World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:07 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 9:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 8:06 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 7:42 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 7:07 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 6:50 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 3:19 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 11:13 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 10:59 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:56 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:23 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 5:18 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:49 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:17 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 3:45 pm by Admin

» Short Video US campus not what you think.
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:50 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:48 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:34 pm by Admin

» Tjurkey suspend dealing with Israel
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:03 pm by Admin

» CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:01 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Fri 23 Apr 2021, 1:52 pm

April 23, 2021 at 12:01 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Christ’s Cure

Christ’s Cure

“Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. I am willing, he said. Be clean! Immediately he was cured of his leprosy.” Matthew 8:3

Scripture Focus: 2 Kings 5:1-15

When a prison nurse called to tell me I had been exposed to tuberculosis, I was not surprised. I assumed the exposure came from where I worked in the prison. The prisons try to control contagious diseases by placing inmates in separate cells from each other, but we usually don’t know where we contact bacteria and viruses. We share common places, turn the same door knobs, breathe the same molecules.

In Jesus’ day, those with the disease of leprosy were often separated from society, not only because they had a sickness, but also because it was believed that lepers had committed some sin. The powerful commander Naaman asked God to cure his leprosy, and he received a humble (and humbling) way to cure it.

We are often given small, simple ways to believe in God’s power. He is nearby wherever you are— in a prison cell, in your office, on the street. Turn to Him and be washed in Jesus’ blood. God’s grace is sufficient to break down the walls that imprison us, to snuff out whatever it is that makes us unclean, and to heal us of our sin.

Insight: No one is exempt from sin’s disease. When we come to Jesus, He washes us clean. Only God is powerful to save us.

It is our hopes and prayers that these devotions will bring people to Jesus as Savior and have a deeper meaningful relationship with the Lord.

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you feel led to become a prayer partner or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:
https://www.paypal.com/donate?token=lVWtcmOoaZ9GZpaB-NmPMcxGFZNKEHz614BebUf4sI4vcg_jAcYtF6_524IQDwRGUw29G7CCHjK-bLKw

Or contact us by replying to this email.
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 22 Apr 2021, 11:10 pm

Topic: +DEV+  Faithful to Bless

Faithful to Bless

“I myself will tend my sheep and have them lie down, declares the Sovereign LORD. “Ezekiel 34:15

Scripture Focus: Ezekiel 34:25-31

In 1883 D.W. Whittle wrote, “There shall be showers of blessing; This is the promise of love; There shall be seasons refreshing; Sent from the Savior above.” The words of this hymn were inspired by the book of Ezekiel.

Twelve years of exile had gone by since the fall of Jerusalem, and there seemed to be little reason to hope. The spiritual shepherds of Israel had ceased caring for the people and were only taking care of themselves, becoming false shepherds. Ezekiel declared that God Himself would be the Shepherd of Israel. Jeremiah also had spoken words of prophecy to Israel. He instructed them to make a life while in Babylon, building houses, raising families, and planting gardens. Even beyond that, they were to seek peace and prosperity while exiled.

Regardless of the type of “exile” in which we find ourselves, we can look to Jesus who has faithfully blessed us through times of plenty and of want. We can live expectantly, knowing He is always faithful to pour water on the dry ground of our thirsty souls.

Insight: “I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing.” (Ezekiel 34:26b)

It is our hopes and prayers that these devotions will bring people to Jesus as Savior and have a deeper meaningful relationship with the Lord.

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you feel led to become a prayer partner or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:
https://www.paypal.com/donate?token=lVWtcmOoaZ9GZpaB-NmPMcxGFZNKEHz614BebUf4sI4vcg_jAcYtF6_524IQDwRGUw29G7CCHjK-bLKw

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 21 Apr 2021, 3:09 pm

April 21, 2021 at 12:01 AM CST
Topic: +DEV+  Faithful in Generosity

Faithful in Generosity

“But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.” 1 Timothy 6:6-7

Scripture Focus: 1 Timothy 6:6-21

Jesus was asked by a young man what must be done to have eternal life. Although having kept all the commandments, he still was missing one thing, Jesus said. He instructed the man to sell his possessions, give to the poor, lay up treasure in heaven, and come follow Him. The disciples were astonished to hear such a teaching. It was more figurative than literal, reflecting an attitude of generosity. By choosing stewardship we acknowledge that all comes from the hand of God. And we are free to be wholeheartedly devoted to Him.

