World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:07 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 9:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 8:06 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 7:42 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 7:07 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 6:50 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 3:19 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 11:13 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 10:59 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:56 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:23 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 5:18 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:49 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:17 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 3:45 pm by Admin

» Short Video US campus not what you think.
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:50 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:48 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:34 pm by Admin

» Tjurkey suspend dealing with Israel
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:03 pm by Admin

» CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:01 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Tue 16 Mar 2021, 11:20 pm

March 16, 2021 at 12:01 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Genesis 21:11-21

Faithful Hearer

“The angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid; God has heard the boy crying as he lies there.” Genesis 21:17

Scripture Focus: Genesis 21:11-21

Suffering comes unbidden in some way at some point to all of us. Though the sorrows from war, famine, or natural disasters may not directly touch us, there are plenty of times that the choices of others around us do deeply affect our everyday lives.

Hagar’s life is a prime example of that. As a slave she was forced to bear a child without the covering of marriage. Later she was abandoned with her son and given only minimal provisions. When those were gone, she desperately called out to God. He heard her cry.

This biblical account from thousands of years ago strikes a chord with many people today who have been abandoned in some way—perhaps by a spouse or by a parent or by a friend. I have seen others find the comfort that Jesus promises His followers. I’ve watched Him provide financially. I’ve witnessed faith tested and made stronger. God is touched by your burdens. If you are bearing the sorrow of feeling abandoned, cry out to Jesus, the ever-faithful One who hears your cry and answers with His faithful provision.

Insight: “Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” (Hebrews 4:16)

It is our hopes and prayers that these devotions will bring people to Jesus as Savior and have a deeper meaningful relationship with the Lord.

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you feel led to become a prayer partner or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:
https://www.paypal.com/donate?token=lVWtcmOoaZ9GZpaB-NmPMcxGFZNKEHz614BebUf4sI4vcg_jAcYtF6_524IQDwRGUw29G7CCHjK-bLKw

Or contact us by replying to this email.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 15 Mar 2021, 10:19 pm

March 15, 2021 at 12:01 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Faithful to Restore

Faithful to Restore

“But the father said to his servants, Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet…. Let’s have a feast and celebrate.” Luke 15:22-23

Scripture Focus: Luke 15:21-24

Have you thought it curious that there is no mention in the story of The Prodigal Son of a bath or of questions about the extent of the son’s brokenness, wounds or hunger? Instead, a robe is given to cover filth and stench, restoring dignity that surely had been surrendered in his time in the far country. A ring is placed on his finger, reflecting his worth. Sandals put on bare, damaged feet enabled the son to stand firmly again. The feast provided nourishment after living in a land of famine. Restoration had begun, and how wonderful it must have been to be washed over in the father’s welcoming love! Notice the parallels to our heavenly Father’s treatment of us.

Following rebellion in his youth, He was welcomed back by loving parents. He learned to walk in Christ’s righteousness as they covered him in a “robe” of forgiveness. I have witnessed many examples of the restorative power of Christ’s forgiveness. It’s a privilege to come alongside of others in this walk of faith, offering to them what we ourselves have received.
Insight: “Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently.” (Galatians 6:1)

It is our hopes and prayers that these devotions will bring people to Jesus as Savior and have a deeper meaningful relationship with the Lord.

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you feel led to become a prayer partner or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:
https://www.paypal.com/donate?token=lVWtcmOoaZ9GZpaB-NmPMcxGFZNKEHz614BebUf4sI4vcg_jAcYtF6_524IQDwRGUw29G7CCHjK-bLKw

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 11 Mar 2021, 11:48 pm

March 11, 2021 at 12:02 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  The Faithful Father

The Faithful Father

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.” Luke 15:20

Scripture Focus: Luke 15:11-32

Of all the stories Jesus told, the parable called “The Lost Son” is my favorite. Two sons appear in the story from which many life applications have been drawn. Who of us can’t identify with the hard-working and reliable elder brother? We understand his bitterness and resentment, though they left him outside of the party.

The greedy, self-seeking younger son was in no way presented as a role model, but some of us can identify with him anyway. The story reached a climactic point as he came to his senses, repented, and returned to his father with no expectations or anticipation of privilege.

