World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyToday at 9:12 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyToday at 8:27 pm by Admin

» BooK of Revelation Various
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyToday at 5:00 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyYesterday at 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyYesterday at 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyYesterday at 11:43 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyYesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyYesterday at 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyYesterday at 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyYesterday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyYesterday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyYesterday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyYesterday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:13 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby Empty Re: Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby

Post  Admin Sun 19 Dec 2010, 4:00 pm

Jesus Christ is Lord
If You Enjoyed This Would You Forward It to A Friend?
Devotion 12/19/2010
Let's Live A Life Of Praise Unto The Lord
Psa 145:2 Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.
James 1:19-20 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
Verses - KJV
Prov 14:29 He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly.
My Thoughts and Comments
Are we very quick to get angry at someone? Do we hurt others and ourselves when we do? What does the Lord think about it?
Sometimes, are we too quick to give an answer, without thinking it through and letting the Spirit of God, within us, give us an answer? There was a time in my life when I was very quick to get angry and let everyone in hearing distance know it! With the Lord's help that is almost gone out of my life.
Eph 4:26-27 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil. Anger must be dealt with the same day we give place to it. Beloved, this is as much for our benefit as the one we got angry with! Having a problem with someone else will effect our relationship with the Lord. Mark 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
The word anger is just one letter from danger! When we are angry we say and do things we later regret very much. The prisons are full of those who let anger rule their lives! I have heard saints pray that the Lord would get someone who had hurt them. They should have been praying that the Lord would have mercy on them instead!
Luke 6:27-33 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also. Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
Are we doing what the above verses say? Do we bless those who curse us or get very angry with them? Do we love our enemies or hope they get hurt? Beloved, we should always remember that we were once enemies with God but He had mercy and forgave us, we must do the same with our enemies. We must understand that our own forgiveness hinges on us forgiving others.
When we don't forgive others our relationship with the Lord is in danger! Do it quickly, before the sun goes down. Be slow to anger, slow to speak, quick to listen, use great understanding. What makes us angry will usually tell us where we are in our walk with the Lord. Do we get angry at sin and what it does or do we get angry with sinners? Do we give all vengeance to God or try to handle it ourselves, our way? Meditate on it!
Prayer
Father God, may Your Spirit within us give us complete control of our tempers. When we get angry may it be at sin, not sinners. Help us to stop giving place to fleshly anger. Forgive us if we do. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in Jesus name, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby Empty Re: Christ Centered - Devotion-Charles Darby

Post  Admin Sat 18 Dec 2010, 3:01 pm

Jesus Christ is Lord
Devotion 12/18/2010
Psa 145:21 My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.
James 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
Verses - KJV
Prov 14:23 In all labour there is profit: but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury.
My Thoughts and Comments
Can we see from this that there is labour involved in being blessed? Do we know how important our words are? Is it enough to say we believe and have faith or must there be works involved as well?
True faith is an action word. Our faith is demonstrated by what we do as well as what we say. Many talk a good game quoting verses but their works show that they do not believe! Many expect God to do everything for them but don't do anything for Him to bless!
Faith is great and without faith it is impossible to please God. Let's say ,"I believe God will give me a job today". Instead of going out and look for it they just sit down expecting the job to come to them! Most likely it will not. If a tree is about to fall on you - you can do one of two things. You can, by faith, stand there and say the tree will not fall on me or you can put your faith in action and put one foot in front of the other and know God will give you the ability to get out of the way. I choose the action way!
Knowing when to talk and when not to talk is very important. Before I retired, I was a salesman for an insurance company. I observed, was guilty at times, some who talked themselves out of a sale by not stopping to talk when the sale was made. As Christians we can do the right things but talk ourselves out of a blessing by what we say.
Our mouth brings "penury" (deficiency; hence impoverishment: lack, need, penury, poor, poverty, want.) My Dad told me, "Son it is better to keep your mouth shut and have folks think you are stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!" When we open our mouth let's be sure we are in line with what the Word of God says. Let's not be guilty of talking ourselves out of a blessing.
Mat 12:34-37 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
This tells us how important that our words are. To get our words right we must get our heart right! Either our hearts are good, pure, or they are evil! Only the Lord can make our hearts pure. Let's ask the Lord to create in us a pure heart. Meditate on it!
Prayer
Holy Father, put a guard on our mouth so the words of our mouth and the meditation of our heart will be acceptable to You. Help us to learn to bridle our tongue and stop speaking things that are contrary to Your Word. Help us to not deceive our own heart. We ask, believe we receive and give thanks in Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 17 Dec 2010, 5:02 pm

Jesus Christ is Lord
Devotion 12/17/2010
Psa 145:10 All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.
1 Pet 4:17-18 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
Verses - KJV
Prov 14:7-9 Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge. The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit. Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour.
My Thoughts and Comments
In view of the above verses, as well as many others, how can those who say we are all sinners justify their teachings? Is disobedience to the Word of God sin? Is obedience still the key to receive the blessing of the Lord in our life?
Once we have truly repented and received Christ as Saviour and Lord are we still sinners or has all things been made new like the scripture says? Are we now dead to sin or not? Why would we submit to something we are dead too? I don't want to willingly submit to anything that will bring death to me.
Many are being deceived in this generation, sin is taken as a thing we all do and no difference is made between the righteous, the sinner and the ungodly. In many of the television programs and movies, some churches as well, sin is mocked and taken as a joke! Those who do, the Bible says, "they are fools!"
Read again the scripture above, "If the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?" That is written to the church, not the world!
We are living in a time when judgment must be in the house of God, once again. We must have those who will tell the gospel just as it is. Sin must be called sin and not taken lightly. Sin brought death to all humans. Jesus came to take away the sin of the world - not save us in our sin! To those who are in Christ all things have been made new. Beloved, He did not make us a new sinner - but rather we are made the righteousness of God in Him. As He is so are we in this world. Beloved, God is not a sinner!
The favor of God is with the righteous. His wrath is stirred against unrighteousness. 1 John 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death. We can not do enough good works to get rid of sin. We must repent asking God to forgive us and cleanse us of all sin. Only the blood of the Lamb of God cleanses us of sin. Get away from a church that doesn't teach that!
Ezek 3:18-21 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.
You who are in ministry, are you teaching this to your congregation or not? Are you tickling ears or telling it as it is? Meditate on it!
Prayer
Father God, give us guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit to do Your will and not the will of man. Give us a great desire to read the scripture for ourselves asking the author of the book, the Holy Spirit, to shows us the truth and give us grace to walk in it. We ask, believe we receive and give thanks in Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Dec 2010, 1:12 pm