The concept of generosity is threaded throughout Scripture, from various Old Testament stories, to insights in the Psalms and Proverbs about being generous, to accounts of early New Testament believers sharing all in common. In his letters Paul warned that the love of money is a root of evil.

My Grandparents weathered the Great Depression. I was taught by word and example that frugality and generosity are not incompatible. We can freely give to others because our dependence is on God rather than on money.

Insight: “Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.” (1 Timothy 6:18)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Apr 2021, 10:58 pm

Faithful to the Weary

“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. …Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.” Isaiah 40:29, 31

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 40:28-31

If you’ve been a caregiver of any kind, you know how utterly exhausting it can be, even when the one you’re caring for is a loved one. Robertson McQuilkin, the former president of Columbia Bible College, resigned from his position in 1990 to care for his wife Muriel as she slipped into dementia. His journey began by helping her with all the little things she’d forget. But before long, he needed to tend to every basic need she had. Eventually, she no longer could speak or even recognize him as her husband. Though not denying growing weary, his writings reflect the faithfulness of the Lord to renew his strength. And through that faithfulness, McQuilkin could say, “She is such a delight to me. I don’t have to care for her; I get to.”

Paul exhorts the believers in Galatia to not become weary in doing good, especially when it involves those in the family of God. He says that a harvest of righteousness will come in due time. As you care for others, look to Jesus and thank Him that He never grows weary in caring for you.

Insight: “Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” (Matthew 11:29)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 19 Apr 2021, 8:22 pm

April 19, 2021 at 12:55 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Faithful in Wisdom

Faithful in Wisdom

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. James 3:17

Scripture Focus: James 3:13-18

The evening primrose is a lovely flower, blooming heartily in most any soil. I encountered it thriving next to the foundation of my son’s home in northern California, so I inquired about bringing a few plantings back home to Virginia. He firmly warned me not to even consider this because the plant is extremely invasive and could not be contained or destroyed. Ignoring his warning, I now have clear evidence of that truth in my gardens several years later!

Quarrels can be like that, too. James says that we want something but don’t get it, so we quarrel and fight instead of asking God to meet the need. Taking matters into our own hands may lead to more conflict. “Starting a quarrel is like breaching a dam; so drop the matter before a dispute breaks out” (Proverbs 17:14). Our foolishness can spill out like water over a dam or spread like an invasive plant.

The Spirit of Christ living in us gives us the power to walk the paths of wisdom and righteousness. Let His faithful wisdom take root, grow, and spread.

Insight: “Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.” (James 3:18)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Apr 2021, 5:48 pm

April 16, 2021 at 2:15 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Our Faithful Conqueror

Our Faithful Conqueror

“I am convinced that neither death nor life… neither the present nor the future, nor any powers… will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord” Romans 8:38-39

Scripture Focus: Romans 8:28-39

The knowledge of God’s unceasing love is foundational to the stability of my life. Yet at times I feel like I’m running on empty, drained by the negative experiences of life. “Why is this happening?” I cry. Like Job I ask, “Have I not walked in faithfulness and truth?”

Moments like these draw me back to Jesus, the Living Word, and to the truth of the written Word. Paul tells the believers at Rome that God’s goal for them is to be conformed to the likeness of Jesus, the firstborn among many brothers. We are to share in the fellowship of Christ’s sufferings. His “divine conspiracy” is to make us more like Christ and to let us share in His glory. We might not always enjoy or appreciate the process, but He is at work.

We often let our sufferings result in hardness of heart, bitterness, blame, and even defiling others. But the furnace of affliction refines and purifies as God does His work in us. We find that we can conquer, but only because our faithful Conqueror triumphed over suffering, sin, and death for us.

Insight: “For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.” (Romans 8:29)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 15 Apr 2021, 7:59 pm

April 15, 2021 at 1:56 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Hope for Tomorrow
Hope for Tomorrow

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Scripture Focus: Romans 15:1-13

I listened to someone with stage four cancer speak to his audience. He was facing reality as the doctor stood with test results in hand, saying, “I wish I could give you more hope.” The patient replied, “Oh, I already have hope. I just need help for my journey.” Later, wondering how to answer the “How are you?” question of many caring friends, he formulated this answer: “I am grateful.”