Actually, the main character in the story is the father. He demonstrates forgiveness, compassion, and extravagant love for both sons. Jesus was revealing the heart of our Heavenly Father, the compassionate One who forsook all and came to earth to pursue us. While the running father in the parable left behind all propriety, reputation, and status to go after his son, our faithful Father left the splendor of heaven to rescue us.

Insight: “How deep the Father’s love for us/ How vast beyond all measure/ That He should give His only Son/ To make a wretch His treasure.” (Stuart Townend, 1995)

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 08 Mar 2021, 11:14 pm

March 05, 2021 at 3:19 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Faithful to Forgive

Faithful to Forgive

“Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.” Psalm 51:1

Scripture Focus: Psalm 51

While many people listed in Old and New Testament genealogies are not well known, others are quite familiar and memorable. One such person is David, listed in the book of Matthew in the genealogy of Jesus Christ. The stories about David are numerous: the boy who killed the giant, the shepherd boy, the friend, the warrior, and the king. Bethlehem is known as the city of David.

But David did not live a spotless life. He did, in fact, commit adultery and murder, among other sins. Yet he is referred to in the Bible as a man after God’s own heart (see 1 Samuel 13:14). When confronted by the prophet Nathan, he acknowledged his sinfulness. His Psalm 51 prayer reflects the heart of humility that led to repentance and restoration.
How beautiful the spirit of humility is. It softens hearts, heals broken relationships, restores respect, and renews intimacy with our Lord. Jesus taught His disciples to pray, “Forgive us our debts as we also have forgiven our debtors.” Pride dissipates when there is humility of heart

Insight: “If my people… will humble themselves and pray… and turn from their wicked ways, then will I… forgive their sin.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 05 Mar 2021, 10:41 pm

Faithful Provider

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.” Luke 12:22

Scripture Focus: Luke 12:22-34

Jesus’ words call us to recognize that life is about more than the basic necessities. His beautiful word pictures in the text about the birds of the air making no provision for their needs but being fed by God, and the lilies and grasses growing without self-effort are reminders of His care.

Presently, daily provision is not a consuming worry in my life. However, there was a time when it was. My husband had left the business world to enter ministry when we had three small children, a mortgage, and other financial demands. When a broken furnace or unexpected car repair popped up, I could plunge into anxiety.

But I found what I needed in Paul’s words to the Philippians: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (4:6-7). Living in that truth has resulted in seeing God’s faithfulness in tangible, practical ways.

Insight: “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” (Matthew 7:7)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 04 Mar 2021, 4:41 pm

Topic: +DEV+  Seasons of Faithfulness

Seasons of Faithfulness

“He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.” Ecclesiastes 3:11

Scripture Focus: Ecclesiastes 3:1-14

There is something wondrous about the changing seasons of nature. Who has not longed for spring after a long, bleak winter? Not even a week into January, many of us are longing for the next season. Of course, months from now after a hot and busy summer, we’ll welcome fall. After the glowing colors of the fall season, I even enjoy the beauty seen in the starkness of bare trees. They remind me of old age when much that clothed the person has been stripped away, portraying true character.

I recall an experience shared with my godly mother when she was in that season of life. While visiting a woman dying an untimely death from cancer, she looked at my mother and proclaimed, “Isn’t she beautiful? She looks like an angel.” There was a radiance about my mother who had come to faith in Jesus as an adult and lived from then on in loving obedience. His beauty was upon her.

Joys and sorrows experienced on my own journey have always been covered by God’s faithfulness. He provides and protects us through all seasons of life.

Insight: “His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.” (Psalm 91:4b)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 19 Feb 2021, 6:39 pm

February 19, 2021 at 1:25 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Compassions Never Fail

Compassions Never Fail

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  Lamentations 3:22-23

Scripture Focus: Lamentations 3

As the new year continues to unfold I find myself dealing with regrets of my own over sins and rebellion from the past year. How many times have I wounded others with words or actions? How often have I judged others? What about impure motives or other secret sins? I can become consumed over my failures to live out God's love and truth. 

But hope is found in the recognition of His love and compassion. The book of Lamentations is really an expression of grief over the consequences of the sin and rebellion of the nation of Israel. Despite it all, there are the mercies of God, new each day. 