Christ Centered
Devotion 12/16/2010
Psa 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and
wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul
knoweth right well.
2 Cor 5:20-21 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as
though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's
stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be
sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the
righteousness of God in him. We then, as workers together with
him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in
vain.
Verses - KJV
Prov 14:2 He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the
LORD: but he that is perverse in his ways despiseth him.
My Thoughts and Comments
Are we spending our time trying to become what we already
are in Jesus Christ? Does our life show we have a Bible
based fear of the Lord? Are we walking upright before the
Lord and those around us?
Most of us say, we believe all the Bible. In the life we
live do we show we truly believe or is that just words we
say? Do we believe we are being made the righteousness of God in
Jesus Christ? The only way we can show we believe is to
walk in it.
Faith is not just words we say but also something we do.
It is by our works we show our faith. James 2:20 But wilt
thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 1
John 3:7-8 Little children, let no man deceive you: he
that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is
righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the
devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son
of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the
devil.
Those who continue to live in known sin claiming it is all
right because we are under grace - are greatly deceived!
These verses tell us that if we continue in sin we are of
the devil!
We are made the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ.
Without an understanding of this we will try, by our efforts, to
become righteous. In doing so we leave us an excuse for
not attaining to righteousness! We say, "I am trying"! Why
try to become something we are?
The devil did this to Eve and Adam who was with her in the
garden. He told them if they eat of the forbidden fruit
they would be like God! They were already like God,
created in His likeness with the breath of God in them.
Adam was called the Son of God. The devil convinced them that by
their efforts they could be like God. He is still doing the same
thing today.
We who have repented and been cleansed of all sin through
faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ - Have received the
Spirit of Christ in us - Been filled with the Holy Ghost. Now we
are as He is in righteousness, our bodies are the temple
of the Holy Spirit. God dwells in us. We can fellowship
with Him any time we choose. He is an ever presence help
in time of need! What more do we need? Let's stop trying to
become what we already are and start living what we are in
Christ!
We do not attain to righteousness by our works. All of the above
we received by faith in Jesus Christ. All is a gift to be
received. All we are asked to do is use the gift to the
glory of God. We use it by walking in it! Being a living
witness to His grace.
Are we showing our fear (reverence) of the Lord by walking
in His righteousness? Are we showing we despise Him by
walking contrary to His Word? Are we of God or the devil?
The life we live shows us the answer. Meditate on it!
Prayer Lord God, help us to stop listening to people, the
world, our flesh and begin to walk in the truth of who we are in
Jesus Christ. Help us to get real with You and with
ourselves. Show us if we are being deceived or walking in
truth. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in
Jesus name, Amen.
Please Pray For America and For Your Country; According to
2 Chr. 7:14
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Dec 2010, 2:17 am

Jesus Christ is Lord
Devotion 12/15/2010
Psa 145:4 One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts.
Psa 112:1-3 Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments. His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed. Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever.
Verses - KJV
Prov 13:22 A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.
My Thoughts and Comments
What kind of inheritance are we leaving for our children? What are we teaching our children? Are we setting the example we desire our children to follow?
During my lifetime as a Christian I have been told by some, "You can not be a Christian and make a good living." Beloved, that is a lie of the devil. A sinner may make a lot of money but somewhere down the line it will wind up in the hands of God's children. The earth and all that is in it belongs to the Lord.
Do you fear the Lord and delight to keep His commandments? Do you teach and live before your family in a manner that demonstrates your faith? If so, God will prosper you in all you put your hand to. I was forty years old (I am now 81) when I surrendered to the Lord. I would that I had done it much earlier in life. Will your children inherit your love for the Lord so they will be mighty on the earth?
The Lord gave the promise land to Israel. It was a land of cities, homes and vineyards built by those who did not know God. God's people were benefited by their labors and those who had it didn't get to enjoy it! Beloved, it will always be that way.
One day all the wicked will be removed from the earth and those who are God's children will inhibit it all. We will reign and rule with the Lord. Praise the Lord. Beloved, the best is yet to come! Keep your fork handy.
Beloved, one of the tools of the devil is to point out someone who is prospering materially yet is not a committed Christian. Then he will tell you "if you were not so holy you could make a better living". Do not listen to that he knows it is a lie. God blesses and with it comes no sorrow! The devils blessings come with much sorrow!
Beloved, the same thing happens in the church as well. Someone is promoted in church who, you know is not living the word of God. The devil will tell you to let up and not be so heavenly minded. Again don't listen to him.
Let's set our affection on the Lord and become doers of His Word no matter what happens good or bad. If we will - the end result will be eternal life with the Lord forever.
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Beloved, if we will keep this as our primary goal everything will be all right. God's hand will be for us in all we do. 1 Cor 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. If we love Him we will keep His commands. Meditate on it!

Prayer
Father God, thank You for blessing those who love You and show it by being obedient. Thank You for life and that more abundantly. Keep us full of Your righteousness. We ask, believe we receive and give thanks in Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 14 Dec 2010, 5:42 pm

Christ Centered
Devotion 12/14/2010
2 Chr 20:22 And when they began to sing and to praise, the
LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab,
and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they
were smitten.
Psa 119:158 I beheld the transgressors, and was grieved;
because they kept not thy word.
Verses - KJV
Prov 13:14-15 The law of the wise is a fountain of life,
to depart from the snares of death. Good understanding
giveth favour: but the way of transgressors is hard.
My Thoughts and Comments
Have we understood the Word of God is written for our
benefit so we can, by becoming doers of truth, have life
and that more abundantly? Why do some think it is so hard to be
a doer of the Word of God? Could it be because they have not
received the Spirit of Christ?
The Word of God is a fountain of life to those who love
it. By it we learn to depart from the snares that bring death.
The ministry that loves the Lord and those they minister to;
become grieved when they find those who don't become doers
of God's Word.
Do we desire to have good favor with God? It includes more
than a confession of faith. Faith is demonstrated by what we do
and say. Some tell me they find it hard to keep God's
Word. I find right the opposite is true. The way of the
transgressor is the hard way. Once I saw Jesus in Pilate's
judgment hall being beaten, mocked, cursed and spit upon
and then going to the cross all for me; nothing He desires of me
is too hard! It is a joy to serve this one. Oh, how I love
Him!
Sad, but many are basing their relationship with the Lord
on Him treating them like a spoiled child! If everything
goes to suit them they are happy and rejoice. If it
doesn't they begin to complain and claim the Lord doesn't
love them! If you believe that read the New Testament and see
what happened to the early disciples!
The were whipped, put in jail, stoned, and made fun of.
All but one of the early disciples were put to death. What
did they do? They rejoiced they were counted worthy to suffer
for His name sake! They believed the Word of God - Mat 10:38-39
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me,
is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose
it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
2 Tim 3:1-5 This know also, that in the last days perilous
times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves,
covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to
parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection,
trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce,
despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded,
lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of
godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn
away.
Beloved, I truly believe, we are living in the last days
before the rapture of the Church, the second coming of the Lord
and the setup of His kingdom in this world. The things Paul spoke
of in Timothy are at work in the world. Sad, but many are
even in the churches of today. We hear, in many places,
God will bless you no matter what you do! Beloved, that is
a form of the gospel.
Many say they love the Lord but fail to become doers of
His Word. Hear the Word of God - 1 John 2:3-4 And hereby
we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his
commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Do not base your eternal destiny on what some say. Base it
on the Word of God and that only! If you are not a doer of
His Word, you are a transgressor of His Word! Meditate on
it!
Prayer Holy Father, thank You for manifesting Your
only begotten Son, The Lamb of God, to us for salvation.
Give us grace, understanding and direction in our witness
unto You. Give us a heart to become totally obedient to all Your
truth. Thank You for the Holy Ghost, the Spirit of Truth. May He
lead us in all we do and say. We ask, believe we receive,
and give thanks in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 14 Dec 2010, 12:41 am

Christ Centered Devotion - Devotion 12/13/2010

Psa 145:2 Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.

Gal 6:7-9 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Verses - KJV
Prov 13:12 Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.

My Thoughts and Comments
Do we sometimes get impatient when we do what we know to do, in the Lord, and nothing happens as we thought it would? Do we keep on doing what we know is truth or do we give up saying; "it don't work for me"?