This reminds me a bit of Paul who acknowledged his departure was at hand and spoke words that ring of hope. “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing” (2 Timothy 4:7-8).

God’s faithfulness to us is so great that we have bright hope for tomorrow. Though dark days loom ahead, His faithfulness sees us through. For all who place their hope in the atoning work of Jesus, He promises to carry us safely home.

Insight: “For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever.” (Psalm 117:2)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 13 Apr 2021, 10:59 pm

April 13, 2021 at 1:26 AM CST
Topic: +DEV+  Faithful Comforter

Faithful Comforter

Then Jesus said, ‘Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God? John 11:40

Scripture Focus: John 11:17-44

Mary, Martha, and Lazarus were close friends of Jesus and were known to share meals with Him. While Martha took charge of food preparation, Mary chose relationship over housework. Not pleased about that, Martha appealed to Jesus to admonish Mary to take her share of responsibility. But Jesus defended Mary, saying that she had made the better choice of enjoying Him.

Later when Lazarus became deathly ill, they sent for Jesus to heal him. But Jesus did not immediately show up. Their dear brother— probably their means of support—died. Once Jesus did arrive, they saw His deep grief; they heard Him weep. His calling Lazarus to come forth from the grave is one of the most well-known Bible stories of all time.

Not all of our disappointments have positive outcomes. God uses them anyway to show His glory. Lazarus’s death and resurrection were pointing to the greater resurrection that was coming. Might it be that the trials and challenges to our faith are pointing us to Jesus, the faithful Comforter who can see us through?

Insight: “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.” (Matthew 5:4)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 12 Apr 2021, 1:12 pm

April 12, 2021 at 2:59 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+ Faithful to Cheer & Guide

Faithful to Cheer & Guide

Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:19-20#

Scripture Focus: Ephesians 5:8-21

Paul provided much-needed instruction to the early believers for their new life in Christ. He made many journeys to these churches and later continued to teach from the confines of prison. The phrase “putting shoe leather to faith” could well describe his exhortations. He reminded those in Corinth that their old lives were becoming new.

Paul also cautioned the Ephesians not to be foolish. He urged them to be filled with the Spirit of God rather than getting drunk on wine. And He pressed them to submit to God and to one another. You certainly could say that Paul was faithful to cheer on and guide the new believers in Jesus.

He urges us, too, to be glad in our hearts as we “speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs” (v. 19a). These are not outdated words. Even in today’s world you can hearten another person through Scripture verses (as in the book of Psalms) and song lyrics that have spoken deeply to you. Why are we able to do this? Because our Savior is faithful to cheer and guide us.

Insight: “Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide/ Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow/ Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside.” (Thomas O. Chisholm, 1923)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 08 Apr 2021, 6:54 pm

April 8, 2021 at 2:39 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Faithfully Planted

Faithfully Planted

“But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on His law he meditates day and night.” Psalm 1:2

Scripture Focus: Psalm 1

Nearly all the time we are meditating on or thinking about something. But we have a choice about what we meditate upon. The mind is active; if not directed, it will often seek the lowest level. Worries and fears can occupy our minds fully with very little bidding.

Psalm 1 is instructive to us about what we would dwell on. It’s rich in promises to those who choose to make God’s Word their meditation. Stability, fruitfulness, endurance, prosperity, protection, and watchful care come to us when we meditate on God’s Word. Yet we don’t do this under compulsion. Instead, we find genuine delight in the Lord.

Many disciples turned back from following Jesus. When Jesus asked the twelve if they also wanted to leave Him, Peter answered, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God” (John 6:68-69). Jesus, who Himself is the Word, wants us to refuse the counsel of the wicked and the way of sinners and mockers and be planted forever, faithfully in Him.

