word but to become doers of all it says. By and through Your word we overcome the adversary. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in Jesus name, Amen.

If You Enjoyed This Would You Forward It to A Friend?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 15 Oct 2010, 8:14 am

Jesus Christ is Lord
Devotion 10/15/2010
Psa 113:1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise, O ye servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD.
Mat 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.

Verses - KJV
Psa 121:1-3 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

My Thoughts and Comments
Preachers, Teachers are we doing as the Lord commanded? Are we teaching those who hear us all that the Lord commanded? Do we pick and choose what we teach or do we minister all of His words? Who do we look to for help? Is it the government, our neighbors, our friends or unto the Lord from whom comes all real help?
While help may come through friends, neighbors or others, it is the Lord who is the author of our help. The Lord made this earth and all that is in it, including each one of us. He is always watching over us to guide and help us in everything. His eye is always watching us.
Knowing this, should be a comfort to all who love the Lord and are obedient children of His. As we allow His Word to be the Lamp to our feet and the light to our path He will not allow us to be overcome by anything. Unlike us He never sleeps or goes on vacation! He is with us always even till the end.
As we minister we should be doing what the Lord says - not what people say we should do. Beloved, if we please everyone here on earth and when we stand before the Lord we find He was not pleased we have failed!
John 8:34-36 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

The Lord has set free those who are in Him. We are not servants of sin as we were before receiving Christ. Before Christ we couldn't resist sin and stick to it. Sin had authority over us and we were a slave to it. But now - We are no more a slave to sin. Praise the Lord! Now we can choose to serve the Lord with gladness! Of course we can also choose not to serve the Lord. The choice is ours to make!
I believe every true Christian desires to hear the Lord say - when we stand before Him, "Well done, you have been faithful"! While we all like to hear those around us say good things about us - it's what the Lord says that really matters. Meditate on it!
Prayer
Father God, thank You for always being with and for us. Thank You for the security we have while abiding in You. May we always rest in peace knowing You are watching over us. We ask, believe we have received and give thanks in Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 14 Oct 2010, 8:58 pm

Jesus Christ is Lord
Devotion 10/14/2010
Psa 119:164 Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments.
1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Verses - KJV
Psa 119:132-135 Look thou upon me, and be merciful unto me, as thou usest to do unto those that love thy name. Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me. Deliver me from the oppression of man: so will I keep thy precepts. Make thy face to shine upon thy servant; and teach me thy statutes.

My Thoughts and Comments
Do we desire that these verses be a reality in our lives? Have we cried out to the Lord for this to happen? Are we walking continually in the light of the whole gospel with Christ or not? Do we desire to get rid of all sin or just some?
Only by the Lord's grace and mercy can we be delivered from the authority of sin. If we have asked Him to do this in us - we should be living like it. We will if we allow the Holy Spirit to guide us in all we do and say.
If we are not walking in the truth of God's Word, we are walking in darkness and subject to fall at any time. As we walk in the light we will not stumble or fall. As we walk in the light; we are walking with the Lord having fellowship with Him. Praise the Lord!
Do we have a teachable spirit or do we think we know it all and have need of nothing? Have we, from our heart, made a vow to be doers of all the truth we know and are we still searching to know the Lord better and have more fellowship with Him?
Psa 23:1-5 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Beloved, this can only be true in our lives if we are doing what He says! We can not live our way and have the blessings of the Lord in our lives. If we trust Him we will obey Him. His way is always the right way.
John 15:1-2 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
A bird doesn't become a bird because it flies. It flies because God created it a bird. It's just doing what it was created to do. Likewise a person doesn't do good works and deeds to become a Christian. They are just doing what they are created, in Christ Jesus, to do! Now if a bird don't fly; its enemies will soon get it for lunch! If a Christian doesn't do what he was created to do the enemy can take him at his will. The fruit of our lives is in what we do and don't do! We can not abide in the Vine of Christ and not bear fruit!
Don't faint when the Father starts purging you. He is just getting rid of the things that hinder your walk with the Lord. Let Him thoroughly purge His floor so you can bear even more fruit to His glory. Meditate on it
Prayer
Holy Father, give us a hunger to know Your word for it is Your will for us. Give us a heart to not just know Your Word but to be doers as well. As we walk in the light grant us continual fellowship with You and with those around us. May Your blood keep us cleansed of all sin. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 13 Oct 2010, 5:01 pm

Devotion 10/13/2010
Psa 112:1 Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.
Heb 5:8-9 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Verses - KJV
Psa 119:125-128 I am thy servant; give me understanding, that I may know thy testimonies. It is time for thee, LORD, to work: for they have made void thy law. Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold. Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.