As I come to the Lord morning by morning, I find those mercies are available to me. They are there for you, too! Remember that Peter blatantly betrayed and denied Jesus, yet was fully forgiven. After the resurrection he was assured of Jesus' love and acceptance. There is no greater gift than the gift of forgiveness. 

Thanks be to Jesus who loved us and gave Himself for us so that we can be forgiven and walk into this new year in fellowship with Him.

Insight: "If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O LORD, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared." (Psalm 130:3-4)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 06 Jan 2021, 1:56 pm

Date: January 6, 2021 at 1:24 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  The Lord’s Servant

The Lord’s Servant

“While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!” Matthew 17:5

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 42:1-4

The Lord first promised a Savior to Adam. He promised a son to Abraham and an everlasting kingdom to David. None of these knew that they were receiving part of one great and universal promise. When Isaiah wrote some 700 years before Christ about the Lord’s chosen Servant, a leader empowered by God’s Spirit, he also did not know that the promised Messiah would be the very Son of God who would live and die to save us.

The Bible’s teaching on the Trinity—that God is one being in three persons—is a profound mystery. We struggle to understand it fully. But we can know from today’s reading that God, His Servant/Son, and His Spirit, are all together in unity of purpose. That purpose is to bring justice to all the earth and to show mercy to the weak and wounded. As sinners we may rightly fear God’s justice, but as those who also are bruised and faint, we can depend on His mercy.

Insight: The Lord’s Servant (Jesus) never grows tired or discouraged. He steadfastly does what must be done to save His chosen people, even to die for them.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 31 Dec 2020, 11:48 pm

Topic: +DEV+  Why We Oppose God’s Spirit

Why We Oppose God’s Spirit

“The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.” Romans 8:6-7

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 29:22-30:3

When we think of the Old Testament prophets of the Bible, we often think of odd characters who made scary threats and even scarier predictions about the future. But everything the prophets said is from God’s Spirit and is recorded in Scripture for our good even today.

The strongest, sternest things they might say are to protect us from the grave harm that comes when we think we can go our own way without God. Ever since Adam first disobeyed God, humanity has followed him in rebelling against our Creator. We want to be in charge. In our confused, twisted thinking, we believe somehow that we are up to the task. How could we possibly be big enough, smart enough, or strong enough to handle a whole world of sin?

But God in Jesus saves us from sin and points us in a new direction. By His Holy Spirit, God gives us the desire and ability to understand and follow His plan rather than our own. God shows us that plan in His Word. When we follow His Spirit, even the odd and scary prophets become wise and trusted friends.

Insight: The mind controlled by the Spirit of God is life & peace. (Romans 8:7)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 29 Dec 2020, 3:09 pm

Date: December 29, 2020 at 12:09 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  God of Glory, Pt. 2

God of Glory, Pt. 2

“After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting: ‘Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God.’” Revelation 19:1

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 12:1-10

God is glorious! What a fitting way to end a month of meditations on His attributes. “May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you” (Psalm 67:5). This is the conclusion we come to in light of who God is.

Yet for us in everyday life, living by faith and resting in who God is can be very difficult. If we are in the midst of great heartache and sorrow, it is hard to believe that God is good, righteous, immutable, or impassible—if on the rare occasion those words even come to mind at all.

The good news for you today in the midst of agony, joy, or something in between is that God is unchangeable. He will keep displaying His character and His glory in your life. This may look primarily like the grace, unconditional love, and mercy that get you through another day. But even in the darkest of times, you will know the voice of Jesus saying to you, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness” (2 Corinthians 12:9). For this and all of His attributes, to God be the glory!

Insight: May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you. (Psalm 67:5)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 28 Dec 2020, 11:40 pm

Date: December 28, 2020 at 1:38 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Glory, Pt. 1

Glory, Pt. 1

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31

Scripture Focus: Psalm 104

I hope that meditating on the various attributes of God has led you to a deeper level of trust. Your Father in heaven is good, and He is on your side. His glory and His ways are beyond us (Isaiah 55:8-9). We only know God and His attributes as He’s revealed Himself in the story of creation and redemption. Our own speculations or theories do not tell us who God is. We would do well to note the ancient believer who wrote Psalm 104. He declares the truth of God’s glory through meditating on His creative work in the world. “How many are your works, O LORD! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures” (vs. 24).