Insight: “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.” (Psalm 19:14)

It is our hopes and prayers that these devotions will bring people to Jesus as Savior and have a deeper meaningful relationship with the Lord

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 07 Apr 2021, 8:16 pm

April 7, 2021 at 2:30 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Faithful to Quench Thirst

Faithful to Quench Thirst

“But whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” John 4:14

Scripture Focus: John 4:1-26

In this passage Jesus is resting by Jacob’s well in Samaria, waiting for His disciples. Those living in Samaria knew that Jews and Samaritans simply did not associate with one another. But this didn’t prevent Jesus from asking the Samaritan woman—who quickly reminded Him of that custom—to draw water to quench His thirst.

The conversation turned quite naturally to water. Her water jars needed to be filled, but Jesus saw the emptiness of her soul and spoke of a water so satisfying that she would not need to return to the well again and again. Jesus exposed the truth of her life that, having had five husbands, she now was with yet another man. Then Jesus revealed that He is the Messiah. Believing, she left her water pots and ran back to the town to proclaim what she knew. Many believed in Him because of her testimony.

People chase after fuller, richer lives in all sorts of ways. Share the Living Water, Jesus Christ, with those thirsting for hope and meaning. In no other place will their deep thirst be satisfied.

Insight: “Now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.” (John 4:42)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 06 Apr 2021, 9:19 pm

April 6, 2021 at 2:00 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  The Day After

The Day After

"I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds."   Psalm 77:11-12

Scripture Focus: Psalm 77

The day after the crucifixion must have been the worst day ever for the disciples. They were behind locked doors for "fear of the Jews" (John 20:19). They were mourning and weeping (Mark 16:10). By their reactions to the risen Christ, we know they were not considering the possibility of Jesus' resurrection. 

After three years of seeing amazing miracles and hearing astounding teaching, they went from fishers of men to fearing being hunted by men. This Sabbath was a day of deep grief. If today is a day of grief for you, check out Psalm 77. The first part describes a man in anguish. But the second part shows him recalling the mighty works and miracles of God. He pondered God's holiness and power shown in the past. 

He focused on redemption in the present. Let Easter be a season that brings true comfort to you. What greater miracle is there than the resurrection? What greater display of God's power and holiness is there than the resurrection? What greater hope is there than our redemption and promised resurrection?

Insight: "May the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you." (2 Thessalonians 3:16)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 05 Apr 2021, 1:50 pm

April 5 2021 at 2:58 AM CST
Topic: +DEV+  More Than 500 Witnesses
More Than 500 Witnesses

"...he appeared to Peter and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still liv-ing, though some have fallen asleep." (1 Corinthians 15:5-6)
Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 15:3-22
The essence of the Christian faith is rooted not merely in what happened when the Lord died, in the beautiful sacrifice He made for the sins of humanity. Certainly, the time Christ spent on earth proclaiming the Good News of His grace has affected people all throughout history. Some see Him as a great role model for love and peace, others a wise teacher unfairly executed. But the heart of the Christian faith has been the literal heart beat of what happened after His death. 

It was after His lungs collapsed and heart stopped that something truly unprecedented occurred: the once-dead man became alive again and actually walked those same dusty roads not just once, but for forty days, God in human 
flesh. He visited with friends in a garden, chatted with them on the road or in their apartments, even cooked breakfast for them on the beach. 

Why did Jesus, the God-Man, spend 40 days after His death appearing to over 500 people? To establish His new body! And now He establishes His new kingdom in our hearts.

Insight: Paul writes that if Christ wasn't raised from the dead, our faith is useless. how can Christ's resurrection affect your faith today?

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 04 Apr 2021, 10:39 pm

Resurrection!

"But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead,"   1 Corinthians 15:20a

Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 15

Have you noticed that exclamation points have become the punctuation marks of choice in texts and social media? Writing can sound flat, but an "!" (or several of them) will add emphasis and importance to an otherwise ho-hum remark. 

When it comes to Christianity, the resurrection of Jesus Christ is the exclamation point to the Gospel. It is the very foundation of Christianity. Without it, the cross and all that it stands for is meaningless. There is no reconciliation with God, no redemption from sin's curse, no atonement for sin's penalty. Without the resurrection, the Gospel and our faith are useless, we are still in our sins, and we are to be pitied more than all people. 