In the matter of sowing and reaping, in the natural, most understand it takes time to reap what is sown. Sometimes you have to replant the seed! We cannot plant beans and reap them the next day. In the spiritual realm many seem to forget this principle. They try doing what the Word of God says and soon give up saying, "it didn't work for me".

Several years ago, after I became a Christian, I would have good days and then some bad days. I asked the Lord why this was. He said you do right things some days and wrong things other days and you are reaping accordingly! I got the picture.

Then I started sowing every day what I desired to reap. Soon the picture changed. If what you desire seems to take too long in manifesting itself, don't give up, keep doing what the Word of God says. You will reap in due season, if you don't faint. After you have sown, rejoice while waiting for the harvest!

I talked to one who told me he tried that being "born again" and it didn't work for Him. He gave up before harvest time! He expected God to do what he was supposed to do. He failed to sow what he desired to reap.

So many use the wrong principle in sowing and reaping. They are expecting a miracle that happens instantly. Not everyone gets a miracle but sowing and reaping works for everyone! Sowing and reaping takes time and patience. Just keep sowing what you desire to reap and you will reap in due season! There is a season to plant and a season to reap what was planted.

1 Cor 3:6-9 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

In praying for others we may not be the one who gets to see the increase. That may be someone else. We are all, who have Christ in us, laborers together. We are all of one body. We are to be laborers together with the Lord. He and He alone is the one who gives the increase! Don't take credit for what He does.

Keep on sowing the Word of God, no matter what happens. God will give the increase in due time. Meditate on it!

Prayer
Holy Father. help us to just do what You say and let You take care of the increase. Your Word will never return void. You watch over Your Word to bring it to pass to those who become doers and don't give up. We ask, believe we receive and give thanks in Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.

Please Pray For America and for your country according to 2 Chr. 7:14
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 12 Dec 2010, 1:05 pm

Jesus Christ is Lord
Devotion 12/12/2010
Psa 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Mark 7:22-23 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.
Verses - KJV
Prov 13:10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.
My Thoughts and Comments
If we are always having quarrels, debates, and word fights with others; could our pride be the cause of it? If we had our heart cleansed of all that kind of pride would the contention stop?
According to Proverbs 13:10 - if we got all pride out of the church, our homes and our lives contentions would cease! Notice, this says it is only by pride that contention comes. Pride is one of the sins that defile the house of God, which we are.
We are the temple of the Holy Ghost. Pride comes from within us so it must be admitted and removed. How do we do this? Confess it to the Lord and ask for and receive forgiveness. Repentance is the key.
Some try to justify their sin by saying, "that is just the way I am or the way I was raised." In spiritual matters stop identifying with your earthly family and identify with Your new family! We, who have received Christ, are in a different family now and this family should get rid of pride that brings contention into our lives.
Sad, but many who have repented and received Christ as Saviour and Lord still identify with their natural parents instead of with their Father in heaven! They are still identifying with flesh instead of with The Spirit! Those who are in the flesh can not please God.
Hear the Word of God - Rom 8:8-9 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Beloved, we can not be in the flesh and in the Spirit at the same time! If we are still in the flesh we have not received the Spirit of God! This makes it absolutely necessary that we receive the Spirit of Christ and then confess we are not in the flesh anymore! Stop identifying with flesh and start identifying with the Spirit of Christ that is within you.
The person you were, born of natural parents, is now buried with Christ and raised with Christ to live as Christ lived. In fact it is Christ in you that lives! Christ, with His righteousness, holiness, and purity is now your life. Start confessing and living it. Let God arise, in you, and His enemies be scattered! Praise the Lord forever and ever!
As we learn to walk in the Spirit these fleshly things will not control us. Are we well advised with the wisdom that is of God? Meditate on it!
Prayer
Holy Father, help us to stop giving in to the lust of our own flesh. Forgive us and cleanse us of everything that hinders our walk with You, including all pride that brings contention. Grant that we walk in the number of the well advised. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in Jesus name, Amen.
<>< <>< <><
Jesus Christ is Lord
Devotion 12/11/2010
Psa 135:1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the name of the LORD; praise him, O ye servants of the LORD.
Psa 69:20-21 Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none. They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.
Verses - KJV
Prov 12:25 Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.

My Thoughts and Comments
Have you tried to help someone only to have them accuse you of something bad? Through reproach, have you had heaviness of heart? Have you been accused of something you were not guilty of?
I know I have. At the time I was very upset and tried to set things straight. I didn't pray for them as the Bible says. Instead I was very angry with them? This went on for a few days; then the Lord spoke to me saying, "Do you know what you are doing"? I knew I didn't! He said, "You are saying as good as you are someone it talking about you"! I knew He was right and I asked Him to forgive me.
After that I left it alone and later the Lord caused it to work out the way He wanted it to! Praise the Lord. Beloved, the Lord's way is always right.
Isa 53:2-10 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Psa 69:20 and Isa 53:2-10 was written concerning Jesus as He went to the cross for you and I. He knows what it is like to be heavy of heart because no one gave him a comforting word. He looked for someone who would, but found none. He wasn't guilty, you and I were. Oh, what a Saviour!
Since Jesus endured all these things because of us and did not open His mouth and complain. Why are we quick to complain when we endure hurts. We should be glad to be counted worthy to suffer for Him! The early disciples did!
When we give a comforting word to someone we are giving one to Jesus. What we do to others, good or bad, we do to Him. Do we love the Lord and are we showing it by what we do and say to Him and those we are in contact with? Meditate on it!
Prayer
Lord God, You know what it's like to be heavy of heart and have no one to comfort You. Give us a heart to be always ready to give a comforting word to those who have been bruised and reproached in their walk with You. Give us Your compassion for those who are hurting. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in Jesus name, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 10 Dec 2010, 12:39 pm

Jesus Christ is Lord
Devotion 12/10/2010
1 Chr 29:13 Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name.

Prov 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Verses - KJV
Prov 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

My Thoughts and Comments
How can man believe something is right that leads to death? How can we know if we are wise or a fool?
The Holy Spirit is so plain, most of the time, it cuts right to the heart! Those who believe in a way that is not based on bible truth are playing the part of a fool. Here is what Jesus had to say.
John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Many believe that if the good they do outweighs the bad they will go to heaven. Some believe if they don't do so-called big sins they will be all right. Others believe if they have their name on a church roll they are all right.
Many measure themselves by others they know and think they are living better than them! Others think if they give to good causes they will be judged all right! Many think that they are right with God because of the church they belong to. Some churches think they are right and all others are not.
Beloved, we are not talking about something we can do ourselves! Salvation, eternal life, is a gift of God by and through Jesus Christ and Him alone. If what we do is not based on that foundation it is just so much work that will be burned up and will not stand. Think about it! What are you building on? What are you staking your eternal destination on? If it is not Jesus Christ, it the way of a fool!
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Beloved, if the church you attend or belong to doesn't teach this - run from it. It is not of God and is the way of fools and it leads to death - not eternal life! Some claim to believe in Jesus but find out who Jesus is to them. Sad, but some have others on equal basis with our Saviour and Lord!
John 3:14-18 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
When anyone offers you a free gift, of great value, it would be an ungrateful fool not to accept it! It would also be an insult to the one who offered the gift! God offers the gift of eternal life through His only begotten Son. Do the ones who refuse His gift realize they are insulting the creator of this whole world and all that is in it? Meditate on it!
Prayer
Holy Father, help us to stop playing church and begin to search the scriptures to see if we are truly in Christ. Help us to face reality and see if we are measuring ourselves by others, our denomination, some ministry or anything but Christ. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 09 Dec 2010, 12:20 pm

Jesus Christ is Lord
Devotion 12/09/2010
Psa 119:175 Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me.
Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Verses - KJV
Prov 11:30-31 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise. Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed in the earth: much more the wicked and the sinner.