This psalm is a blueprint for how to enjoy God’s glory. Glorying in Him can look like breakfast with a friend, an evening walk, a chorus sung at church, or a movie with the kids. In all of these ways, we enjoy the righteousness, goodness, and self-existence of the One to whom all creatures look (vs. 27).

Insight: Let’s try to train ourselves to enjoy God’s glory in the daily rhythms of life.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 25 Dec 2020, 12:35 am

Date: December 23, 2020 at 8:34 PM CST
Topic: +DEV+  God’s Perfection

God’s Perfection

“Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.” Matthew 5:48

Scripture Focus: Psalm 113:1-9

As we near the end of a month of considering the attributes of God, it is worth pondering how all of these attributes fit together. You might say they are all wrapped up in His perfection. This perfection is not just limited to moral purity. It means there is nothing greater or more exalted than God. If God is God, He will indeed be nothing less than perfect.

The psalmist pronounces, “The LORD is exalted over all the nations, his glory above the heavens” (vs. 4). This leads him to ask rhetorically, “Who is like the LORD our God, the One who sits enthroned on high, who stoops down to look on the heavens and the earth?” (vs. 5-6) Amazingly, this God who is exalted over all the nations “raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap” (vs. 7).

God’s perfection is particularly made known to us in His coming down and saving us out of our own “ash heap” of neediness. His plan was perfect. We respond in praise: “As for God, his way is perfect… he is a shield for all who take refuge in him” (Psalm 18:30).

Insight: God is a shield for all who take refuge in him” (Psalm 18:30).

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 21 Dec 2020, 9:30 pm

Date: December 21, 2020 at 1:59 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  God’s Jealousy

God’s Jealousy

“[They] abandoned the God who made [them] and rejected the Rock their Savior. They made him jealous with their foreign gods and angered him with their detestable idols.” Deuteronomy 32:15b-16

Scripture Focus: Exodus 20:1-6

God’s jealousy is related to His wrath. Both are just responses to sin and disobedience; both flow from His goodness and righteousness. I know the sorts of things that have made me jealous at one time or another, and I’m certain that never has my jealousy been good. So how do we understand God’s jealousy?

Think back to the giving of the Ten Commandments. God had delivered Israel out of Egypt (Exodus 20:2) and claimed them as His own (v. 5). This is the context in which God is jealous. His just jealousy is roused when His beloved children go after other gods. As a spouse is rightfully jealous at the thought of unfaithfulness by their beloved, so, too, God is jealous for His people.

It’s good news that God is jealous for us. It shows us how much He loves us. Because of who we are in Christ, we are never the objects of condemning wrath. We are the recipients of the rightful jealousy of our God. He only disciplines us with the end of restoring us. Then we can fully enjoy the intimacy with Him that He won for us at the cross.

Insight: As a spouse is rightfully jealous at the thought of unfaithfulness by their beloved, so, too, God is jealous for His people.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 10 Dec 2020, 10:27 pm

Date: December 10, 2020 at 2:45 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  God’s Wrath Against Sin

God’s Wrath Against Sin

“God is a righteous judge, a God who expresses his wrath every day.” Psalm 7:11

Scripture Focus: Romans 1:18-32

This attribute about God no doubt makes us all a little uncomfortable. Perhaps it feels to you like we’ve worked through the comforting characteristics of the Lord only to be “baited and switched” now at the end. But this is the time to remember that all of His other attributes show us what to make of His wrath. That is, God’s wrath is not an outburst of sinful anger like yours or mine would be. Rather, it comes out of His perfect love, goodness, and righteousness.

Paul writes that the wrath of God is “against all the godlessness and wickedness of men” (Romans 1:18). His anger is revealed purely against anything that does not reflect His goodness: “envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice… gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful” (vs. 29-30).

Thankfully, Paul tells us later of “the redemption that came by Christ Jesus” (vs. 24) whom God put forward “as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood” (vs. 25). Because of that astounding sacrifice, God’s wrath is turned away from you and me.