But today we celebrate the reality of the resurrection of Jesus. The women, the disciples and even the Roman soldiers saw the stone rolled away revealing an empty tomb. Jesus showed Himself to Mary Magdalene, ate with the disciples, and appeared to more than 500 at one time. The angel's message was 100% true: "He has risen!" Let's celebrate!

Insight: Come and celebrate. Sing unto the Lord. Shout His praises from the rooftop and exclaim, "It's Resurrection Day!"

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 02 Apr 2021, 10:54 pm

April 2, 2021 at 12:18 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Faithful to Generations

Faithful to Generations

One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. Psalm 145:4

Scripture Focus: Psalm 145:1-13

On the last evening of visiting family on the west coast, He decided to have an intentional conversation with his four grandchildren. The fire pit provided warmth and distraction to allow speaking without embarrassment. Since their families live 3,000 miles apart, he felt motivated to ask the question, “What is the role of a grandparent?”

No Googled answers were allowed. From their young lips came wise thoughts and heartfelt responses: “To be a role model,” “To pray for us,” “To love us,” “To give us wisdom,” “To accept us,” “To be proud of us.” His heart was warmed when they also said that a grandparent should tell them about God.

Psalm 145 is filled with words about commending the works of God, telling of His mighty acts and awesome deeds, and celebrating His abundant goodness by passing word of it along to the upcoming generations. Doing so is a responsibility, but also a privilege.

Don’t miss any opportunity to recount God’s faithfulness to your children, grandchildren, friends, or any coming behind you.

Scripture Focus

Insight: “We will not hide them from their children; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD.” (Psalm 78:4)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 01 Apr 2021, 8:58 pm

April 1, 2021 at 02:34 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Faithful Humbling

Faithful Humbling

“My heart is not proud, O LORD, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me.” Psalm 131:1

Scripture Focus: Psalm 131

Daniel records the history of King Nebuchadnezzar who was so enamored with himself and his accomplishments that he wanted to be worshipped. A frightening, prophetic dream interpreted by Daniel brought fear to the king’s heart and later became reality.

As Nebuchadnezzar was praising himself and his achievements, a voice came from heaven declaring that he would enter into a period of insanity. He’d be driven from his people and would eat grass among cattle. Proverbs 16:18 came alive: “Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.” In time, Nebuchadnezzar’s sanity was restored, and his pride was gone.

Not one of us is outside the reaches of pride. We struggle with it daily, sometimes walking dangerously close to utter breakdown as with Nebuchadnezzar. We need Paul’s warnings against it and Peter’s reminders that God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble. Jesus condemned the teachers of the law for their pride. Then He, being in very nature God, humbled Himself and became obedient to death for our sakes.

Insight: The Lord will humble the proud. When you’re tempted to walk in haughtiness and pride, choose to walk in humility instead.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 31 Mar 2021, 8:42 pm

March 30, 2021 at 01:32 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Faithful Gardener

Faithful Gardener

He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. John 15:2

Scripture Focus: John 15:1-4

Colonial Williamsburg is known not only for being a seat of national history but also for its spectacular gardens. Walking among them awakens the senses and inspires those who enjoy creativity in gardening. However, the pruning season in the fall is not the best time to view the gardens. The process looks brutal; the loveliness is destroyed.

Jesus describes His Father as the Gardener, cutting away branches that are unfruitful for those abiding in the Vine. Have you experienced His painful pruning? It is easy in our goal- oriented society to fill our lives with much that is good while crowding out what is best. Life becomes chaotic, confusing, and disappointing. It is His faithfulness alone that comes to rescue from the tyranny of the urgent.

His pruning is an act of love, meant to bring quietness to the soul and greater purpose to life. It may hurt now, but He will make you more fruitful later. Perhaps most of all, this agony in your life is His call to submit to Him while He pours on the oil of His love.

Insight: “He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love.” (Zephaniah 3:17)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 30 Mar 2021, 11:30 pm

March 30, 2021 at 12:00 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  The Faithful Vine

The Faithful Vine

I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5

Scripture Focus: John 15:1-17

When you know Jesus as the Lord of your life, good works naturally follow. Jesus speaks in Matthew 25 of the importance of good works done for God’s glory. “The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me’” (vs. 40). Giving freely, inviting others in, visiting those who are alone, etc., are the natural, visible fruits from those faithfully abiding in Jesus. On the other hand, Jesus condemned the efforts of the Pharisees who were concerned only about being seen and praised.