My Thoughts and Comments
I wonder, why are we doing the things we do? Are we trying to impress others with our words and intellect? Why are we trying to live a righteous life? What is the motivation behind what we do?
Beloved, if the life we live, the things we do, is not because Christ lives in us we are on the wrong track. We will all reap what we sow, whether good or bad. Are we wise and sowing the seed, the Word of God, that will cause souls to be won to Christ?
Living righteous lives in Christ has many benefits. Notice, this says the righteous will be recompensed in the earth, not only in heaven! Also the wicked will as well. Are we sowing what we desire to reap? What kind of fruit is our life style bearing? Jesus said we will know a person by the fruit of their lives, not by what they say! What does our deeds and actions say about us?
I find that it's so easy for us to become so concerned about ourselves, our family and brothers and sisters in the Lord that we lose concern for anyone else! Most of us meet some every day who don't know Christ as Saviour and Lord. Can they see Christ in us or not?
If we are self concerned we will not be concerned about their feelings at all! To be blessed start blessing others. What we sow we will reap. If we are hateful to the waitress we can expect it to return to us. We as Ambassadors of Christ, should be concerned with what kind of day those we meet are having. Let's be the sunshine in their day not part of the rain!
We should, with the Lord in us, be light in this world. If someone is rude to us let's pray for them and let the Lord handle it. Don't let it ruin your day by giving them what they gave you! When someone is always being rude to you - check up on yourself are you sowing rudeness?
We are to be the salt of the earth. Salt changes the flavor of everything it touches! By being a doer of all the Lord says we can change the way things are. We can help change the attitude of those we come in contact with. We will never do it by setting in church and soaking up the Word of God; but never putting it into our daily actions!
Psa 126:5-6 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.
Beloved, does the fact that there are so many who don't know Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord drive you to tears? If our relationship with the Lord doesn't motivate us to reach out to the lost by actions and words - maybe we should check up on our relationship!
Jesus, while here on earth, always had compassion on the lost and continually reached out to them. With Christ in us we should do the same. Meditate on it!
Prayer
Holy Father, thank You for Your Word. It tells us how to be blessed and how to be cursed. I can't speak for everyone but I desire to be blessed, so with Your help, I will be a doer of what it takes to be blessed. Forgive us when we get self concerned instead of Christ concerned. Grant that others see Christ in us and be drawn to You as well. May Your Spirit lead in all we do and say. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in Jesus name, Amen.
<>< <>< <><
Devotion 12/08/2010
1 Chr 23:30 And to stand every morning to thank and praise the LORD, and likewise at even,
Close your ear against him who opens his mouth against another. If you receive not his words, they fly back and wound him. If you receive them, they fly forward and wound you. FRANCIS QUARLES (1592–1644)
Verses - KJV
Prov 11:13 A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.

My Thoughts and Comments
Do we refuse to be one who spreads gossip, even if it is true? Do we have a faithful spirit or an unfaithful spirit? When we see or hear of one who fails; do we feel sorrow or glad it happened?
Some seem to have a ministry of exposing other ministry. These will go to great lengths to show how wrong others are and how right they are. It doesn't seem to matter to these if some that are good get uprooted in the process. I wonder, when we try to expose others are we walking in love toward them and others or just trying to show how much we know?
I am a stickler for truth, as shown in the Word of God, but pointing the finger at others is not pointing others to the Lord. Maybe instead of putting others down and by doing so hurting some of the little ones, we should pray for them and let the Lord handle them?
When we find that someone has done something wrong do we tell others or conceal the matter? Much of the division in the church could be healed if we did this like the Bible teaches. Think about it! (I firmly believe in teaching/preaching truth. I just don't believe in pointing the finger and naming names to do so.) Here, we are not talking about cults that are not based on Jesus Christ.
Lev 19:16 Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Here God commanded His people not to be a talebearer.
Prov 18:6-8 A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes. A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul. The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly. The words we say can wound or they can heal - the choice is ours!
Prov 20:19 He that goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets: therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips. When a friend reveals a secret to you don't tell it to others. If, as a minister, a secret is revealed to you, don't share it with others!
Prov 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth. If those who are talebearers will stop carrying the tale it will soon cease to exist!
Beloved, we can choose to be of a faithful spirit by refusing to be one who spreads gossip. We can choose to be and unfaithful spirit by spreading it. Our choice.
Meditate on it!
Prayer
Holy Father, help us to stop pointing the finger at others and just minister Your Word in love and concern for the hearer. When we are pointing at a person, we are not leading others to You. Help us to walk in love toward all, including those who mess up. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 07 Dec 2010, 1:52 pm

Devotion 12/07/2010
Psa 138:4 All the kings of the earth shall praise thee, O LORD, when they hear the words of thy mouth.
Psa 37:1 Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
Verses - KJV
Prov 11:2-5 When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom. The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them. Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death. The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way: but the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness.

My Thoughts and Comments
Do we understand that pride causes many of the problems we face in this world? When someone hurts us do we jump at them or pray for them? Do we give vengeance to the Lord or handle it ourselves? Does pride make us have a haughty spirit?
Prov 16:17-20 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil: he that keepeth his way preserveth his soul. Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud. He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he.
I have been a Christian since the last day of January, 1970. During that time I have observed many, some in church, who got lifted up in their pride. Some trusted in their ability to make money and influence others to do what they wanted. I have seen many of these come down hard. Their lack of integrity destroyed them.
Beloved, lean not on your understanding and fret not when those who are wicked or full of pride seem to be prospering. If they don't repent and change their ways they will come down hard. Walk in what you are in Christ and you will be delivered from death and will not face the wrath of God. Get your eyes on Jesus and off those who play church and live wicked lives.
I have observed some of the big name Preachers of this generation who, when you see them, act more like a celebrity that a man of God! They hurry out of reach of the people so they don't have to spend time with them. I have seen some of these fall hard. Their pride ruined them!
Beloved, Jesus was not like that. He always had time to Minster to those around Him. He still has. A broken and a contrite spirit he will not refuse. Pride He will not tolerate! The humble He will lift up. Those full of pride He will bring down hard!
Mark 7:21-23 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man. 1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
Pride defiles us! O Lord create in us a pure heart so that every thing that comes out of us will be pure in Your sight.
Meditate on it!
Prayer
Holy Father, cleanse us of all pride that keeps us from walking upright before You. We have no righteousness of our own. You and You alone are our life. Arise within us and cause all our enemy's to be scattered. We ask, believe we receive and give thanks in Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 06 Dec 2010, 12:20 pm