Insight: God is merciful and compassionate, and slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. (Psalm 103:8)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 09 Dec 2020, 3:15 pm

Date: December 9, 2020 at 1:13 AM CST
Topic: +DEV+  Righteousness, Pt. 2

Righteousness, Pt. 2

“‘No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me,’ declares the LORD.” Isaiah 54:17

Scripture Focus: Romans 3:21-31

When a deal seems too good to be true, we usually need only to look at the fine print and see that there is a catch. Not so with God! When He offers us His perfect righteousness, the “amazing deal” really is as good as it says. Furthermore, His perfect righteousness marks who He is as a judge, as well. One day all evil will be judged and all will be made right. This is extremely comforting news for those who are oppressed, taken advantage of, or silenced unlawfully.
In the grand scheme of our lives, we also know we need God to be righteous not by another standard of righteousness (His law), but by another mode: free grace. How else could we ever withstand His judgment? This way of salvation is in keeping with both God’s love and His righteousness. Therefore He is at once the “just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus” (Romans 3:26).
Because of Jesus’ shed blood, God declares us righteous. And one of the beautiful aspects of God’s righteousness is there is no “fine print” to worry about. It’s settled!

Insight:  there is no “fine print” to worry about. Once God declares us righteous, we’re righteous!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 08 Dec 2020, 10:41 pm

Date: December 8, 2020 at 1:00 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Righteousness, Pt. 1

Righteousness, Pt. 1

“He remembers his covenant forever, the promise he made, for a thousand generations, the covenant he made with Abraham, the oath he swore to Isaac.” Psalm 105:8-9

Scripture Focus: Deuteronomy 9:1-6

Noah, Abram, Lot, John the Baptist, Simeon—the Bible refers to these men as righteous. So can we be considered righteous, too? Not as we are in our sin! These men—good as they were—struggled in their sin and were just as far from the righteousness of God as you are or I am.

God’s righteousness is seen in both His judgment of sin (Romans 3:5) and His way of saving. He judges perfectly, and He saves freely, offering salvation as a gift. The righteousness of God permeates all that He is. But the righteousness that you and I may have barely begins to cover over our sinful nature. Even our best deeds are little more that dirty rags (Isaiah 64:6).

We’re not saved from sin because of our own righteousness but because of God’s. Look at His faithful promises made to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Deuteronomy 9:5), promises kept throughout history and into our own lives. We can’t deliver ourselves. But the Lord’s righteousness becomes ours, and it is an uprightness that far outshines any “good” person we read of in the Bible.

Insight: We’re not saved from sin because of our own righteousness but because of God’s. 

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.#

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 08 Dec 2020, 12:00 am

Date: December 7, 2020 at 1:41 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  God’s Holiness, Pt. 2

God’s Holiness, Pt. 2
“I will not carry out my fierce anger, nor will I turn and devastate Ephraim. For I am God, and not a man—the Holy One among you. I will not come in wrath.” Hosea 11:9

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 6:1-13

We have seen that God is holy in His distinctiveness from His creation. We know that He sets us apart for Himself, and this is not something we take for granted. God is not just holy in His being, but He is ethically holy. That is, He is pure of all sin while we, on the other hand, are filled with sin (Romans 3:10-18).

The first words Isaiah utters upon seeing the Lord are, “‘Woe to me! … I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty’” (6:5). He was profoundly aware of his disgrace before the pure, sinless, holy God.

God’s holiness has us in the same place as Isaiah: realizing our ruin because of our sin and brokenness. But He doesn’t leave us there. Just as God’s holiness led to Isaiah’s sin being atoned for (vs. 6), so it is with us. Then Isaiah was set apart for God’s message (vs. 8-13). If that is the pattern, it’s no surprise that Jesus is our holiness (1 Corinthians 1:30) who then brings us into His mission.

Insight: Just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy because I am holy” (1 Peter 1:15,16)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 01 Dec 2020, 3:08 pm

Date: December 1, 2020 at 1:25 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  The Lord’s Patience

The Lord’s Patience

“Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.” 2 Peter 3:15

Scripture Focus: 1 Timothy 1:12-17

I used to believe I was a pretty patient person, especially with kids. But then I worked as a camp counselor for a summer during college, and I realized I wasn’t nearly as patient as I thought!