We’re just starting a new month of 2021. Perhaps just a few weeks ago you had resolved to be more faithful this year in various ways. You may have set yourself anew to the doing of good works. By this time you may be painfully aware of how hard it is to remain faithful to our resolutions. The only way we can bear fruit is by drawing life from the True Vine. Even our intentions fall short. But our ever- faithful life source, Jesus, never fails.

Scripture Focus

Insight: “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last.” (John 15:16)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 26 Mar 2021, 11:29 pm

March 26, 2021 at 3:00 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Faithful to Speak

Faithful to Speak

“Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.” James 1:22

Scripture Focus: James 1:19-27

Jesus told the story of the Good Samaritan, and it has been the subject of countless sermons, lessons, and books. Once when I taught from that passage, I passionately challenged my congregation to have eyes and hearts opened to those beaten, broken, and left for dead.

Then—as people often do—it seems I forgot that lesson entirely. While we traveled to a city in California and stayed in a lovely hotel across from a library which was beautifully designed with a protective overhang. From my window I could see a gathering of homeless people there looking for shelter from the  rain. Instinctively, I felt judgmental of that city for its neglect.

When made it to our destination home, we having enjoyed wonderful travel experiences, I took a prayer walk to quiet my heart. I remembered the Good Samaritan story and realized I had not been a doer of His word. Never once did I cross the street to take a cup of hot coffee, a bottle of water, or a word of hope. In my deep repentance, I did receive mercy and forgiveness. But I also was chastened and changed.

Insight: “Whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.” (Matthew 25:45)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 25 Mar 2021, 2:27 pm

March 25, 2021 at 12:58 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Unfailing Love

Unfailing Love

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad in our days. Psalm 90:14

Scripture Focus: Psalm 90:14-17

Is God really enough? Forty plus years ago, I attended a retreat whose speaker shared a personal example in answer to this. Hers is a story I’ve shared with others repeatedly and whose truth I embrace.

His Wife and himself, partners in ministry, had planned an event that required much work and preparation. On the day of the big event,his wife said that she’d be unable to participate, leaving him to carry the load alone. After completing the necessary tasks, he was dismayed when his wife said that she was choosing not to be present. He felt betrayed and forsaken. He cried out to the Lord about his hurt and disappointment. And then he came to his senses, declaring by faith that God is enough. After all, wasn’t the event for His glory? He was able to move through the important occasion with joy.

When human relationships disappoint—which they undoubtedly will do—we can press into our heavenly Father. We can rest in His sufficiency, knowing He will satisfy us in the morning with His ever-faithful and unfailing love.

Insight: “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 24 Mar 2021, 10:15 pm

March 24, 2021 at 12:45 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Faithfully With Us

Faithfully With Us

My times are in your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me. Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love. Psalm 31:15-16

Scripture Focus: Psalm 31:19-24

In 1908 Anne S. Murphy wrote the hymn, “Constantly Abiding”. “There’s a peace in my heart that the world never gave; A peace it cannot take away; Though the trials of life may surround like a cloud; I’ve a peace that has come here to stay!” The chorus contains the promise of Jesus: “I will never leave thee.” There will never be an end to proclaiming how God is faithfully with us.

In Psalm 31 David, pursued by enemies, declared it is possible to find shelter in God’s presence. His life as a warrior was danger-ridden with no guarantee of his life being spared. Yet he used such terms as refuge, high tower, and strong fortress to give a picture of a protected place. Not a physical place, but the very presence of God.

The trials of life will come, and you’ll feel hemmed in on every side. Like David, you’ll feel trapped, afflicted, and cut off. But the promise of the Lord’s presence becomes a reality in the darkest of times. We see how great His goodness is which He has stored up for those who believe in Him (vs. 19).