Christ Centered
Devotion 12/06/2010
Psa 119:171 My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast
taught me thy statutes.
Lev 19:35 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment, in
meteyard, in weight, or in measure.
Verses - KJV
Prov 11:1 A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but
a just weight is his delight.
My Thoughts and Comments
What are some of the things we do that would apply to
this? Are we giving a good day's work for a good day's
pay? When we give our tithes do we give ten percent or
just give what we want to and call it tithes?
We should be keeping a proper balance in all we do and
say. We must start with the Word of God. Do not pick and
choose what you believe and leave out the other! As we
read the Word of God - do it with prayer asking the Lord
to show us how it all fits together. All the Word of God is food
for our inner man. Feed on it regularly. Let it be the
light to your walk with the Lord.
Don't strain at a gnat and swallow camels. Some get all
uptight about small things but ignore other greater things. If
you have been a Christian for 20 years don't expect a new
convert to live as you live. Give them time to grow. Help
them, don't point your finger at them saying you don't do
this or that.
When we pay our tithes give a full 10 percent of all we
take in or it's not tithes! Our Pastor gave this as an
example. He said He was paying tithes on all He was paid in
salary but forgot about a small check he received every month.
When he realized this he began to pay tithes on that as
well. Ask your self if you are doing that.
If you are working for someone and get paid for working 40
hours a week - are you working the full 40 hours or not? Don't
give your employer a false balance! Don't see how little you can
do in 40 hours but rather see how much you can do. Work as
unto the Lord.
If you sell something by the pound are you making sure the
scales are calibrated right? If you sell firewood by the
cord are you giving a full cord? When you buy something do
you make out like you don't like it to get a better price?
If you do that you are not telling the truth! It's all
right to ask for a better price. Just don't tell a lie to get
it!
In the natural, spiritual as well, when we are not properly
balanced we are subject to fall. A false balance is an
abomination, disgusting, to our Lord. The bible calls it
unrighteousness and that is sin! Why would we do something
that disgusts the Lord? Meditate on it!
PrayerFather God, help us to examine ourselves and keep
false balances out of our life. Open our understanding to
the things You desire. Give us a heart to become doers of
all truth. Help us to stop measuring ourselves by others and
measure by Your Word, only. We ask, believe we receive,
and give thanks in Jesus name, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 05 Dec 2010, 5:13 pm

Christ Centered
Devotion 12/05/2010
Psa 106:47 Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from
among the heathen, to give thanks unto thy holy name, and
to triumph in thy praise.
Rom 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be
for us, who can be against us?
Verses - KJV
Psa 118:6-9 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what
can man do unto me? The LORD taketh my part with them that
help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that
hate me. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence
in man. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put
confidence in princes.
My Thoughts and Comments
Have we reached a place like this in our relationship with
the Lord? Do we truly understand that with God for us who can
be against us and win? In all things are we giving thanks or
complaining because it is not going the way we want it to?
We can reach a place like this in our relationship with
the Lord. To do so requires us to have complete faith in
the Lord and not in the things we hear and see around us.
The psalmist said, "what can man do that will cause me to
fear." We should be at rest in the shelter of His wings and know
that no one can take from us what God has given us.
When we get so upset when someone does us wrong; maybe we
should check and see if we are truly trusting God or man.
Beloved, God is the source for everything we really need
in this life. Be obedient and show your trust by continually
giving Him thanks in all things. Let's not put our trust
in the government, a church, a person, anything or any one
but God Himself. If God be for us, who can be against us?
I have seen several over the years that say they don't go
to church any more because someone said or did something
that hurt them! I have met some who gave up on the Lord and went
back into sin because of this! Beloved, our spiritual
growth takes place as we work through these things and
stay committed to the Lord and His Body, which is the
Church!
We all, even devout Christians, face times in our life
when it would be easy to give up and return to the life we had
before Christ. Times when every thing that could go wrong
- does! It is during these times we can blame others for
our problems or we can ask the Lord to show us what we
should learn from this.
Beloved, these times are an opportunity for us to
demonstrate our commitment to the Lord. It's easy to say
we love the Lord when everything is going our way, It's when it
does not that we can prove what we said earlier!
Job is an example. He was a perfect man who loved the
Lord. The devil said to the Lord "He is that way because
You won't let me get to him". Let me get to him and he
will curse You! The devil thinks we serve the Lord because He
blesses us. The Lord gives him the chance to prove it.
Beloved, it is also our chance to prove our commitment to
the Lord.
When we see it that way we can thank the Lord that He
trusts us enough to allow us to go through that, so we can
be firmly established in Him! Meditate on it!
PrayerHoly Father, thank You for loving us, Your children,
and supplying every need in our life. Thank You for
telling us "you have not because you ask not." Help us to
rest in You and stop getting upset when things don't go as we
planned. Help us to learn to trust and obey. We ask,
believe we receive, and give thanks in Jesus name, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 04 Dec 2010, 1:53 pm

esus Christ is Lord
Devotion 12/04/2010
Psa 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
Deu 28:1-2 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.

Verses - KJV
Prov 10:22 The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

My Thoughts and Comments
Do we desire blessings to follow after us? Are we finding out what the word of God says for us to do? Instead of doing what the Word of God says to be blessed are we trying to buy a blessing by giving of our finances?
Praise the Lord! Blessings are following after me and overtaking me! They make me rich in the things pertaining to the Lord. His blessings add no sorrow to my life. Because of His blessings, I can rejoice and be glad every day.
Notice why this happens. It is not because I have named it and claimed it, all though that is part of it. It is because of listening to the Lord and becoming a doer of His voice. Beloved, that is the way to claim and become the recipients of the blessings of the Lord.
Notice what Deu 28:1-2 says about being blessed. It first begins with us hearing the Word of God and then becoming a doer of all He commands. I have observed some lay hands on someone and tell them God was going to bless them abundantly. It will not happen if that person is not an obedient child of God!
The blessings that the world has bring sorrow with it. Some of the most unhappy people in the world are rich in material things. They can't be happy unless they are full of pills or strong drink! Usually there is adultery going on in the family. No real love in these families. They have no time for their children because they are too busy with themselves! These would give much of their wealth to have the peace the Lord gives in their life. Sad, but they are searching in all the wrong places!
The blessing of the Lord makes us rich in the things that really matter. The one who is obedient to the Lord in all things can expect blessings to overtake them. They don't have to be continually asking the Lord to bless them. Instead they can be continually thanking the Lord for the blessings they have! These have the peace of God ruling in their lives. In all things they are giving thanks.
These can truthfully say "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want". These can say "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." Beloved, His hand is for those who love Him and show it by doing what He says. He dwells with them and is in them! The verses below are a reality in their lives.
Psa 16:11 Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. Psa 91:2-8 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Are you a living example of what the Word of God says? Meditate on it!

Prayer
Father God, thank You for Your blessings on our life as we become doers of what You say. Thank You for giving us Your word and bringing Your promises to pass in our life. Grant that we continue to grow in the understanding of things pertaining to life and
godliness in Christ Jesus. We ask, believe we receive and give thanks in Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 03 Dec 2010, 4:28 pm

Jesus Christ is Lord
Devotion 12/03/2010
Psa 119:164 Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments. How often do we praise Him?

Mat 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Verses - KJV
Prov 10:19-21 In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise. The tongue of the just is as choice silver: the heart of the wicked is little worth. The lips of the righteous feed many: but fools die for want of wisdom.

My Thoughts and Comments
Can we see from this that just because someone is a great speaker doesn't mean that we should be doers of what they say? Do some say but don't do as they say? Do we have righteous lips so we can feed many? Can we learn while we are talking?
Doing a lot of talking doesn't always mean we are saying something worth hearing. Are we speaking with a just tongue and from a pure heart? If so, we have something worth hearing and our words are as choice silver. Our words will feed the hearer.
The wise listen when the righteous speak. When the wicked speak it is worth little. When we pray, are we talking to the Lord or for the benefit of those around us? Some seem to think the longer the prayer the more effective it is. The scripture says different. Our much speaking doesn't impress the Lord. Sincere prayer coming from the heart of a righteous person will accomplish much, even if it is just a few words.
Some are very wise in the wisdom of this world but are a fool when it comes to having right knowledge of the Lord! By the worlds wisdom they believe man is here by evolution. By the knowledge of God we know we are created, by God, in His image and likeness!
Saul, later Paul, had great knowledge of the worlds way but here is what he thought of that knowledge after receiving Christ.
Phil 3:4-14 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Beloved, let us do the same thing. Forget the past, let it be buried with Christ and be raised with Christ to live a new way. Let's continually press forward to the mark set by Jesus Christ. Meditate on it!