We know “patience is a virtue,” but we must remember that God’s patience, like the rest of His attributes, is not just greater than ours but transcends any ability we have to be patient with others. God’s love and goodness take the form of patience as He meets sinful people right where we are.

Peter points out above that “our Lord’s patience means salvation.” What good news that is! He bears with us in grace, mercy, love, and righteousness. Paul understood his life and ministry as an apostle to be a testimony of the grace of God towards sinners (1 Timothy 1:16).

Regardless of your story and the sin in your life, Jesus is patient with you. He’s not like we are with each other, displaying our impatience and exasperation. In His unlimited patience and rich kindness, He graciously brings us to repentance (Romans 2:4).

Insight: God’s patience = Our salvation

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 30 Nov 2020, 8:33 pm

Date: November 30, 2020 at 1:38 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  God’s Great Mercy

God’s Great Mercy

“Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old.” Psalm 25:6

Scripture Focus: Luke 18:9-14

Mercy is another attribute of God, one which we can share with Him, even despite our sinfulness. But how often we are reluctant to show mercy! I see this while I’m driving around San Diego County where there is lot of traffic. My wife will testify that I often am offended by the actions of other drivers. However, when I fail in my own standards, I quickly come up with a good explanation for it. Does that sound familiar to you in the situations of your own life? Or is showing complete mercy your default setting?

As with grace, mercy is God relating to sinful people in His goodness and love. It’s His restraint of the justice we deserve for our sin. The Luke 18 passage for today spotlights how easy it is for us to think we’re pretty good folks. We figure everyone else needs to be just a little more like us. But Jesus didn’t come to seek and save “pretty good folks.” He came for those who cry out, “God, have mercy on me, a sinner” (vs. 13).

Insight: His merciful hand extends far, even to self-righteous people like me!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 27 Nov 2020, 9:52 pm

Date: November 27, 2020 at 1:13 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Grace Upon Grace

Grace Upon Grace

“For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.” John 1:16 (ESV)

Scripture Focus: Psalm 103:1-22

Grace highlights our relationship with God. In the midst of our continual shortcomings, weaknesses, fears, and bondage to sin, the gospel of grace teaches us that God not only gives us grace but gives us Himself in grace by His Son and through His Spirit. God is constantly showering us with underserved favor for Jesus’ sake.

The comforting words of Psalm 103 remind us that “the Lord is compassionate and gracious”

(vs. 8). Because of God’s simplicity (turn back to Days 2 and 3), we are reminded that grace and graciousness are the hallmarks of our God. There is no hidden corner of God that is ungracious. Therefore, “he does not treat us as our sins deserve” (vs. 10). Furthermore, we see the relationship between His omniscience and graciousness in which He knows our weakness but is not surprised by it (vs. 13-16).

Peter was no doubt surprised by his own unfaithfulness when he denied Jesus (Luke 22:31.34; 54-62). Yet Jesus, being full of grace, already knew He would restore Peter fully (vs. 32). That’s grace upon grace!

Insight: Grace upon grace!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 26 Nov 2020, 7:39 pm

Rolla,Missouri's  'Restoration Ministry' web site will be closing as it is residing on Google.com and they will be closing down all these websites. I no longer have any ability to alter or change anything with the website “www.rollanet.org/~restore” as my web tech is no longer with us and I do not have amy passwords that work to alter/change the information. We will be trying to change web servers but have to locate one that doesn’t charge for 501c3 church web sites. 

I have copied the web sites information to use in our new website whaen it becomes available.

For now I will just add a simple link for donations to Restoration Ministry via PayPal you will see it in my signature.

This change will not affect my devotionals being sent each weekday (or as I am able to).
Lord bless each and every one of you that read my devotionals.
Thank you once again for all your support. It is what keeps us on the Internet and sending them out to you.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 24 Nov 2020, 10:24 pm

Date: November 23, 2020 at 11:26 PM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Omnipotence, Pt. 2

Omnipotence, Pt. 2

“You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.” Genesis 50:20

Scripture Focus: Acts 2:22-28 

The story that gives shape to all others in the Bible is the great story of redemption worked out by the Father through the Son and in the Holy Spirit. It’s the story of God triumphing over sin and death, through the very death of His own precious Son, Jesus. It would be merely a dream or a fairytale if it were not for God’s omnipotence. His omnipotence (which we see in glimpses in nature, in storms, etc.) is the assurance “that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28).