My Thoughts and Comments
How do we look at temptation, trials, storms we all face at times? Do we see them as an opportunity to be more like Christ or not? Do we allow them to teach us to be obedient? Is eternal salvation only for the obedient?
Many times we pray and desire to be like Jesus, yet when trials and temptation come we resent it! Beloved, to be like Jesus we must be tempted and tried much as He was. Notice, what the suffering was for, He was learning obedience! Have we truly submitted all we are to the Lord to do with as He pleases?
We should count the Word of God to be above the very best Gold. In doing so we will hate every false way and shun it! Many have the idea that when they come to the Lord all their troubles will be over and they will be on "cloud nine" forever! Listen to what the scripture says about this. Acts 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
Acts 5:40-42 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name. And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.
This is an account of what happened to the first disciples as they were effective witnesses unto the Lord. Beloved, the devil doesn't care how much you do for the Lord as long as it is not effective! Why was what they did effective? Mark 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following.
Beloved, it is one thing to work for the Lord - another to work with the Lord! Working for the Lord we can do much as we please. Working with Him we do what He directs and do as He does! That is being yoked with Him. We rest when He rests and work when He works.
In everything we go through let's learn what the Lord desires of us and do it. 1 Th 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Beloved, this doesn't say for every thing give thanks but in every thing. Not all things come from The Lord but we can see them as an opportunity to live our faith and please the Lord.
True faithfulness is not true until it has an opportunity to be unfaithful and refused it! God allows our faith to be tested. In every thing our faith can grow or be lost. Faith is much like a muscle in our body. Use it and it will grow - don't use it and it will get weaker and weaker! Keep pressing on, the end results will be worth it all. Praise the Lord! Meditate on it!
Prayer
Lord God, open the eyes of our understanding to what You desire of us. Help us to keep our hearts and minds centered on You and Your will for us. In everything that comes our way give us grace to learn what You want us to learn from it. Grant us continual fellowship with You. We ask, believe we receive and give thanks in Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 04 Oct 2010, 1:20 pm

Devotion 10/04/2010
Psa 106:12 Then believed they his words; they sang his praise.
Acts 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Verses - KJV
Psa 115:1-3 Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake. Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is now their God?
My Thoughts and Comments
Are we truly concerned with what the world thinks about the name of our Lord? What is uppermost in our thoughts; what people think of us or the Lord?
While we are to become a doer of all the words of the Lord; we should never have faith in our goodness or our works. Our faith must be based on His finished work and His word - not ours. Our faith must become based on Jesus Christ and Him alone. His name is above every name - not ours! Do we think our goodness will cause the enemy to bow to us? Do we really believe His name is above every name that can be named?
My wife has my name and has full authority to use it as she chooses. She chooses to use it in a manner that is good for both of us. We have the authority to use the name of Jesus Christ. How are we using it? We should be using His name in a manner that brings glory and honor unto Him! His name has full authority over all the power of satan.
John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. When we start doing things to bring honor to ourselves instead of the Lord we are on the wrong track. Jesus, as a man, always gave credit unto His Father for all He did.
Mark 16:17-18 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. Notice, this is for those who believe all the gospel. Are you a believer and does your life show it? If so then this is for you! We are to do these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Beloved, this should be normal in the life of Christians, who truly believe!
Mat 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. To those who believe the impossible is very possible. We need to stop looking at our abilities and look at God's ability to bring His Word to pass for us!
John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. John 14:12-14 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
Israel didn't believe God's word but rather looked at their ability instead of God's. That generation never entered the promise land. Only Joshua and Caleb believed and entered in! If we truly believe these words, let's live them. We can do all things through Christ who gives us the ability. Meditate on it!
Prayer

Lord God, thank You for Your name. Give us wisdom to use it always in a manner that will show our love for You. May Your name receive the glory and honor in the earth it already has in heaven. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in Jesus name, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next