Prayer
Lord God, help us to keep silent unless we have something worth saying. Give us the words that You want heard. May every person, in this generation, hear the Word of God in the power and anointing of the Holy Ghost. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in Jesus name, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 02 Dec 2010, 9:11 am

hrist Centered
Devotion 12/02/2010
Psa 146:10 The LORD shall reign for ever, even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the LORD.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Verses - KJV
Prov 10:17-18 He is in the way of life that keepeth instruction: but he that refuseth reproof erreth. He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

My Thoughts and Comments
Is there any such things as a white lie and a black lie? Do we think a lie will make us look better? Who are we trying to please - is it those around us or God?
There is no such thing as a white lie. A lie is a lie. 1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
When will we grow up and understand the commandments of God are for our benefit? They are not to spoil our life and cause us to be sad faced and feeling sorry for ourselves. The life of a Christian should be full of joy and praise unto the Lord.
Thank God for the privilege of knowing Jesus Christ as Lord of our life! Him being Lord in our life is being obedient to all He says. One who has been set free, through faith in Jesus Christ, can yield themselves to sin, that brings death, or obedience unto righteousness. He is Lord of our lives - if - we are doers of what He says!
1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. This makes it clear who knows the Lord and who does not! Lip service is not a proof of our love! True love is demonstrated by what we do in response to our love. Love will produce fruit that love is in action in our life.

While we are talking to someone do we say we love them but as soon as they walk away we say we can't stand them? Beloved, that would be hiding our hatred by telling a lie! All liars will have their part in the lake of fire. (Rev 21:8)
Do we say slanderous things about others? If we do, the scripture says we are a fool! When we hear bad things about a brother do we take time to be sure it is true before repeating it? Even if it is true why should we spread it around?
Many Christians have a way of getting around this. They call everyone they know asking them to pray for this one. The fact is they are just spreading the bad news. We all should have a ministry of restoring instead of destroying the person.
Gal 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. This is what we should do instead of destroying them with our words and deeds! Meditate on it!

Prayer
Holy Father, cleanse us of the tendency to tell a lie. Take it out by the root so it will not produce any thing that defiles us. May we always have a teachable spirit being obedient to all Your truth. May we never be guilty of repeating a slanderous word against another. Keep us full of Holy Spirit and may the fruit of Him be in our life. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 01 Dec 2010, 12:42 pm

Jesus Christ is Lord
Devotion 12/01/2010
Prov 18:19-21 A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle. A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled. Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Verses - KJV
Prov 10:11-14 The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked. Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins. In the lips of him that hath understanding wisdom is found: but a rod is for the back of him that is void of understanding. Wise men lay up knowledge: but the mouth of the foolish is near destruction.

My Thoughts and Comments
Are we as careful of what we say to others as we desire them to be careful of what they say to us? Do we understand that our words are very powerful? Are we careful of what we say about ourselves?
God's Words created the heavens, the earth and all that is in them. Our words have much power in them. Death and life are in the power of our tongue! Let's be sure that our words are giving life and not death!
Rom 8:8-9 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Sad, but many of God's children have not received this promise into their lives. They confess that they are just flesh and God knows that; so they keep on sinning and blaming it on their flesh! They believe the part where it says "flesh cannot please God" But don't read on and find they should be in the Spirit!
When we read the Word of God and it says, "We are the righteousness of God in Christ"; do we believe it and confess it out loud? Your spirit heard it - now let your flesh hear it! You might say "Why is that important"? Because if you are in Christ, with His Spirit in you, you are in the Spirit - not in the flesh! Your spirit needs to tell your flesh what you are - not let your flesh tell you what you are! Beloved, the Spirit of God (The Word of God is Spirit) tells us what we are because Christ is in us.
When we tell some what the Word of God says - they come back with something like this. I know we should - but we can't live like that. Beloved, that is flesh talking. The one dwelling in the Spirit says "I can do all things through Christ who strengths me". The one in the Spirit knows that it is not him that lives but Christ in Him that lives! Praise the Lord forever!
The one who is in the Spirit confesses the Word of God is truth. He speaks it against the adversary. It becomes the sword of the Spirit to them. They fight their battles with that sword. They pray for those who are despiteful to them. They bless those who curse them. They minister life, not death. They are peacemakers not trouble makers. They become doers of all the Word of God. They allow the Spirit of God within them to say His Words and stop talking doubt and unbelief. They believe all things are possible to those who believe. They live, and talk accordingly. Meditate on it!

Prayer
Lord God, help us to be mindful of the words we say. Not only the words we say about ourselves but also what we say to others. Are we stirring up strife or being a peacemaker? May Holy Spirit direct us in everything. We ask, believe we receive and give thanks in Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 30 Nov 2010, 2:44 pm

Devotion 11/30/2010
Psa 119:7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
Psa 49:6-11 They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches; None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him: (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:) That he should still live for ever, and not see corruption. For he seeth that wise men die, likewise the fool and the brutish person perish, and leave their wealth to others. Their inward thought is, that their houses shall continue for ever, and their dwelling places to all generations; they call their lands after their own names.

Verses - KJV
Prov 10:7-9 The memory of the just is blessed: but the name of the wicked shall rot. The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall. He that walketh uprightly walketh surely: but he that perverteth his ways shall be known.

My Thoughts and Comments
Can we see, from the above verses, that it is not pleasing to God for anyone to think they, by their wisdom, attained lands and material wealth; but fail to thank God for it? What do we desire for others to remember about us, when we are gone?
When we leave this world, it's good to leave material blessings to our loved ones. It should also include a good memory of us, as well. If we live a just, obedient life, our memory will be blessed of the Lord.
If we do not, our name will rot and leave a bad taste in the thoughts of those left behind. Notice the scripture says the wise in heart will receive commandments but a fool will not. Strong words but never the less true.
We may fool others but we will never fool God. He knows all about even the so called, private thoughts we entertain. Want to walk a sure path with no stumbling? Then walk upright before God and man. When we do, our memory will be blessed.
Num 32:23 But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out. We may fool others into thinking we are living upright in the Lord, even have a great position in the church, but make sure of this. If you live in sin it will find you out. The Word of God says so! Sad, but we have seen it happen to many in this generation.
We use to sing a song that went something like this - "There is an eye watching you"! Beloved, God knows the very intents of your heart. He will reward you for obedience and chastise you for disobedience.
1 John 1:4-7 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
This tells us very plainly that we can not have fellowship with the Lord and walk contrary to His Word. His Word is light and if we don't walk in His Word we walk in darkness. Beloved, only the Truth of the Word of God will set us free. Meditate on it!