In the middle of Peter’s Acts 2 Pentecost sermon, we see that even with the most heinous sin ever committed—the crucifixion of the Son of God—the Lord’s purpose of salvation is accomplished. We see this is no accident, no unfortunate turn in Jesus’ ministry where He got Himself into trouble with the wrong people. It was all “according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God” (v. 23), our all-powerful King. The Lord is sovereign for our salvation and ultimate good.
Insight: “You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.” (Genesis 50:20)

http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 23 Nov 2020, 8:33 pm

Date: November 23, 2020 at 1:47 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Omnipotence, Pt. 1

Omnipotence, Pt. 1

Scripture Focus: Genesis 1:26-31 

I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase “absolute power corrupts absolutely.” It expresses the belief that as a person’s power increases, his/her moral sense diminishes. No doubt there is much truth to that in our world. Most of us are skeptical of anyone holding too much power.

But there is One who alone is all-powerful— completely sovereign over all things—and will never be corrupt in any way: God! His omnipotence is another attribute that you and I do not share. If ever you feel uncomfortable with this attribute, it’s probably because it breaks down your own sense of power, confirming that you are not the one in control of your life.

Genesis 1 teaches us that being made in God’s image means we are also given dominion as a reflection of His sovereignty (v. 26). It’s not that He must give up some control to us; His sovereignty is not in conflict with our freedom. The sovereignty of our Creator is the source of our freedom. “For in him we live and move and have our being” (Acts 17:28), reflecting His sovereignty in a small way.

Insight: “For in him we live and move and have our being” (Acts 17:28).

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 21 Nov 2020, 12:48 am

Date: November 20, 2020 at 3:37 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Omniscience, Pt. 2

Omniscience, Pt. 2

“How many are your works, O LORD! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures.” Psalm 104:24

Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 1:18-2:9 

A discussion about God’s omniscience leads to a discussion about His perfect wisdom. Wisdom is the proper use of knowledge. It’s not only knowing facts, but using that information towards the reaching of a goal. So it should be no surprise that our sinful wisdom is little more than foolishness.

Man’s wisdom is futile because he doesn’t know God (1 Corinthians 1:21). God, in His infinite knowledge and wisdom, acts in a way that is consistent with all His attributes. This is why a few verses later Paul states that he “resolved to know nothing… except Jesus Christ and him crucified” (2:2). The cross is truly the wisdom of God!

Finally, he declares God’s wisdom “a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began” (2:7). Can you comprehend how wonderful it is that God’s wisdom ends in “our glory”? We marvel along with Paul (and the prophet Isaiah hundreds of years earlier in 64:4) that “no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him” (2:9).

Insight: “no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him” (2:9).

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Nov 2020, 4:34 pm

Date: November 19, 2020 at 1:38 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Omniscience, Pt. 1

Omniscience, Pt. 1

“Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.” Hebrews 4:13

Scripture Focus: Luke 12:1-7 

As you read this, I will be finishing up my time in my personal studies and approaching the end of the order in what I had laid out. I think about all the testing I’ve endured over the years. They’ve been extremely difficult, particularly because they reveal not only what I do know, but especially what I do not know. Multiple times I’ve been tested to the end of my endurance, only to be reminded later by my knowledge is very limited, even after much studying.

In Luke 12 Jesus gives a stern warning: hypocrisy is liable to judgment because there is nothing hidden from God. Omniscience means that God knows all; He knows Himself and His creation perfectly, and there is nothing apart from His knowledge. In other words, God has nothing to learn.

Jesus’ strong words should lead us to rest in Him and fear Him for who He is (vs. 5). His gentle words remind us that no sparrow is forgotten (vs. 6), and neither are we.

Insight: Down to the hairs on our head, we are known, loved, provided for, valued, and accepted by the all-knowing God in Jesus.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next