Insight: “So we say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?’” (Hebrews 13:6)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 23 Mar 2021, 4:47 pm

Topic: +DEV+  Faithfully Feeding Us

Faithfully Feeding Us

“Give us today our daily bread.” Matthew 6:11

Scripture Focus: Matthew 6:5-15

Have you ever tried to use the Lord’s Prayer as a guide for your prayer life? Though succinct, it covers all aspects of life. After you pray that God’s name would be held high and ask for His kingdom to come and His will to be done, you make your request for daily bread.

But what exactly is it you are hungering for? What are your needs and deep longings? He knows our true needs. He also knows which of our longings are rooted in Him and which are rooted in our own selfish desires. In the quietness of the morning, I reflect upon the day before me, and those answers begin to come to the fore.

Yes, many of our needs are of a physical nature. We dare not take for granted that we have food, clothing, and a roof over our heads. But our greater need is to know Jesus Christ, the Bread of Life, the true nourishment for our souls. And like the Israelites who wandered in the wilderness, we too need our Daily Bread, provided to us fresh and in perfect measure each and every morning. Our loving Lord faithfully feeds us!

Insight: “The LORD said to Moses, ‘I will rain down bread from heaven The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day.’” (Exodus 16:4)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 22 Mar 2021, 11:07 pm

March 21, 2021 at 12:01 AM CST
Topic: +DEV+  Faithful in Love

Faithful in Love

“And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.” 1 John 4:16

Scripture Focus: 1 John 4:7-21

In May 2018 another royal wedding took place in England. It was like a fairytale, awe-inspiring with pageantry and splendor. It’s estimated that 1.9 billion people worldwide watched the event.

There seems to be a universal longing for a story of true love with a happily-ever-after ending. But in the course of life—even in the most devoted relationships—love is tested. Irritations and resentments can creep in and overshadow what used to be feelings of warmth and affection. Human love alone will not suffice for the journey of life we face.

Bishop Michael Curry delivered the homily at the recent royal wedding. I was struck by the phrase “unselfish, redemptive, sacrificial love” used in his charge. He began to talk about the power of God’s love that could make that kind of love possible in ordinary life. The faithful, unbreaking love of the Lord runs so much deeper than fairytale love or any earthly love. We know it and rely on it above all else. It flows right into our troubled relationships and restores harmony.

Insight: “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.” (1 John 4:7)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 19 Mar 2021, 11:38 pm

March 19, 2021 at 1:45 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  A Prepared Place

A Prepared Place

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.” John 14:1

Scripture Focus: John 14:1-14

Though Jesus’ disciples were privileged to experience His actual physical presence, they still had fears and doubts. And after traveling for three years with Jesus to familiar places, they still were puzzled when He spoke of going away, wondering where that could be. If I’d been one of His disciples, I would have wondered about it, too.

John 14 begins a long discourse which must have slowly brought some understanding. Jesus explained that He is the Way and the Truth and the Life. He told of how He would leave this world and go back to His Father. He promised a place in the eternal realm for all who choose to come to the Father through Him.

Most of us gave very little thought to death when we were younger. But with the passing of years, we think about it more and more. We long for some assurance that there is more to life than what we’ve experienced on planet earth. Through Jesus’ death and resurrection we have complete assurance that there is more. And one day, all believers will enter into that glorious reality.

Insight: “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me...” (John 14:3)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 18 Mar 2021, 9:25 pm

March 18, 2021 at 1:45 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Faithful in Life and Death

Faithful in Life and Death

“The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.” Psalm 23:1
Scripture Focus: Psalm 23:1

This familiar psalm of David proclaims God’s faithfulness in all circumstances. Have you ever been so weary that you could hardly put one foot in front of the other? Ever pushed so hard that you nearly collapsed? Restoration of your soul would need to come somehow. Perhaps actually being in the green of nature or beside the quietness of a lake or stream helped revive you.

But we won’t always be able to find that sort of solitude. Often the work deadlines, the doctor appointments, the home repairs, the pile of bills, and the challenges of parenting will not let up. There’s no getaway in sight. There will be only one place to run to, one place to be not in want, to be restored, guided, and comforted: in the presence of your faithful Lord and Shepherd, Jesus Christ.

We will all walk through the valley of the shadow of death, but even there we can expect His presence. The light of eternity will shine into that dark tunnel as we move forward to the dwelling place of the Lord. And one day, we will be with Him forever.

Insight: Jesus said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next