Prayer
Lord God, thank You for making Your Word available to all. Give us a wise heart to receive Your instruction and become a doer of all You command. In doing so we know our memory will be blessed. Most of all we desire, when we stand before You, to hear You say "Well Done". We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in Jesus name, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 29 Nov 2010, 12:47 pm

Devotion 11/29/2010
Psa 146:2 While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
As a physician, I have seen men, after all other therapy had failed, lifted out of disease and melancholy by the serene effort of prayer. ALEXIS CARREL (1873–1944) God is perfect love and perfect wisdom. We do not pray in order to change his will, but to bring our wills into harmony with his. SIR WILLIAM TEMPLE (1628–1699) He who prays as he ought will endeavor to live as he prays.
JOHN OWEN (1616–1683)

Notice: For today we are changing the format of our devotion and giving you one written By Pastor James Ryle. It really touched our heart and thought it would yours as well.
Devotion by - Pastor James Ryle - November 29
Somebody's Prayin'
"Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then can condemn? No one. Christ Jesus who died - more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also praying for us!" (Romans 8:33-34, TNIV).
What a thought! Jesus Himself is even now at God's right hand in heaven praying for YOU. Therefore, no weapon formed against you can prosper. No one who rises up to condemn you can succeed. No accuser can stand — for Jesus has got you covered!
Note: If you would like the listen to this song - click here.
One of my favorite songs by Ricky Skaggs is Somebody's Prayin' — here are the lyrics. May today for you be filled with the overwhelming sense of the Lord's personal care for you life!
"Somebody's prayin, I can feel it. Somebody's prayin' for me. Mighty hands are guiding me to protect me from what I can't see. Lord I believe, Lord I believe that somebody's prayin', for me.
"Angels are watchin', I can feel it. Angels are watchin' over me. There's many miles ahead 'til I get home, still I'm safely kept before your throne, 'Cause Lord I believe, Lord I believe Your angels are watchin' over me.
"Well, I've walked through barren wilderness When my pillow was a stone, and I've been through the darkest caverns Where no light had ever shown. Still I went on 'cause there was someone Who was down on their knees. And Lord, I thank you for those people prayin' all this time for me.
"Somebody's prayin', I can feel it Somebody's prayin' for me. Mighty hands are guiding me to protect me from what I can't see. Lord I believe; Lord I believe — Somebody's prayin' for me..."
Are you prayin' for somebody? It would mean more than you can imagine if you would let them know it.
Know this - to all who visit our web site and are on our mail list we pray most every day for you. Charles & Datha.
Meditate on it!

Prayer
Holy Father, forgive us when our prayers always concern us and not others who are in need of our prayers. Lay the needs of others on our heart so we can effectively pray for them as well. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 27 Nov 2010, 4:18 pm

Christ Centered
Devotion 11/27/2010
Psa 138:1 I will praise thee with my whole heart: before
the gods will I sing praise unto thee.
Prov 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and
when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Verses - KJV
Prov 10:1 The proverbs of Solomon. A wise son maketh a
glad father: but a foolish son is the heaviness of his
mother.

My Thoughts and Comments
What are parents training their children by in this
generation? Is it according to the Word of God or by some
other book they have read? Why are there so many children
who will not obey their parents or any one else?

2 Tim 3:1-7 This know also, that in the last days perilous
times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own
selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers,
disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural
affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce,
despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady,
highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:
from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into
houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away
with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come
to the knowledge of the truth.

Notice, in the midst of the things they are happening in
these last days is "disobedience to parents". Beloved,
that only happens when parents don't raise their children
to be obedient to them and those in authority! When
parents become lovers of themselves they won't love the Lord or
their children!

As I was growing up and I got in trouble at school - I was
in trouble at home as well! My parents didn't go jump on
the teachers they got after me! If I got a whipping at
school, I got another one a home. If my parents caught me
in a lie I got a dose of Physiology applied to the seat of
understanding! Through this kind of training I learned to be
responsible for my actions!

Many are looking to physiology and books written by
so-called experts to find out how to raise their children.
Beloved, the Bible tells us how to raise our children.
Anything that is contrary to the Bible way is detrimental,
to not only our children but ourselves as well. This world would
be a vastly different place if all children were raised
and trained by parents who loved the Lord and their
children, given them by the Lord.

The Lord is not the one causing the evil in the world. It
is people who refuse to become obedient to all the Lord
says. It boils down to this. Are we going to listen to the
Lord or to the devil? The first is life and that more
abundantly; the other is death. As for me and my house, we choose
life.

Do we love our children then train them up in the way of
the Lord. This is the parents' responsibility not the
school, not the church, not the government. The churches
can help. The schools and the government teach them
rebellion instead of obedience! Notice, I said parents. This
includes Daddy and Mother. Men it is part of your
responsibility as well! Let's not shirk our
responsibility. Meditate on it!

Prayer
Father God, thank You for setting before us life and
death. Life in Jesus Christ if we choose it or continue in death
if we don't. With our whole heart we choose life in Jesus
Christ. Give us grace to consult Your Word for everything
in our life. We ask, believe we receive and give thanks in
Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 26 Nov 2010, 8:20 am

Devotion 11/26/2010
Psa 118:28 Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee.
2 Tim 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
Verses - KJV
Prov 9:9-11 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased.
My Thoughts and Comments
How do we take it when we are corrected by some Teacher of the Word of God? Do we appreciate it or get angry with them? How do we look at doctrine? Do we see it as necessary or think it is restrictive?
All scripture is given by God for our learning, profit and instruction. Some don't like doctrine but the Bible is full of doctrine. It is man made doctrines we must avoid as they will lead to more and more ungodly living.
When we go for a drivers license there are rules we must know it get it. We must keep those rules or lose our right to drive. Every job we get has rules to go by if we desire to keep the job. If we desire to keep out of trouble with the law; there are rules to go by or we will get in trouble.

True Bible doctrine, if lived by, will keep us in right relationship with the Lord. We dare not try to live by what we think and ask the Lord to be pleased with that! Sad but many are doing that in this generation. New - socalled - Bibles are being printed that changes the Word of God. The Bible plainly warns against that! We are not to add to or take from it. I read a few days ago that they are printing a socalled bible that takes gender out of it!
One who has the fear of the Lord in their life will desire to be taught, corrected, reproved and exhorted in the truth of the word of God. All true Bible teaching will call the hearer to live a holy life in Christ. The ones who love the Lord desire this with their whole heart. We all need instruction in righteousness. We need to learn to walk in the Spirit and not follow the flesh as we did before coming to Christ. By doing this we not only have everlasting life; we also will increase the years of our life here and now.
Any Teacher who loves the Lord and those they teach will correct those who hear by the Word of God. They will not pat you on the back and tell you it is all right to disobey the Word of God. A person who loves the Lord and desires to live accordingly will appreciate being told the truth. One who doesn't will hate you for it!
Sad, but there are whole denominations built on something that is not the Word of God! To some Jesus is not who He said He was but was a good man, even a Prophet but not the only way to God. Those who believe that and don't repent will not make it to be with the Lord! Some are trying to work their way to heaven. Some believe that if their good deeds out weight their bad deeds they will make it to heaven.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Works, good deeds, are not for salvation but rather because of salvation obtained by faith in Jesus Christ. That is a gift to be received not earned. Meditate on it!

Prayer
Father God, stir in us the true reverent fear of You. May it cause us to walk in truth giving glory and honor to You in all we do and say. May it never be said of us that we love evil but rather that we hate every evil way. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in Jesus name, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 25 Nov 2010, 11:50 am

Neh 12:46 For in the days of David and Asaph of old there were chief of the singers, and songs of praise and thanksgiving unto God.

Lev 22:29 And when ye will offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving unto the LORD, offer it at your own will.
Verses - KJV
Psa 95:2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
My Thoughts and Comments
Is Thanksgiving a one time a year thing to us or is it a daily lifestyle? Do we give thanks when we are up and everything is going our way or do we give thanks no matter how we feel or what is happening in our life? Why do we continually say "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want". Then complain and grumble about what happens in our life? Who are we complaining against? Think about it!
Psa 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
Psa 107:21-22 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.
Psa 116:16-19 O LORD, truly I am thy servant; I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid: thou hast loosed my bonds. I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD. I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people, In the courts of the Lord's house, in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Praise ye the LORD.
Phil 4:4-7 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Col 2:6-7 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
Rev 7:11-12 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
1 Th 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
In America this is Thanksgiving day. Beloved, in view of the above verses as well as many more; Christians should be living a live of thanksgiving. Complaining can become a lifestyle if we will allow it! In every thing let's give thanks, continually. Meditate on it!

Prayer
Holy Father, in heaven we come before you with thanksgiving. Thank You for making a way we could know You as Our Father through Jesus Christ, our Saviour and Lord. May our lives be a living sacrifice of continual thanks and praise unto You. We ask and give thanks in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 24 Nov 2010, 1:11 pm

Christ Centered Devotion - Devotion 11/23/2010

Psa 145:21 My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.

Psa 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Verses - KJV
Prov 8:7-9 For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips. All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them. They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.

My Thoughts and Comments
Can I say this about myself? What kind of words come out of my mouth? Are they always truth and contain no wickedness? Do my words contain anything false, course or perverse?

Do I flatter others for self gain? When I talk do I speak plain so all can understand? Am I guilty of talking out of both side of my mouth? Am I speaking the Wisdom of God or trying to give the wisdom of this world? The Lord is always listening, what does He hear?

Beloved, the wisdom of God always speaks plain and is easy to understand. He is always against sin and for righteousness. Most of the time, if not all the time, God's wisdom is opposite the wisdom of the world. Wickedness is never considered right in God's wisdom.

The only weapon we have been given, by God, is the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God. God's Word is powerful enough to overcome our enemy. His Word spoke the worlds into existence. Even today all the planets are still in a perfect orbit! It will certainly keep us going in the right direction.

The difference between the planets and us is that we have a choice. We can choose to be obedient or not. They don't have a choice! The Lord doesn't desire to force us to serve Him. He desires us to chose to serve Him with gladness and joy. By this we show our thanks for what He has made available to us.

How important are the words we speak? Let's let the Word of God answer that. Mat 12:36-37 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Our words should always be in line with the Word of God - never contrary to His Word. If the Word of God says it is one way and we say it is another - one of us is a liar! Beloved, it is not God!

The Word of God says we are the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Cor 5:21). As He is so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). In Him you are complete (Col 2:10). Ye are the body of Christ (1 Cor 12:27). Do we believe this and confess it in our everyday living. Do we live as if we truly believed it? If so, why do we confess we are just a sinner and that we sin every day? Does the body of Christ do any thing the Word of God condemns? By our words we are justified or condemned! Meditate on it!

Prayer
Holy Father, I can always hear what others say; but am I listening to what comes out of my mouth? Help me to guard what I think so what I say will always be truth. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen..

Please Pray For America and for your country according to 2 Chr. 7:14
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 23 Nov 2010, 10:58 pm

Devotion 11/22/2010
Psa 146:10 The LORD shall reign for ever, even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the LORD.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Verses - KJV
Prov 6:16-19 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
My Thoughts and Comments
What the Lord once hated does He still hate? Do we truly believe the Lord is the same yesterday, today and forever? Who will be in the lake of fire?
What the Lord once hated, He still does. We all, need to diligently search our hearts and see if we are doing any of these things. Do we have pride in our heart? Do we tell the whole truth or do we stretch or leave out part of the truth? Do we kill others with the things we do and say?
What are our thoughts centered on? Are we constantly getting into mischief. Are we bearing false witness against anyone? Do we repeat things even it we don't know them to be truth? Do we sow discord among the brethren or do we try to bring unity in the church?
Notice, Rev. 21:8, all doing these things will have their part in the lake of fire. This includes all liars! Do we have the truth abiding in our hearts and are we walking in it? Consider this diligently. Only the truth sets us free.
Sad, but many ministers refuse to warn those they teach about the things the Lord hates. They never say anything about hell and who will spend eternity there. According to them all sin is forgiven past, present and future. So many just continue in sin. This God forbids. Forgiveness is available for all sin but the sinner must repent of the sin and ask for forgiveness.
Luke 16:23-24 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. Some teach that hell is just separation from God and an inward burning. The Word of God says it is a lake of fire. The rich man was being tormented in flames of fire. I believe the Word of God. No partying, no rejoicing in hell!
1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
Those who teach it is all right to continue in sin must be ignoring these verses and others like them! These verses separates those who "profess" from those who "possess"! Meditate on it!
Prayer
Holy Father, cleanse us of everything You hate. We desire, with our whole heart to be vessels of honor unto You. Give us grace and understanding to leave alone those things mentioned in these verses. We ask, believe we receive, and give thanks in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 22 Nov 2010, 2:07 pm

Christ Centered
Devotion 11/22/2010
Psa 146:10 The LORD shall reign for ever, even thy God, O
Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the LORD.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the
abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and
sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their
part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is
the second death.
Verses - KJV
Prov 6:16-19 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea,
seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying
tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that
deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in
running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he
that soweth discord among brethren.
My Thoughts and Comments
What the Lord once hated does He still hate? Do we truly
believe the Lord is the same yesterday, today and forever?
Who will be in the lake of fire?
What the Lord once hated, He still does. We all, need to
diligently search our hearts and see if we are doing any
of these things. Do we have pride in our heart? Do we tell the
whole truth or do we stretch or leave out part of the truth? Do
we kill others with the things we do and say?
What are our thoughts centered on? Are we constantly
getting into mischief. Are we bearing false witness
against anyone? Do we repeat things even it we don't know them to
be truth? Do we sow discord among the brethren or do we try to
bring unity in the church?
Notice, Rev. 21:8, all doing these things will have their
part in the lake of fire. This includes all liars! Do we
have the truth abiding in our hearts and are we walking in
it? Consider this diligently. Only the truth sets us free.
Sad, but many ministers refuse to warn those they teach
about the things the Lord hates. They never say anything
about hell and who will spend eternity there. According to
them all sin is forgiven past, present and future. So many just
continue in sin. This God forbids. Forgiveness is available for
all sin but the sinner must repent of the sin and ask for
forgiveness.
Luke 16:23-24 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in
torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send
Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water,
and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. Some
teach that hell is just separation from God and an inward
burning. The Word of God says it is a lake of fire. The
rich man was being tormented in flames of fire. I believe the
Word of God. No partying, no rejoicing in hell!
1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the
devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son
of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of
the devil. 1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are
manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not
righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not
his brother.
Those who teach it is all right to continue in sin must be
ignoring these verses and others like them! These verses
separates those who "profess" from those who "possess"!
Meditate on it!
Prayer
Holy Father, cleanse us of everything You hate. We desire,
with our whole heart to be vessels of honor unto You. Give
us grace and understanding to leave alone those things
mentioned in these verses. We ask, believe we receive, and
give thanks in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Prayer
Lord God, thank You for the ability to work and a place to
work. Thank You for blessing all we do. We ask, believe we
receive and give thanks in Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next